Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: UEFA To Abolish FFP?

Banned

I'm genuinely disheartened by all the discussion being about how they might (or will struggle to) create a side to challenge for the top silverware, and nothing about the tyrannical dictatorship that rules/owns the country.

I thought the oppressive dictatorships of Qatar and Abu Dhabi were bad enough, but Saudi Arabia make them look like liberal democracies! The female half of the population are denied even basic human rights; they execute people who are gay; they stone people to death for having a bit of extra-marital (more accurately, they stone the women to death; the men just get a flogging); they cut of limbs of petty criminals, even if they're doing it because they're starving. They are the biggest funders of terrorism in the world, going back to funding the Mujahidin terrorists in Afghanistan through to the Taliban and Al Qaeda; they export their particular hate-filled and oppressive ultra-zealous version of Islam by building mosques around the world; they have murdered thousands of children in Yemen by involving themselves in that civil war to ensure their corrupt chums there don't lose control of the country.

They are scum.

And yet almost everyone involved in football - journalists, pundits (including self-appointed moral arbiter of football, the rent-a-gob Manc tw*t Ratface Neville), managers, players - just averts their eyes and talk about anything but the evil nature of the owners. Honourable exceptions to Klopp in his presser today, and the ever-brilliant David Squires from the Guardian, whose latest cartoon is sheer genius; every panel nails it:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...saudi-takeover

Banned

Banned

Can't believe that Everton have been allowed to totally disregard even the lax Premier League FFP rules.

Looks like they'll be arranging their own punishment though, via a stretch in the Championship

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post

Looks like they'll be arranging their own punishment though, via a stretch in the Championship

Learning All The Songs

City, more than 100 alleged breaches of PL rules, unlike the UEFA investigation they cannot get round them by them being outside the 5 year window UEFA have to prosecute, the PL have no such limitation. Theyve been found guilty twice by UEFA, hopefully this results in a punishment far more severe than the slaps on the wrist they have received previously.

Learning All The Songs Brian Nazareth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    City, more than 100 alleged breaches of PL rules, unlike the UEFA investigation they cannot get round them by them being outside the 5 year window UEFA have to prosecute, the PL have no such limitation. Theyve been found guilty twice by UEFA, hopefully this results in a punishment far more severe than the slaps on the wrist they have received previously.
    Fingers crossed. The sportwashers have cheated for far too long. Hopefully relegation and a 5 year PL ban. Perhaps the Abu Dhabi dictatorship will lose interest in their sportwashing project, leaving Man City to once again become a nothing yo-yo club.

I think it's also a shot across the bows for the human rights-denying, terrorism-funding, mass-murdering, misogynist dictators who are using Newcastle as another sportwashing project.
    He's not the Messiah, he's a naughty boy.

Is there anyone who can afford to buy a top football club who will have got their money from legitimate sources? I'm guessing now not many is the answer.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Is there anyone who can afford to buy a top football club who will have got their money from legitimate sources? I'm guessing now not many is the answer.
    Hardly any, Liverpool were bought by FSG in 2010 for £300million, now they are valued at £3-4billion, in 11 years thats 12 times what it was worth when they bought it. Even a low level PL team like Bournemouth was bought for £100million and they are a tiny club, there aren’t many left owned by locals like they were when the PL began.

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Nice bit of whataboutery

Here's a good article:

Man City scandal is not about fair play – it’s about fraud

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-b2279693.html

The Saudi dictatorship taking the whole cesspit of corruption that sportwashing brings to a whole new level.

Firstly, it's emerging that the Saudi dictatorship has a huge stake in Clearwater, the murky private equity firm that majority bankrolled the purchase of Chelsea by Boehly's consortium.
    Chelsea are, remember, under 'FFP' pressure after their 'drunken sailor on shoreleave' splurge last summer.
    The Saudi dictatorship has set up this Potemkin football league, and are paying Chelsea vastly over-inflated transfer fees for the players they don't want to keep
    This allows Chelsea to circumvent the 'FFP' rules

Secondly, Ruben Neves is close to joining Al Hilal from Wolves. It's now being reported that Neves will be loaned to Saudi dictatorship-owned) Newcastle for 2 years.
    This allows Newcastle to acquire a player but avoid the transfer fee counting toward the FFP calculation

This will just be the start, with the world's top players cherry-picked by the Saudi dictatorship, then loaned to the clubs they own/invest in.

Like Golf and increasingly F1, football will be effectively controlled by a bunch of evil, stinking, human rights-denying, terrorism-funding, murderous, misogynist oil dictators.

Well, that's football dead...

Sportwashing cheats given even more of a charter to cheat

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67490620

Got A Replica Shirt

Got to admire the front if they do that though... Neves and Ronaldo in January?

The number of PL clubs that already own other teams or at least have agreements with them is staggering:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...a-Everton.html

Got A Season Ticket

The whole thing is really strange but not much of a shock. My club (Sheffield United) are Saudi owned and there was talk last season of them selling up which never materialised. As it stands I think they also some Belgian team and an Indian team although I'd imagine there's some involvement with a Saudi team as the guy is a Saudi royal. The whole thing is a bit of a shit show. Then there was the involvement of the Chinese too which wasn't great. I'll be honest since we've been promoted I've not been and don't really miss it. I used to like it in the Championship and even League 1 as I could go and sit with lads I know home or away, visited some great places and had some great laughs. Now I can't get an away ticket without paying through the nose, I was offered one for Chelsea in a couple of weeks for £200 but decided I couldn't be bothered in the end as we'll likely get hammered and I'll spend the day with the wife in London. What gets me though, and there's a part of this with RL too. Kids now see the likes of Messi, Ronaldo and Mbappe and think that's what football is. I was talking my lad and his mate somewhere last week and they were talking in the back of the car about football and his mate was saying how he doesn't really "support" Liverpool anymore and is more interested in how PSG are getting on because of Mbappe, but also likes Real Madrid because of Jude Bellingham. I didn't say anything as he's not the brightest lad but I found it really sad all the same and spoke to my lad about it and the importance of standing by your team, thankfully he said he's happy supporting the Blades as it's a bit different.

One thing I have been thinking of late is I may start going watching non league football. I was in Prescott a few Saturdays ago and the Cables had a home game, the was plenty of people about before Kick off and it sounded like a decent atmosphere, a mate mentioned he went to Southport with a business colleague and had a good time so maybe that's worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJ View Post
    What gets me though, and there's a part of this with RL too. Kids now see the likes of Messi, Ronaldo and Mbappe and think that's what football is. I was talking my lad and his mate somewhere last week and they were talking in the back of the car about football and his mate was saying how he doesn't really "support" Liverpool anymore and is more interested in how PSG are getting on because of Mbappe, but also likes Real Madrid because of Jude Bellingham.

I've seen that very same point made a few times in various places. It is just pretty vomit-inducing.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Nazareth View Post
    I've seen that very same point made a few times in various places. It is just pretty vomit-inducing.
    Aye, I don't understand it myself. But the whole world seems sold on pointless celebrities so I guess when these footballers become so rich and famous kids see that and they follow a player not a team.

Got A Season Ticket

5-0 against Burnley and Everton won. Safe to say we won't be playing EPL football next season so probably won't attract a buyer.