Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: UEFA To Abolish FFP?

Banned

Default UEFA To Abolish FFP?

They may as well do.

Whilst the aims of FFP were noble, if the biggest financial dopers in the history of sport have got away with their blatent cheating, what's the point?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    They may as well do.

Whilst the aims of FFP were noble, if the biggest financial dopers in the history of sport have got away with their blatent cheating, what's the point?
    Im no City lover but I always doubted the sincerity and motivation of FFP. Its timing seemed to coincide with England becoming the dominant league in Europe and just like Blatter and his cronies, the reputation of UEFA like FIFA now lies in the gutter and I like that. This country was shafted for years by their ilk and the last 5 years has been total payback.
    Last edited by eddiewaringsflatcap; 13th July 2020 at 13:11.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Im no City lover but I always doubted the sincerity and motivation of FFP. Its timing seemed to coincide with England becoming the dominant league in Europe and just like Blatter and his cronies, the reputation of UEFA like FIFA now lies in the gutter and I like that. This country was shafted for years by their ilk and the last 5 years has been total payback.
    Get your facts right webbo,,, CITY DIDN'T CHEAT, unlike Liverpool when they hacked into city's academy system, besides, this is a Saints rugby league forum, not football

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Colin View Post
    Get your facts right webbo,,, CITY DIDN'T CHEAT, unlike Liverpool when they hacked into city's academy system, besides, this is a Saints rugby league forum, not football
    You do realise that this is in the off topic section of the forum? As in the place to talk about things other than rugby...

Learning All The Songs

They may as well do.

I think the problem is that they had already planned on punishing City before the investigation was complete, whilst City could well have breached the rules the rules on sponsorship by companies owned by the clubs owners are at best unclear. I’m not a City fan, but are City, who have access to vast amounts of funding, less financially viable than Manchester United who are still laden with hundreds of millions of pounds of debt from their takeover 15 years ago?

For FFP to be viable loopholes need to be closed and grey areas need to be cleared up, otherwise they may as well get rid of it.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    I think the problem is that they had already planned on punishing City before the investigation was complete, whilst City could well have breached the rules the rules on sponsorship by companies owned by the clubs owners are at best unclear. I’m not a City fan, but are City, who have access to vast amounts of funding, less financially viable than Manchester United who are still laden with hundreds of millions of pounds of debt from their takeover 15 years ago?

For FFP to be viable loopholes need to be closed and grey areas need to be cleared up, otherwise they may as well get rid of it.
    Talking about fair play, a club like Manchester utd have seriously breached ffp rules in that they are £300 million in debt, yet can go and spend £90 million on Paul pogba???? Really?.. Hardly fair at all

Banned

Talking about fair play, a club like Manchester utd have seriously breached ffp rules in that they are £300 million in debt, yet can go and spend £90 million on Paul pogba???? Really?.. Hardly fair at all
    FFP is all about affordability, though. And, much as it pains me to say it, Man U have the biggest income of any club in the UK (because they're the biggest club). Their income allows them to spend the level of money that they do.

What Abu Dhabi were accused of (and the hacked documents looked like a smoking gun to everyone but CAS) was pretending bungs from the Abu Dhabi state (which can't be included as income for FFP reasons) was legitimate sponsorship income.

The problem is that up until being bought by a murderously tyrannical oil dictatorship for sportwashing purposes, Man City were a nothing club barely known outside of Manchestoh. As such, their income was a pittance in comparison to genuine big clubs like Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, who've built their status organically from the ground up by winning through the ages and attracting fans, media attention and global following as a result.

Got A Season Ticket

FFP is all about affordability, though. And, much as it pains me to say it, Man U have the biggest income of any club in the UK (because they're the biggest club). Their income allows them to spend the level of money that they do.

What Abu Dhabi were accused of (and the hacked documents looked like a smoking gun to everyone but CAS) was pretending bungs from the Abu Dhabi state (which can't be included as income for FFP reasons) was legitimate sponsorship income.

The problem is that up until being bought by a murderously tyrannical oil dictatorship for sportwashing purposes, Man City were a nothing club barely known outside of Manchestoh. As such, their income was a pittance in comparison to genuine big clubs like Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, who've built their status organically from the ground up by winning through the ages and attracting fans, media attention and global following as a result.
    Man city have more local fans than utd or liverpool put together and since the premier league began, both utd and Liverpool have spent far more than city. Plus how the •••• can you call city a nothing club, you wouldnt have the bottle to walk round Manchester saying that, big mouth gob shite

Learning All The Songs

Man city have more local fans than utd or liverpool put together and since the premier league began, both utd and Liverpool have spent far more than city. Plus how the •••• can you call city a nothing club, you wouldnt have the bottle to walk round Manchester saying that, big mouth gob shite
    More local fans than both clubs put together? Yeah, thats not likely, as for Liverpool and United spending more in the Premier League era than City, thats not the case, only Chelsea have spent more than City, according to https://www.transferleague.co.uk/hom...1992-to-date-2 and would be well above them if they hadnt spent time in Division 1 and 2.

Before the money was pumped in City last won the league in 1968 and last won a major trophy in 1976, and when in the Premier League spending most of the time in the bottom half of the table, without the money they would likely still be there, so could be seen as previously being a nothing club.

Banned

Methinks I touched a nerve...

Please provide a link to evidence to back up your 'more local fans than Man U or Liverpool put together' or we'll just consider it to be a fantastical claim based on sheer bollocks, because I can't see Citeh having a bigger local fan base than either. I've worked in Manchester for 19 years and met scores of football fans local to the area: Man U fans outnumber Citeh fans in those I've met by about 6:1.

The fact the Emptihad always has swathes of unoccupied seats hardly backs up your claim (although curiously the attendance figure is always inflated... more FFP chicanery?)

With regards to spending, if we go from when the tyrannical oil dictatorship bought you out in 2008, your net transfer spend has been £1.2bn. Man U's was second at £721m and Liverpool £328m (source: http://www.sportbible.com/football/n...90610.amp.html)

So that's more nonsense you've spouted.

Finally, do you agree that your angry insults and insinuations that Citeh fans would subject me to something unpleasant for merely saying that prior to hitting the oil dictator jackpot Citeh were a 'nothing club', show a serious inferiority complex amongst Citeh fans?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

No they don't, don't be daft. There are more United fans in Manchester than City fans, it isn't even close. Yes, the percentage of City fans that come from Manchester is higher than the percentage of United fans that come from Manchester, but that doesn't mean United don't have more fans in the city. And I would strongly suggest that the percentage of football fans in Liverpool who follow Liverpool is also alot higher than the percentage of Mancs that follow City.

Twenty years ago you'd just been promoted from the third tier via the play-offs, and barring a decent spell for a decade between 1967 and 1976 when you won the league, the ECWC and a couple of League Cups you were basically an underachieving big city club until you came into money. Not a nothing club I agree, you were regularly in the European spots in the 60s and 70s, and were generally amongst the 5 or 6 best supported clubs in the land during those decades, but nothing to shout home about either.

Fans of genuinely big clubs expect to be at the top, and when they're not they make an issue out of it. It comes from history and expectation, and City never had any of that pre-2010. You'd never hear a Liverpool or United fan singing 'We're Not Really Here' when they were on the verge of winning something would you, because whilst the City fans were overwhelmed to find themselves in such a position that they used humour to explain it away, it still showed that there was never an expectation or even a hope that the club would organically get to the top beforehand. That's the difference.

City are like Newcastle, Tottenham, Everton and a few others. They are big clubs to an extent, play in big cities and therefore have decent sized fanbases. They also each have a period in history when they were really good, but those periods weren't very long and were all quite some time ago. City were the club that got the oil money and hit the big time, but had that money gone to any of the other 3 clubs mentioned they would be in City's place now and City would be 8th in the league and of no real consequence to anyone barring two derby games a season.

Tin pot club with tin pot fans (when they can be bothered to turn up), as this guy is proving.
    I ate a tuna sandwich on my first day!

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    No they don't, don't be daft. There are more United fans in Manchester than City fans, it isn't even close. Yes, the percentage of City fans that come from Manchester is higher than the percentage of United fans that come from Manchester, but that doesn't mean United don't have more fans in the city. And I would strongly suggest that the percentage of football fans in Liverpool who follow Liverpool is also alot higher than the percentage of Mancs that follow City.

Twenty years ago you'd just been promoted from the third tier via the play-offs, and barring a decent spell for a decade between 1967 and 1976 when you won the league, the ECWC and a couple of League Cups you were basically an underachieving big city club until you came into money. Not a nothing club I agree, you were regularly in the European spots in the 60s and 70s, and were generally amongst the 5 or 6 best supported clubs in the land during those decades, but nothing to shout home about either.

Fans of genuinely big clubs expect to be at the top, and when they're not they make an issue out of it. It comes from history and expectation, and City never had any of that pre-2010. You'd never hear a Liverpool or United fan singing 'We're Not Really Here' when they were on the verge of winning something would you, because whilst the City fans were overwhelmed to find themselves in such a position that they used humour to explain it away, it still showed that there was never an expectation or even a hope that the club would organically get to the top beforehand. That's the difference.

City are like Newcastle, Tottenham, Everton and a few others. They are big clubs to an extent, play in big cities and therefore have decent sized fanbases. They also each have a period in history when they were really good, but those periods weren't very long and were all quite some time ago. City were the club that got the oil money and hit the big time, but had that money gone to any of the other 3 clubs mentioned they would be in City's place now and City would be 8th in the league and of no real consequence to anyone barring two derby games a season.
    As per usual, you are completely making random things up whilst totally embarrassing yourself in the process, keep taking the pills and maybe you will get better

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by JBT View Post
    Tin pot club with tin pot fans (when they can be bothered to turn up), as this guy is proving.
    Another loser who doesn't know what he's talking about

As per usual, you are completely making random things up whilst totally embarrassing yourself in the process, keep taking the pills and maybe you will get better
    Tell me where I'm wrong. Tell me where I've made things up. I'll be waiting.

Where is your proof then on your comment about more City fans than United in Manchester? Talk about making things up and embarrassing yourself...

Another loser who doesn't know what he's talking about
    Come on then, show us your proof and evidence of your claim...

Got A Season Ticket

Come on then, show us your proof and evidence of your claim...
    A mate of mine used to be a season ticket holder at utd but gave it up as at every home game it was different people there all the time proving utd are a tin pot tourist attraction and not club. And incidentally, some Liverpool fans are shameless

A mate of mine used to be a season ticket holder at utd but gave it up as at every home game it was different people there all the time proving utd are a tin pot tourist attraction and not club. And incidentally, some Liverpool fans are shameless
    Damn, got me, that would hold up in a court of law wouldn't it!! #Emptyhad

Got A Season Ticket

Damn, got me, that would hold up in a court of law wouldn't it!! #Emptyhad
    Plus city fans dont blame past disasters on other people. Anyway, aren't you launching fireworks at the liver building again tonight?look at the top 3 most expensive premier league signings in history, no city transfers there

Plus city fans dont blame past disasters on other people. Anyway, aren't you launching fireworks at the liver building again tonight?
    Being a United fan, why would I do that? And by disasters, you mean what exactly?

And still waiting for you to substantiate your ridiculous claims...

No, that proves that United have loads of out of town fans. It doesn't prove that City have more fans in Manchester than United.

Still waiting for you to tell me where I was making things up...

Were you in the third tier of English football 21 years ago?
    Are you saying I'm wrong when I said City had a good decade between 1967 and 1976?
    Are you saying I'm wrong that City were amongst the 5 or 6 best supported clubs in the 60s and 70s?
    Are you saying I'm wrong that City fans had no real expectation of winning league titles pre-2010?
    Are you saying I'm wrong that 'We're not really here' was sung by City fans because they couldn't believe where they had got to post-2010?
    Are you saying that pre-2010 City were a bigger club than Newcastle, Tottenham and Everton?
    Are you suggesting that City would have won several league titles in the last decade without the takeover?

Got A Season Ticket

Being a United fan, why would I do that? And by disasters, you mean what exactly?

And still waiting for you to substantiate your ridiculous claims...
    Dont worry, its on its way. Yes you have more fans in salford because thats where utd are

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    No, that proves that United have loads of out of town fans. It doesn't prove that City have more fans in Manchester than United.

Still waiting for you to tell me where I was making things up...

Were you in the third tier of English football 21 years ago?
    Are you saying I'm wrong when I said City had a good decade between 1967 and 1976?
    Are you saying I'm wrong that City were amongst the 5 or 6 best supported clubs in the 60s and 70s?
    Are you saying I'm wrong that City fans had no real expectation of winning league titles pre-2010?
    Are you saying I'm wrong that 'We're not really here' was sung by City fans because they couldn't believe where they had got to post-2010?
    Are you saying that pre-2010 City were a bigger club than Newcastle, Tottenham and Everton?
    Are you suggesting that City would have won several league titles in the last decade without the takeover?
    Newcastle a big club??? Dont make me laugh. People make it sound as though city are the only club spending money on players, making it seem like every other club is full of free transfers lol

Newcastle a big club??? Dont make me laugh. People make it sound as though city are the only club spending money on players, making it seem like every other club is full of free transfers lol
    Is that it? That's your response?

In 2010 City had won 2 league titles, 4 FA Cups, 1 European trophy
    In 2010 Newcastle had won 4 league titles, 6 FA Cups, 1 European trophy

In the decade 2000-2010 City had been no higher than 5th in the PL, never qualified for the CL, and had spent two years in the Championship. In the same decade Newcastle had finished 5th or higher three times, been in the CL twice, etc, etc.

So, pre-takeover, City were a bigger football club than Newcastle?