Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mark Percival

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Part of it, part comes under Wigan

WN5 post code
    Billinge, Wigan Lancs

Still far too many scousers and settlers though.
    Did you know that Carr Mill once came under Billinge Chapel End?

AND it's BILLINGE HILL
    I've got a WA9 postcode. Last time I checked, I didn't live in Warrington. If you pay your council tax to St Helens, you're in St Helens. If you pay it to Wigan, you're in Wigan. If you pay under Warrington, you're in Warrington.

Postcodes are meaningless. Rainhill has an L35 postcode. It isn't in Liverpool

Banned

Yes but Ralph this is the world of Purple Brian. Purple Brian does not believe in logic, Purple Brian lives in a world of bulging young biceps fuelled by Rathbones Bread and Pooles Pies. Purple Brian harks back for the day when he and Maurice Lindsay dreamed of making Wigan the epicentre of the world and they could educate the masses on the benefits of inbreeding.

Sadly when the world of Maurice and Purple Brian fell apart and Tesco was built on the Crown Jewels and Mo went off to a rented pad all Purple Brian had left was Red Vee. So sadly we have our very own version of a one man Mormon cult on a daily basis.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Part of it, part comes under Wigan

WN5 post code
    Billinge, Wigan Lancs

Still far too many scousers and settlers though.
    Did you know that Carr Mill once came under Billinge Chapel End?

AND it's BILLINGE HILL
    For accuracy MOST of Billinge comes under St Helens, the boundaries are Wigan Road going towards Windy Arbor and Upholland Road going towards Upholland/Orrell., I would say 80% of the properties are in the St Helens Borough. Its really only Billinge Upper End designated for Gooners these days.

All my relations and mates in Billinge have 01744 telephone dialling codes and they say Billinge Hill belongs to St Helens hence having the rights to call it Billinge Lump the highest point in Merseyside.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 9th July 2020 at 09:35.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    For accuracy MOST of Billinge comes under St Helens, the boundaries are Wigan Road going towards Windy Arbor and Upholland Road going towards Upholland/Orrell., I would say 80% of the properties are in the St Helens Borough. Its really only Billinge Upper End designated for Gooners these days.

All my relations and mates in Billinge have 01744 telephone dialling codes and they say Billinge Hill belongs to St Helens hence having the rights to call it Billinge Lump the highest point in Merseyside.
    Official Ordnance Survey maps also place the boundary north-east of the main village, putting Billinge Lump in St Helens.

But we've already given Brian his kicks for the day by all responding to him and rising to his bait.

Seriously chaps, as long as people reply to him, even with insults, he'll keep coming back and trolling to get the attention he craves. Just put the sad •••• on ignore or something.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Official Ordnance Survey maps also place the boundary north-east of the main village, putting Billinge Lump in St Helens.

But we've already given Brian his kicks for the day by all responding to him and rising to his bait.

Seriously chaps, as long as people reply to him, even with insults, he'll keep coming back and trolling to get the attention he craves. Just put the sad •••• on ignore or something.
    I know he worked in St Helens for a while, my suspicions are that he might be a settler and lives in the St Helens Borough.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I know he worked in St Helens for a while, my suspicions are that he might be a settler and lives in the St Helens Borough.
    He lives in cloud cuckoo land.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldun View Post
    Is it not also part of the pennine chain?
    No idea, but it could be, I didn't read that far!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    No idea, but it could be, I didn't read that far!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldun View Post
    Is it not also part of the pennine chain?
    When I was at school, we were taught that it was the last hill from one of the western spurs.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Wigan had a Zoom call with Canberra last week to try and learn from their experience.

Bearing in mind the NRL spent less time in lockdown and more time training, they have still suffered with a lot of injuries.

I expect all SL clubs to suffer greatly. Only 3 weeks of training before resumption is ridiculous. The lack of contact will make many injuries inevitable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah I agree, particularly with the six again rule as well. I understand why they want to bring it in but they’re asking for a hell of a lot from the players introducing it now given how little preparation time they’re going to have. The forwards in particular are going to find it really tough when they start playing again.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    Yeah I agree, particularly with the six again rule as well. I understand why they want to bring it in but they’re asking for a hell of a lot from the players introducing it now given how little preparation time they’re going to have. The forwards in particular are going to find it really tough when they start playing again.
    Maybe it would be an idea to go with a couple more interchanges.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I would do it slightly differently.

Eight or ten on the subs bench with eight substitution allowed in the game, once you're off no return. That would allow more players from all teams to get "game time" especially with no reserve grade this year.

Banned

Eight or ten on the subs bench with eight substitution allowed in the game, once you're off no return. That would allow more players from all teams to get "game time" especially with no reserve grade this year.
    I wouldn't be against that either but no doubt there'd be teams moaning they didn't have enough players or it was unfair in someway.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Maybe they could allow clubs to carry 5/6 players on the bench and make up to 10/12 substitutions, allows more use of squad players but doesn’t change the make up of the game massively, like Brian seems to want to attempt.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Maybe they could allow clubs to carry 5/6 players on the bench and make up to 10/12 substitutions, allows more use of squad players but doesn’t change the make up of the game massively, like Brian seems to want to attempt.
    I'm all for people making suggestions (even Brian when he's not being a knob), nothing is going to be perfect, it wasn't perfect to start with but I think we need to be open minded about this.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Good idea from Brian
    Learned comment from The Don

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I wouldn't object to that idea, though the likes of Carter would probably moan if he has to pay reserves first team money. One thing is for sure, there needs to some changes to spell players, so that games don't become a blowout and like basketball in the last 10-15 mins. The 6 again could actually favour us with the likes of Lees as a prop along with the other mobile forwards. I can see the likes of Amor, and Zeb later on in the game suffering with the 6 again.

We’ll benefit from the six again arguably more than any other team. We have a mobile pack and despite his advancing years, Roby will still rip it up with a quick ruck and quick distribution.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    We’ll benefit from the six again arguably more than any other team. We have a mobile pack and despite his advancing years, Roby will still rip it up with a quick ruck and quick distribution.

If we continue with the way we played before the break we’ll be giving away more tackles than we receive .