Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Percival

Got A Replica Shirt

Default Mark Percival

Any updates on his injury? Wasn’t he expected back sometime in August?

Quote Originally Posted by St Miller View Post
    Any updates on his injury? Wasn’t he expected back sometime in August?
    On his interview on Saints Tv he said June so he should be fit and available for kick off in August

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Lucan View Post
    On his interview on Saints Tv he said June so he should be fit and available for kick off in August
    Good news, he will make a difference to our left.

That's the only benefit I suppose they have got rid of the knocks.... For now anyway.
    Seems most clubs are not even back in training yet. I can see a lot of injuries once we are back underway.
    Seems to have been the case in the NRL from the games I have watched. Lots of quite serious ACL injuries especially.
    Could be a combination of factors including conditioning and speeding up of the game with the reset or maybe just bad luck?

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Good news, he will make a difference to our left.
    We certainly missed him.
    He’s a massive part of our back line, he runs it in like a forward and is a beast in defence, strangely enough normally against the guy who he got injured against (BMM).

Glad he’s back.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    That's the only benefit I suppose they have got rid of the knocks.... For now anyway.
    Seems most clubs are not even back in training yet. I can see a lot of injuries once we are back underway.
    Seems to have been the case in the NRL from the games I have watched. Lots of quite serious ACL injuries especially.
    Could be a combination of factors including conditioning and speeding up of the game with the reset or maybe just bad luck?
    I’ve never thought about this before until now but in the NRL the backs love to show off their agility, constant side stepping/‘goosey’s’ and this seems to be causing quite a few knee injuries from the games I’ve seen, lot’s of hyperextensions of the leg when it doesn’t go right.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    We certainly missed him.
    He’s a massive part of our back line, he runs it in like a forward and is a beast in defence, strangely enough normally against the guy who he got injured against (BMM).

Glad he’s back.
    Think he rattled BMM with a big hit and sadly got injured through it didnt he?

In The South Stand

You know yourself from playing that a lot of injuries are just bad luck

Banned

Possible lack of muscle strength in the quads and around the knee due to lack of weight training over the last few months?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Saw Matty Lees running up and down billinge lump last week if it's any help.
    Learned comment from The Don

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Hopefully it will help him, pity the rest of them weren't with him. Good to see him keen.

Wigan had a Zoom call with Canberra last week to try and learn from their experience.

Bearing in mind the NRL spent less time in lockdown and more time training, they have still suffered with a lot of injuries.

I expect all SL clubs to suffer greatly. Only 3 weeks of training before resumption is ridiculous. The lack of contact will make many injuries inevitable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

Whilst watching the games in Oz there seems to have been a lot of complaint about the state of the pitches, commentators were even blaming the pitch for the increase in injuries.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    Whilst watching the games in Oz there seems to have been a lot of complaint about the state of the pitches, commentators were even blaming the pitch for the increase in injuries.
    That pitch were the Roosters picked up the 2 ACL injuries looked shocking. I guess it's something we can learn from although I think we have a lot more experience of playing on poor surfaces.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Townie, settler, heretic. Don't go calling it Billinge Lump in t'foot or th'eagle or th'are.

Banned

You need to see someone.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    You need to see someone.
    I'm embarrassed for him.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

I think he's probably posted something particularly odd in order to distract people from reading Reacher's post. Imagine someone except him having the brass neck to post Pie info on here!

Banned

I don't think I have seen anything as scary since they gave Jimmy Saville the keys to Broadmoor. He isn't wired right.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    I think he's probably posted something particularly odd in order to distract people from reading Reacher's post. Imagine someone except him having the brass neck to post Pie info on here!
    I didn't know about the Zoom Call with Canberra but if Reacher says it, I'm pretty confident it happened. He's also spot on regards the fitness aspect.

Wonder if Canberra were telling Wigan what players they want off them for the coming seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Townie, settler, heretic. Don't go calling it Billinge Lump in t'foot or th'eagle or th'are.
    You are aware Billinge comes under St Helens rght?

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    You are aware Billinge comes under St Helens rght?
    Part of it, part comes under Wigan

WN5 post code
    Billinge, Wigan Lancs

Still far too many scousers and settlers though.
    Did you know that Carr Mill once came under Billinge Chapel End?

AND it's BILLINGE HILL

Banned

It's bedtime, your Brother and Sister are waiting for you. Don't forget to take your medications and we will see you tomorrow. Inbreeding it's the new garlic bread.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

From Wiki: Billinge Lump is the highest point in the Metropolitan Borough of St Helens in North West England. It is also the highest point of Merseyside.[1] It lies in Billinge, within the historic county boundaries of Lancashire. It is one of the 176 hills graded as a Marilyn in England.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    From Wiki: Billinge Lump is the highest point in the Metropolitan Borough of St Helens in North West England. It is also the highest point of Merseyside.[1] It lies in Billinge, within the historic county boundaries of Lancashire. It is one of the 176 hills graded as a Marilyn in England.
    Is it not also part of the pennine chain?

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect