Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bateman

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    Did he actually break his leg? Could have sworn it was untrue, but then I could well have just been dreaming that bit.
    I think so but couldn't swear to it now you say that. I know he did something fairly serious pre-season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Bateman 4 year deal back to Wigan. Confirmed.
    Ba****d

Learning All The Songs

Slightly bizarre given it’s meant to be a deal worth £2 million over 4 years and Lenagan has had to put £500,000 of his own money in. Then again slightly bizarre how, given the desperate tone of that email, we’ve managed to afford Graham, Joel Thompson and supposedly are offering Francis Molo more money than the Cowboys (if that rumour is to be believed).

Banned

Wigan gona have loads of salary to spare. Clubb flower burges gildart leuliau lockers and maybe hastings

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    Wigan gona have loads of salary to spare. Clubb flower burges gildart leuliau lockers and maybe hastings
    Common sense me: I like Bateman as a player, always have, and wish him all the best going forwards.

Me as a Saints fan: I hope his shoulder is ••••ed and he sucks Wigan dry for the next four years in return for some sub-par performances
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Common sense me: I like Bateman as a player, always have, and wish him all the best going forwards.

Me as a Saints fan: I hope his shoulder is ••••ed and he sucks Wigan dry for the next four years in return for some sub-par performances
    100%

Learning All The Songs

Brilliant he is back in Super League.

Sounds like to me he didnt really want to stay in Oz, so went fro broke asking for top money.

Dont care who he plays for, hope his shoulder isnt ••••ed because England (G need as much quality as pos.

SOOOOOO
    Is there anyone on the radar to replace Taia, And i mean someone in the same league as Taia??

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by CGSaint View Post

Sounds like to me he didnt really want to stay in Oz, so went fro broke asking for top money.

Dont care who he plays for, hope his shoulder isnt ••••ed because England (G need as much quality as pos.

SOOOOOO
    Is there anyone on the radar to replace Taia, And i mean someone in the same league as Taia??
    Joel Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I think so but couldn't swear to it now you say that. I know he did something fairly serious pre-season.
    Sure he did break his leg yeah Dave
    Last edited by Ralph Fridge; 3rd July 2020 at 19:55. Reason: SPG

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by maghullsaint View Post
    Joel Thompson
    Every time I read that we’ve signed Joel Thompson my heart jumps into my mouth. Then I realise it’s not kins, but son.

Got A Season Ticket

Default Bateman

Quote Originally Posted by CGSaint View Post

SOOOOOO
    Raiders offered him (and new manager) $780,000 up from $580,000 per year after the first approach in the week leading up to the grand final (nice one), they refused this but said it was a good start??? (they were looking for $900,000+), Raiders did not have that within there cap and told him he was free to go to the market, no offers were forthcoming so they returned to the Raiders and said they would accept the original upgrade offer but the Raiders had already spent it upgrading other team players. The bulldogs and dragons were interested but withdrew that interest, money was on the table at the Raiders next year, his new manager made 3 known approaches to the club on Batemans behalf (the Raiders paid Wigan a transfer fee of $200,000+), looks like John has been poorly advised he is the only one to miss out, his new manager still gets paid, the club has some free cap money, personally i would put him in the lower grades till he departs.

Got A Replica Shirt

There are no lower grades. Suspended. Good luck to him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Parrer View Post
    Raiders offered him (and new manager) $780,000 up from $580,000 per year after the first approach in the week leading up to the grand final (nice one), they refused this but said it was a good start??? (they were looking for $900,000+), Raiders did not have that within there cap and told him he was free to go to the market, no offers were forthcoming so they returned to the Raiders and said they would accept the original upgrade offer but the Raiders had already spent it upgrading other team players. The bulldogs and dragons were interested but withdrew that interest, money was on the table at the Raiders next year, his new manager made 3 known approaches to the club on Batemans behalf (the Raiders paid Wigan a transfer fee of $200,000+), looks like John has been poorly advised he is the only one to miss out, his new manager still gets paid, the club has some free cap money, personally i would put him in the lower grades till he departs.
    Sounds like it if it's worked out as you describe. I suppose on the other side of that, he's back home and close to his family and as much as I'd rather him not play for those lot, it's good for SL and shows the game isn't dead. As I said a few days ago, it's down to the usual suspects to lead the way as per.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Wigan have missed Bateman alot more than they probably thought they would.

Runs harder, faster and tackles much better than that Lump Burgess.

In The South Stand

If the rumoured £2 million over 4 years is true then his agent has actually done a good job for him. Got him a big payday and got him home again.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Saintgibbo View Post
    There are no lower grades. Suspended. Good luck to him.
    yes there are "Mounties" whether playing or not.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    If the rumoured £2 million over 4 years is true then his agent has actually done a good job for him. Got him a big payday and got him home again.
    Have to wonder about bulldogs and Dragons withdrawing interest ???, other comments have mentioned his shoulder ???. He missed about 6/7 dames last year and not played any so far this year but due back in 6 weeks, Raiders have spent heaps on his shoulder, think interested clubs would have access to these medical reports.

And suppose that 2 million would average out to about $480/510,000 per year, he is good enough to get much more in Aussie

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Have to wonder about bulldogs and Dragons withdrawing interest ???, other comments have mentioned his shoulder ???. He missed about 6/7 dames last year and not played any so far this year but due back in 6 weeks, Raiders have spent heaps on his shoulder, think interested clubs would have access to these medical reports.

And suppose that 2 million would average out to about $480/510,000 per year, he is good enough to get much more in Aussie
    It was more to do with him wanting to be back home to be close to his young daughter, than the money, although it does look as though he has got himself a good deal over here.

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    His salary right now works out at £320970 so he is marquee value. Who are our marquee players ?
    I thought it was 314159?

Sorry old joke.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    Blake Green is apparently "unwanted" by the NZ Warriors, he could be on his way back to Wigan.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    I thought it was 314159?

Sorry old joke.
    ������ the good old pi pie

In The South Stand

So £2 mill over 4 years is £500k per year,in aus money that is $898095.50 at the current exchange rate,so it's almost the $900k he was asking for

Got A Season Ticket

The 2 million must be aussie dollars, surely. Therefore (roughly) £1 million over 4 years/£250,000 a year. I thought he wasn't too fussed about the money, just wanted to be home closer to family? Hes landed on his feet there of hes closer to family and on alot more money

If it was £2 million sterling he would be one of the highest paid players in the world, alongside tedesco, taumalolo etc!

I'm not having it he's on more money at Wigan, than a) he was asking for at raiders or b) he was already on at raiders. All whilst he's crocked? Shocking business if he's on £500,000 per year.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Apologies should not talk figures late at night after a few drinks, that 500,000 pound per year is around $1 million Australian per year, but "IF" wigan have paid that much they have big rocks in there head, in the 2 seasons here he would hardly have played one full season. IF true (which i doubt) he will be laughing all the way to the bank. Again no other aussie club was interested this year OR next.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    It was more to do with him wanting to be back home to be close to his young daughter, than the money, although it does look as though he has got himself a good deal over here.
    Looks like his agent had played a blinder to me, Wigan are now paying a player almost 3 times as much as they were 2 years ago who doesn’t look any better player than when he left (he was already a very good player and remains so), with a serious shoulder injury that may or may not have an impact on whether he is the same player. Regardless of wanting to be back home for his family reasons, it’s staggering that no NRL club have offered him a deal and regardless of allegiance it looks a hell of a lot of money for a second rower with question marks over fitness.

More than a hint of Burgess here for me......

Have they also paid a transfer fee?
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.