Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bateman

Got A Replica Shirt

Both NRL Saints and Bulldogs were interested. They withdrew!!! What does that tell you . As for his manager, he might be close to having his license revoked.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Saintgibbo View Post
    Both NRL Saints and Bulldogs were interested. They withdrew!!! What does that tell you . As for his manager, he might be close to having his license revoked.
    It tells you that they knew he was going back to Wigan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

...or hes gonna follow in SOL's footsteps and be the next Mr Sicknote of Wigan RL

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    ...or hes gonna follow in SOL's footsteps and be the next Mr Sicknote of Wigan RL
    Unfortunately I think he's a bit more durable than Shirley. We can only hope though.

Banned

Your up early this morning purple did your sister and daughter kick you out of bed.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Your up early this morning purple did your sister and daughter kick you out of bed.
    Posted at 6 p.m.?

I guess opening the pubs up wasn't a good idea for you!!

Seeing as you asked so nicely, I don't have a sister, but I did have a brother who sadly died aged three months of age back in 1964.

We had a fantastic night last night and had our two youngest grandchildren stay over for the 1st time since February which allowed my youngest daughter and husband a night out. It's great to have nice people around you in what have been really difficult times for many people.

Banned

Posted at 6 p.m.?

Seeing as you asked so nicely, I don't have a sister, but I did have a brother who sadly died aged three months of age back in 1964.

We had a fantastic night last night and had our two youngest grandchildren stay over for the 1st time since February which allowed my youngest daughter and husband a night out. It's great to have nice people around you in what have been really difficult times for many people.
    Well thanks for that, I wasn't aware anyone asked for your life story but I'll sure sleep better knowing that.

Banned

Posted at 6 p.m.?

No purple I don't do pubs or hang on the shirt tails of rugby players young and old. Nice person? I think you got the answer from Roy of what people think of you. Back to your commode purple and at least you never get in a cold bed with all those family members.

Or that his shoulder is shot maybe?
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    Can only say the Raiders have spent heaps on his shoulder which he injured playing for England, they have gone to the NRL to get cap compensation, and yes other NRL clubs would be across his medical reports, so it does raise a question, that NON came forward with an offer and others withdrew offers (including the Raiders), even the bulldogs who are having trouble signing players. He has been poorly advised and his manager has been de-registered by the NRL (over another matter) which he is appealing.
    The NRL will be looking at the negative impact some managers have on clubs and players and will try to do something about it.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Shoulder injuries usually limit or finish top class second rows at the highest level so I will watch with interest how many games he actually plays.
    Learned comment from The Don

Banned

If Wigan are spending more on Bateman than they are in rent it throws a spanner in the current situation. They either have enough backing to try and buy the stadium or any new owner may have a different perspective on them and their contribution rate.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    If Wigan are spending more on Bateman than they are in rent it throws a spanner in the current situation. They either have enough backing to try and buy the stadium or any new owner may have a different perspective on them and their contribution rate.
    Very good point.

Got A Replica Shirt

Bateman was awarded the Dally M second rower of the year in his debut season. He also needed his shoulder operation halfway through that season. His first operation was unsuccessful so had to go back under the knife. Whether or not he is a good signing for Wigan all depends on his recovery. If he recovers fully then he's a top signing, but.... If he doesn't fully recover then "what a waste of moneyyyyyy!!"

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by The booze hound View Post
    Bateman was awarded the Dally M second rower of the year in his debut season. He also needed his shoulder operation halfway through that season. His first operation was unsuccessful so had to go back under the knife. Whether or not he is a good signing for Wigan all depends on his recovery. If he recovers fully then he's a top signing, but.... If he doesn't fully recover then "what a waste of moneyyyyyy!!"
    I would think Wigan (or any club) would not be stupid enough to sign him without certain safety "measures" in his contract, or would they ???..

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Parrer View Post
    I would think Wigan (or any club) would not be stupid enough to sign him without certain safety "measures" in his contract, or would they ???..
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    More than a hint of Burgess here for me......

^^^
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Got A Replica Shirt

Exclamation

Isaac Moses was allowed to be too powerful. 100 players, including a couple of coaches. There’s a lot of players out there up for grabs. Things may have been different for Bateman under a different agent. Who knows