Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wigan Athletic -administration-Twitter p

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Default Wigan Athletic administration

Be careful what you wish for.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Most days pass the ground on my mountain bike near the canal, was wondering what was going on, the outside area of the ground has been fenced off for over a week. Could be bad news for the wigoon rugby fans if Athletic get new owners with the ground, they might put the rent up.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Most days pass the ground on my mountain bike near the canal, was wondering what was going on, the outside area of the ground has been fenced off for over a week. Could be bad news for the wigoon rugby fans if Athletic get new owners with the ground, they might put the rent up.
    I wouldn't want to see Wigan go bust, we need someone to hate; but a rent increase and a Wigan a bit strapped for cash, I'd take that.

Got A Replica Shirt

I thought the ground was part of a separate company to stop it being sold off if the club failed. What percentage the football owns of it is another matter.

As for the Pies RL Team, I believe they have a long lease at a decent rent; that's why when they get told to take a home game on the road they just mutter quietly.

What St Leigh said.

I was always under the impression that there was a "Wigan Stadium Company".

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    What St Leigh said.

I was always under the impression that there was a "Wigan Stadium Company".
    There is. It’s called Wigan Football Company Limited.

Got A Season Ticket

But if Wigan Football Company Ltd is 85% owned by Wigan Athletic, and Wigan Athletic enter administration, what would that mean? Would their shares have to be sold off to free up capital?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I wouldn't want to see Wigan go bust, we need someone to hate; but a rent increase and a Wigan a bit strapped for cash, I'd take that.
    I thought they already was a bit strapped, I'm sure our resident bore will tell us otherwise but there you go.

I agree, I don't want them to go to the wall and can't see it personally.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I thought they already was a bit strapped, I'm sure our resident bore will tell us otherwise but there you go.

I agree, I don't want them to go to the wall and can't see it personally.
    I think the worse scenario is them going into the Championship and playing at Orrell, is Uncle Mo still around these days.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Wigan council own 15% of the stadium. Wigan RL have a 50 year agreement to use the stadium at a rate of 10% of their gate receipts. One of the problems Latics have had is that there has been no income at the stadium from anywhere, particularly from the rugby as they have not played there either.
    There is also a covenant on the ground to say it can only be used for football and rugby. However the new owners, whoever that may be could sell the training ground(s) and the soccerdome which are part of the stadium ownership.

I have a feeling that any investors will wait and see if Latics get relegated, when the asking price will be significantly lower. It has Dave Whelan buy low sell high written all over it.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Wigan council own 15% of the stadium. Wigan RL have a 50 year agreement to use the stadium at a rate of 10% of their gate receipts. One of the problems Latics have had is that there has been no income at the stadium from anywhere, particularly from the rugby as they have not played there either.
    There is also a covenant on the ground to say it can only be used for football and rugby. However the new owners, whoever that may be could sell the training ground(s) and the soccerdome which are part of the stadium ownership.

I have a feeling that any investors will wait and see if Latics get relegated, when the asking price will be significantly lower. It has Dave Whelan buy low sell high written all over it.
    10% of gate receipts and no overheads except for carpets, that seems a good deal.

Learning All The Songs

Jim White on TalkSPORT is interviewing one of the Administrators as i type this, he has just said that both the Hong Kong based companies involved in the change of ownership 4 weeks ago are majority owned by the same person, if true, this is completely dodgy and you wonder how it was allowed by the EFL.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I think the worse scenario is them going into the Championship and playing at Orrell, is Uncle Mo still around these days.
    It's all a bit strange, I'm just watching SSN now and they're talking about the football club. From what I can see as far as the Rugby club goes, then Pollard seems pretty committed and as far as their rent goes, it's an income for whoever owns the ground in whatever guise so I doubt they'll be in a rush to kick them out, contractually what they pay, who knows (you don't Brian before you start). It's an uncertain time for lots of businesses and sports clubs are certainly no exception, I certainly can't see the Latics being the last side to go into administration in the near future.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Jim White on TalkSPORT is interviewing one of the Administrators as i type this, he has just said that both the Hong Kong based companies involved in the change of ownership 4 weeks ago are majority owned by the same person, if true, this is completely dodgy and you wonder how it was allowed by the EFL.
    My mate who's a Latics fan was saying the same, how did they get through the ownership tests.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    My mate who's a Latics fan was saying the same, how did they get through the ownership tests.
    It pretty clear the ownership tests are not fit for purpose, Wigan, Charlton and others in recent history have all been sold to entities who somehow pass the ownership tests yet plunge the clubs into further chaos, the two Hong Kong entities in Wigans case and Tahnoon Nimer at Charlton being examples of that. From what it looks like they have to provide proof that they have the funds available to put money in to the club but the tests provide no obligation for them to put the money in, so the clubs fail.

Banned

It pretty clear the ownership tests are not fit for purpose, Wigan, Charlton and others in recent history have all been sold to entities who somehow pass the ownership tests yet plunge the clubs into further chaos, the two Hong Kong entities in Wigans case and Tahnoon Nimer at Charlton being examples of that. From what it looks like they have to provide proof that they have the funds available to put money in to the club but the tests provide no obligation for them to put the money in, so the clubs fail.
    Seems to be the case mate. No doubt Newcastle will end up in a similar mess when these Saudi's eventually manage to pay everyone off.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

The latest rumour suggests that a large bet was placed in the Philippines for Latics to be relegated.

The bet was placed AFTER they beat Stoke on Wednesday but BEFORE they went into administration.

Learning All The Songs

Its the same EFL that allowed my team , Bury FC, to die.

Starting A Programme Collection

The latest rumour suggests that a large bet was placed in the Philippines for Latics to be relegated.

The bet was placed AFTER they beat Stoke on Wednesday but BEFORE they went into administration.
    Wigan involved with something dodgy.? NEVER.

In The South Stand

I've heard the bet was placed by Ian Leneghan. Is that true?

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    I've heard the bet was placed by Ian Leneghan. Is that true?
    Don't know him!! Be wary the spelling police were throwing hissy fits yesterday.

I doubt Ian Lenagan would do it though.

Banned

Don't know him!! Be wary the spelling police were throwing hissy fits yesterday.

Give it a rest Brian you sad ••••ing idiot.

Banned

You arrogant piece of work. You know what you did yesterday. An apology is not in your self centred phoney world is it.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

It's a good job Ian Lenagan resigned his position as EFL chairman a couple of years ago. I dread to think of the conspiracy theories that would have been muted by various factions.

Banned

It's a good job Ian Lenagan resigned his position as EFL chairman a couple of years ago. I dread to think of the conspiracy theories that would have been muted by various factions.
    How long do you think you'd have lasted in WWII Bri? Loose lips and all that. I'd say not very long.

Saying that, I bet you had a few kickings at school for being a snidey big mouth grass, you can't help banging your gums.