Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wigan Athletic -administration-Twitter p

Banned

Pollard now sticking his oar in. They seem very flush all of a sudden.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/foo...fleqCjHzlVSFCI

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Business Insider has a 'breaking news' about 'wi*an worriers-led bid for wi*an athletic'

They're a bit premature. As the article explains, Leneghan has teamed-up with a couple of accountant-type guys to try to bring in other investors with a view to eventually submitting a bid, and have 'made the administrators aware of our interest'
    Just write Wigan, FFS.

Hopefully IL does the business and buys the club, one for all the people involved with Latics but also keeping the Pies in a stadium and keeping them going (as much as it pains me to say given how much we've joked about them not having their own gaff)
    I ate a tuna sandwich on my first day!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheRLStatman View Post
    Wigan Rugby League Club were saddened to hear the news that Wigan Athletic has been placed into administration. Having shared a stadium together for many years and with a large number of fans supporting both clubs, we have become friends with many of the management and staff and we know that this is a very worrying time for them all.
    Being born and bred in Wigan, Ian Lenagan and Gary Speakman understand what both clubs mean to the local community.

We strongly believe that Wigan Athletic is better being locally-owned. As sustainability and ownership of the stadium is equally important to both clubs, we are currently working with our longstanding advisers KPMG and talking to external parties. Our intention is to identify other investors quickly and start due diligence on the football club with the intention of making a bid in due course. We have made the Administrators aware of our interest and hope to explore this with them further over the days ahead.

Wigan Warriors and Wigan Athletic are both local sporting institutions and it is our belief that this is a unique opportunity here to bring the ownership of these two great clubs together under one roof, each operating independently as before, but under a Wigan Sporting Partnership banner.

It is envisaged that each club would retain all its training grounds, management and facilities.

David Molyneux, the Leader of Wigan Council, has confirmed that “Wigan Council would be very supportive of this initiative”.

This initiative is led by Ian Lenagan, Darryl Eales and Gary Speakman.
    Translation: So any potential ‘unlocul’ new owners dont turf us out of what would become their legally owned stadium; or increase our rent.
    How the wombles have fallen on tough times. I assume there eont be any new carpet for a while...

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Translation: So any potential ‘unlocul’ new owners dont turf us out of what would become their legally owned stadium; or increase our rent.
    How the wombles have fallen on tough times. I assume there eont be any new carpet for a while...
    Agreed but they have secured the return of Batsman .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Agreed but they have secured the return of Batsman .
    Question - is he a night watchman Batsman until a new owner is secured?
    #millieslifematters #thanksforcaringRG#intheknow

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by JBT View Post
    Just write Wigan, FFS.

Hopefully IL does the business and buys the club, one for all the people involved with Latics but also keeping the Pies in a stadium and keeping them going (as much as it pains me to say given how much we've joked about them not having their own gaff)
    Agreed and hopefully this new ownership has more class than the previous Latics and gives both clubs equal standing in the stadium and we get internationals back at Wigan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBT View Post
    Just write Wigan, FFS.

Just like you (if your sig is anything to go by), I *-out offensive words.

And wi*an is about as offensive as it gets, being, as it is, full of c*nts.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Agreed and hopefully this new ownership has more class than the previous Latics and gives both clubs equal standing in the stadium and we get internationals back at Wigan.
    Who gives a toss if they get internationals back? Play them in a purpose built stadium not 10 miles away.

Got A Season Ticket

https://www.heraldseries.co.uk/sport...igan-athletic/

Ahead of this becoming a Wigan to the rescue story... The people behind the bid (including Lenaghan - hope that's the right spelling ��) used to own Oxford United. The chance to buy a football club on the cheap may actually be the motive.

& remember our resident apologist used to claim Lenaghan's main interest was rugby despite him owning Oxford & being the Chair of the English Football League (EFL). Would be a shame if Football is still his main interest...

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I'm surprised you don't know, you know everything else.
    Clearly not, otherwise today's news would have been all over redvee yesterday, or perhaps even last year, when it was just a glint in Pollard's eye

Learning All The Songs

Who gives a toss if they get internationals back? Play them in a purpose built stadium not 10 miles away.
    Sorry I make no bones about the lack of rep matches over hear or if they are it is at Bolton ( a pig to get to and from and nothing around it for decent drinks etc).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    Clearly not, otherwise today's news would have been all over redvee yesterday, or perhaps even last year, when it was just a glint in Pollard's eye
    I can't see how the homeless ones can head up a bid to take the Latics over, it's all very strange as there's no way they have that kind of money. As someone mentioned earlier it's most likely a ploy to make sure they keep being able to play at the ground and not get battered on rent. I'm not swallowing all this "we're friends" either, neither club likes each other.

Banned

Sorry I make no bones about the lack of rep matches over hear or if they are it is at Bolton ( a pig to get to and from and nothing around it for decent drinks etc).
    As I said, we should be pushing for them. We'd sell out a RL stadium in a RL town. Those lot made their bed with internationals.

Learning All The Songs

It may be more to do with the lack of rep matches full stop. We have what 3 home games every 2 years and then a world cup every 8. They are a complete afterthought which tend to be marketed as badly as they are planned, such as in 2018 a game being played at a half full Anfield, with zero atmosphere, rather than playing at a stadium they could have filled better, such as the Piedome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Interesting you mention that. Weren't in Cancun or Riviera Maya by any chance were you? Me & the gf would like to go in a couple of years but would like some tips off anyone's who been. If you were out there with work then don't worry

Happy for PM's as to not clog the thread and derail it
    It was Riviera Maya that time.

I would like to reiterate that it is Lenagan led consortium who is interested. We aren't being bought by Wigan RL.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I would like to reiterate that it is Lenagan led consortium who is interested. We aren't being bought by Wigan RL.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    & the money may well becoming from Darryl Eales - who sold Oxford U.

Incidentally he's only been to one RL game - the 2014 GF - so he is aware of Wigan's brand of rugby.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

I guess this will be resurrected very soon.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Yep - with the Spanish Armada rescue burnt in flames somewhere south of Plymouth looks like Leigh Sports Village back on the cards

Got A Season Ticket

Banned

Here, if Pollard can afford to buy a football club, why can't he afford to build a ground?

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Here, if Pollard can afford to buy a football club, why can't he afford to build a ground?
    Why would he want or need to build a ground. The rental costs for the DW in the last published accounts were £241K. How much would it cost to build a new ground?
    Whilst a ground may look good on the balance sheet is it really worth that figure.
    I guess Wigan Athletics plight will tell you. They will be sold soon for around £3 million (including the ground) If they aren't and go into liquidation then the ground will be sold for coppers.

For the sake of the true Latics fans I hope it gets sorted quickly (it will) but some of their fans on social media make you sound like Mother Teresa

Banned

Why would he want or need to build a ground. The rental costs for the DW in the last published accounts were £241K. How much would it cost to build a new ground?
    Whilst a ground may look good on the balance sheet is it really worth that figure.
    I guess Wigan Athletics plight will tell you. They will be sold soon for around £3 million (including the ground) If they aren't and go into liquidation then the ground will be sold for coppers.

For the sake of the true Latics fans I hope it gets sorted quickly (it will) but some of their fans on social media make you sound like Mother Teresa
    What happened to the Latics was strange and out of the ordinary but that's not the point.

From a purely business point of view you're probably right, it makes financial sense but it also means you're beholden to your landlords (wedding gate) and shows a lack of prestige IMO when the "mighty" Wigan are renting a couple of offices in the ground of a struggling football club, that's before you take into account corporate/event and weekday earnings which I appreciate are zero at the moment.

And I do speak a few words of Albanian. Klloun.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

If Lenegan could get the ground for 3m you would think he would be jumping at it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    If Lenegan could get the ground for 3m you would think he would be jumping at it.
    I did think that myself, for that price why wouldn't you unless you were skint?