Jungle Out There Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 41 of 41

Thread: Sky

  1. #26
    Learning All The Songs barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ashton in Makerfield
    Posts
    1,260
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    I think CBS in the States use Faldo because it gives their coverage something other than just Americans blathering on, but he doesn't really add much.

    For any NFL fans here, I'm sure you'd agree that the amount of money CBS are giving Tony Romo should include a few stints commentating on the golf, when he isn't playing it anyway. Every sport should be looking for the next Romo to revolutionalise their TV coverage. I'm not sure RL has anyone out there at the moment.
    Agree 100%, Romo is amazing. Jim Nantz was on the No Laying Up podcast saying as much.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  2. #27
    Learning All The Songs barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ashton in Makerfield
    Posts
    1,260
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Different opinions. I just get fed up of hearing Butch Harmon talk about his father or "when I coached Tiger" atc.
    Thats a really good point.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  3. #28
    Learning All The Songs Noel Cleal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,286
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Voss was out of favour for a while. He came over to do the 2013 world cup and loved it. That was when the calls came for Sky to get him on board. It didnt happen which is a shame.

    Sky seem to be very loyal to their on screen staff. In all sports not just rugby league. This has resulted in a lot of their presentation becoming very stale. They try and move people around to help combat this, Brian Carney to a presenter role has worked well. However in general they are struggling.

    In the end a big clear out is needed.

    Barry and Terry on Rugby League.
    Gary Neville on the football.
    Neil Reynolds on NFL
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

  4. #29
    Starting A Programme Collection undertheradar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    N-L-W
    Posts
    503
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    Voss was out of favour for a while. He came over to do the 2013 world cup and loved it. That was when the calls came for Sky to get him on board. It didnt happen which is a shame.

    Sky seem to be very loyal to their on screen staff. In all sports not just rugby league. This has resulted in a lot of their presentation becoming very stale. They try and move people around to help combat this, Brian Carney to a presenter role has worked well. However in general they are struggling.

    In the end a big clear out is needed.

    Barry and Terry on Rugby League.
    Gary Neville on the football.
    Neil Reynolds on NFL
    Gary Neville is the best pundit on TV. The insight him and Carragher give is second to none.

  5. #30
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    369
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    Gary Neville is the best pundit on TV. The insight him and Carragher give is second to none.
    Now if he had said Jamie Redknapp i would have agreed with him, he is awful.

  6. #31
    Learning All The Songs Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,305
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    Gary Neville is the best pundit on TV. The insight him and Carragher give is second to none.
    Agreed although Carragher was really annoying the other night when the redshite won the league and he was ••••ed, he couldn't have tried to be more scouse.

  7. #32
    Learning All The Songs Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,305
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Rich Beem, Butch and his son are the only Americans I really like. Butch has retired now I think. Ironically Faldo is the absolute worst. Can't stand listening to him.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    I quite like Rich Beem.

  8. #33
    Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Haydock
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,907
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Totally expect a ribbing for this, I quite liked Cullen's breakdown of the game. Sh1thouse of a player but very well spoken for RL commentary.
    [ducks]

  9. #34
    Starting A Programme Collection undertheradar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    N-L-W
    Posts
    503
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Agreed although Carragher was really annoying the other night when the redshite won the league and he was ••••ed, he couldn't have tried to be more scouse.
    Which was to be expected even though he was an Evertonian.

    I couldn’t stand him as a player but his analysis with Neville has raised the bar for punditry.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #35
    Starting A Programme Collection undertheradar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    N-L-W
    Posts
    503
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Now if he had said Jamie Redknapp i would have agreed with him, he is awful.
    Haha, spot on.

    There’s a clip from a few years ago we’re he circled the corner flag and said, ‘that’s the corner flag’.

    Genius.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #36
    Got A Season Ticket sinkers89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Age
    30
    Posts
    259
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I know hes not on Sky sports but you would struggle to find a worse pundit than Michael Owen. Good lord.

  12. #37
    In The South Stand Webbo Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    3,877
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Most of the former footballers sound like they hate the game, Andy Hinchcliffe being the worst culprit.

    Playing for Everton tends to make you hate the game

    I f*cking hate wi*an.

  13. #38
    Learning All The Songs Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,305
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Playing for Everton tends to make you hate the game

    Playing for Liverpool tends to make you think you ARE the game.

  14. #39
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    3,664
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Playing for Liverpool tends to make you think you ARE the game.
    Got a point there
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  15. #40
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Islands Brow
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Agreed although Carragher was really annoying the other night when the redshite won the league and he was ••••ed, he couldn't have tried to be more scouse.
    Is that why you support Saints so you can shout Champions.

  16. #41
    Learning All The Songs Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,305
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SAINTS2411 View Post
    Is that why you support Saints so you can shout Champions.
    That comment is as poor as Mane's haircut, your punctuation and Liverpool's first half performance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •