Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Survey

Banned

Default Survey

Just completed the survey. Worrying times. I as stated previously will write it off. Its not any fault of our club, its just been a complete national/global crisis. I could not imagine this town without Saints, its sadly not the place it was and we need to keep our relevance for generations to come.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Just completed the survey. Worrying times. I as stated previously will write it off. Its not any fault of our club, its just been a complete national/global crisis. I could not imagine this town without Saints, its sadly not the place it was and we need to keep our relevance for generations to come.
    Me too. However I don't believe in any way that all fans should follow suit but if you can afford I'd urge you to do the same. No shame if you can't afford though.

Starting A Programme Collection tongey's Avatar

I’ve donated 2 season tickets to the club. Hope all folks Follow suit if they can afford it. I know some won’t be able to donate cos of Financial restraints and i fully understand. Just have a think and choice wisely. COYS

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

I expressed my concerns over the club's suggestion that those donating would have their names displayed somewhere (on the players shirt was one suggestion).
    Whilst I understand that the club would wish to express thanks, I do feel that this sort of thing could be divisory.

Learning All The Songs

I too have wrote off my season ticket, however I am in a position to do this, I have been paid in full through this and still in a good job. There will be people who aren’t as lucky and will have taken a financial hit over the last few months, so an extra few hundred quid in the refund will be valuable for them.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Donated all 3 season tickets. We have to believe the club crisis is real and anyone who buys a season ticket you would assume is invested enough that the complete failure of the club is not an option.

Obviously any individuals own financial constraints come first however.

Fingers crossed for the club and everyone else who has been financially hit by the crisis.

Take care all.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

I'm sure their must be many season ticket holders like myself who haven't had the email.

Is this just a survey to gauge the opinion of season ticket holders or are they asking for a decision now.

If its the latter I assume they'll write to the season ticket holder's who they can't contact by email.

If it is just a survey it may have been better to put a link to it on the club's website.

Come to think of it I doubt if the club has my address anyway, I've move once or twice since 1958 , i just go the the club each year and renew it

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    I'm sure their must be many season ticket holders like myself who haven't had the email.

Is this just a survey to gauge the opinion of season ticket holders or are they asking for a decision now.

If its the latter I assume they'll write to the season ticket holder's who they can't contact by email.

If it is just a survey it may have been better to put a link to it on the club's website.

Come to think of it I doubt if the club has my address anyway, I've move once or twice since 1958 , i just go the the club each year and renew it
    It did have a personal feel to it and was very much a survey highlighting the current concerns, the options you choose has obvious finance implications to the club. For me I've pretty much written off the season but I have suggested a 10% discount on next years early bird tickets or a heavy discount on the Saints TV.

My biggest concern with all this mass selfish ignorance of social distancing we might get another virus spike by the end of the year and next season will be in jeopardy as well, that would destroy RL being a fully professional sport.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 27th June 2020 at 09:23.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    My biggest concern with all this mass selfish ignorance of social distancing we might get another virus spike by the end of the year and next season will be in jeopardy as well, that would destroy RL being a fully professional sport.
    I totally agree with you 100% there are some idiots about. It's a real worry.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I expressed my concerns over the club's suggestion that those donating would have their names displayed somewhere (on the players shirt was one suggestion).
    Whilst I understand that the club would wish to express thanks, I do feel that this sort of thing could be divisory.
    Yep, agree completely..

If you can afford it, that's fine if not that's fine too..

Maybe look at having a few nights where supporters can have a free three course meal on the club with the players etc. They'd probably make on the night through beers sales anyway, and a nice little thank you

Completed the survey and agreed to donate. Like I suspect many members here, I had to think long and hard, having been made redundant last week.
    I’m not sure the wording on the survey is helpful, not many will want to tick a box that effectively says your actions might ruin the club!
    I would have preferred an option to class this as an investment- maybe a nominal share issue or similar, as again it being a donation makes this seem like a charity donation. I do like the suggestion of a member night with the players, but I suppose the practicality of this will depend on numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scrogger View Post
    Completed the survey and agreed to donate. Like I suspect many members here, I had to think long and hard, having been made redundant last week.
    I’m not sure the wording on the survey is helpful, not many will want to tick a box that effectively says your actions might ruin the club!
    I would have preferred an option to class this as an investment- maybe a nominal share issue or similar, as again it being a donation makes this seem like a charity donation. I do like the suggestion of a member night with the players, but I suppose the practicality of this will depend on numbers.

Sorry to hear about your redundancy. Hope everything works out ok.

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    Sorry to hear about your redundancy. Hope everything works out ok.
    Cheers mate, appreciate that. I’m ok, fortunately I’ve managed well financially so can cope at the moment, getting back to watch live games is what I’m most looking forward to!!

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post

I read somewhere that the club requested members that have not been contacted update their details at Saints.
    Also i would never contemplate asking our club for a refund in their hours of need although in my case being a pensioner the "financial gift" from me wont be anything like the full price pass that most people pay.

Forgot to add the survey states that one will not be held to their online decision and can change their mind later

Learning All The Songs

The ground could easily hold 500 fans with complete social distancing (and some common sense and guidelines)
    I think anyone 'donating' their season ticket to the club should go into a lottery for one of these 500 each home game. Your seat would be allocated according to the social distance guidelines rather than your own season ticket seat.
    I think it would encourage more 'donations' and at least some would get to see a game.
    Seems so obvious I don't know why they are not doing it.

Learning All The Songs

I suppose a few free players evenings would be a nice gesture from the club

I think they needed to put more of an effort into thinking about the incentives. It seems like they’ve put a survey together and thought as they were typing about putting names on a board or T-shirt. If they focussed on putting together some experiences that money usually can’t buy but equally don’t cost the club hugely they might turn a few 2s into 1s..mascot packages where the family also get to sit down for a meal beforehand, player appearances at kids parties, behind the scenes pass on a match night, train with the team for the kids followed by lunch with the players etc...others might be happy with a free pint at each game next season or a year’s worth of Saints TV

Got A Season Ticket

could they not offer them as shares into the club?

Also, my brother in law has an Everton Season ticket and they've offered a mix of option one and two for season ticket holders

1) members donating value of season ticket for games played behind closed doors (100% donation is a lot to ask given people don't know how many games it'll and so early in the season)
    2) credit for the value of games behind closed doors spread across next 3 season tickets (to keep money in club instead of refunds

Banned

Ive not had the email yet but i for one will be making the donation as the club needs our support now more than ever. Personally this club is a huge part of my life and i cant imagine not going the rugby and taking my first child to its first ever rugby game so i for one will be doing what i can to keep this club alive

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRLStatman View Post
    could they not offer them as shares into the club?

Also, my brother in law has an Everton Season ticket and they've offered a mix of option one and two for season ticket holders

1) members donating value of season ticket for games played behind closed doors (100% donation is a lot to ask given people don't know how many games it'll and so early in the season)
    2) credit for the value of games behind closed doors spread across next 3 season tickets (to keep money in club instead of refunds
    If you haven't already done it, why not suggest those options to the club in the free text box within the survey?
    I get the feeling that they will be open to any suggestions, and are just trying to get a feel for what's out there and how fans are reacting.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by 58er View Post
    I read somewhere that the club requested members that have not been contacted update their details at Saints.
    Also i would never contemplate asking our club for a refund in their hours of need although in my case being a pensioner the "financial gift" from me wont be anything like the full price pass that most people pay.
    I go to matches with a mate, he has sent me a copy of the email. Even though it is not in my name I can still do the survey as long as I put my membership number on it.

On that basis maybe someone from the club could consider putting a link to it on here.

I found it annoying to be honest.

People are entitled to a refund plain and simple. They shouldn't be made to feel guilty about asking for it.

If you paid for a carpet from a shop and they didn't deliver it would you let them keep the money?

They should refund the money then if any fans want to give it back as a donation its up to them.

They are running a professional business if they need more funds then they should consider the option of selling shares as already mentioned.

Don't like this begging bowl mentality.

Having said all that I'd most probably go for option 2., it was just the wording of the survey that annoyed me.

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Agree.

The fan who is on low income and needs a refund is just as big a fan as the person who lives in a massive mortgage free house enjoying a good income.

Those who want their names on a wall or shirt are the "I am a better fan than you" brigade.

Putting names on shirts etc will cost the club money. The very thing they are trying to save.
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    I think they needed to put more of an effort into thinking about the incentives. It seems like they’ve put a survey together and thought as they were typing about putting names on a board or T-shirt. If they focussed on putting together some experiences that money usually can’t buy but equally don’t cost the club hugely they might turn a few 2s into 1s..mascot packages where the family also get to sit down for a meal beforehand, player appearances at kids parties, behind the scenes pass on a match night, train with the team for the kids followed by lunch with the players etc...others might be happy with a free pint at each game next season or a year’s worth of Saints TV
    All those things cost money. I would be happy with winning the Grand Final.
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

Banned

We have not got enough season ticket holders to be "I am better than you". I don't think we should get any additional recognition by writing off the cost.

I do however think it wouldn't be a bad idea for next season to think a bit differently. Season ticket + it could be your ticket and two pints every game at a decent alcohol discount to get you in a bit earlier.

But keeping a trophy winning team is the way to keep the crowds at 10K. The worry for me was seeing it drop to 3K many years ago and that was without the football obsessions in cheap pubs.