Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Jammer coming Home?

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Funniest sporting accent ever was 'Dutch phase' Shteve McClaren
    Digressing, in a hotel in Wolfsburg circa 2010 Steve Mclaren was sat eating breakfast as me and some colleagues walked in and he looked up at us and said “No photos, no autographs” without any of us uttering a word.

We walked around the corner into the other side of the restaurant to find Sting sat with 3 of his guys who all said “Good morning gents” and we sat at the table next to him and he asked us if we were there for his concert that evening at the Wolfsburg arena across the way. We weren’t (we were on a VW reward/award junket and we’re at the Ritz-Carlton near the VW factory) but we had a little bit of banter with him (maybe 5 minutes) and I mentioned my wife was a fan and I’d listened and knew a lot of his music, and he asked how many of us there were (10) and he left 10 tickets at reception for us. After the concert we had a beer with him and his entourage in the bar at the Ritz-Carlton and he posed for pictures, signed autographs and gave me his pen (that my wife treasures)

I came to the conclusion that Sting is a thoroughly down to earth chap and Mclaren is a prick.

Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Graham left out of the St.George team for this week’s game. Announcement imminent?
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Graham left out of the St.George team for this week’s game. Announcement imminent?
    All the media here is reporting it as though last week was his last game

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/06/23/...raham-departs/

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Digressing, in a hotel in Wolfsburg circa 2010 Steve Mclaren was sat eating breakfast as me and some colleagues walked in and he looked up at us and said “No photos, no autographs” without any of us uttering a word.

We walked around the corner into the other side of the restaurant to find Sting sat with 3 of his guys who all said “Good morning gents” and we sat at the table next to him and he asked us if we were there for his concert that evening at the Wolfsburg arena across the way. We weren’t (we were on a VW reward/award junket and we’re at the Ritz-Carlton near the VW factory) but we had a little bit of banter with him (maybe 5 minutes) and I mentioned my wife was a fan and I’d listened and knew a lot of his music, and he asked how many of us there were (10) and he left 10 tickets at reception for us. After the concert we had a beer with him and his entourage in the bar at the Ritz-Carlton and he posed for pictures, signed autographs and gave me his pen (that my wife treasures)

I came to the conclusion that Sting is a thoroughly down to earth chap and Mclaren is a prick.

Good story that and a cracking picture.

Learning All The Songs

Learning All The Songs

Any feedback on the his performances this year?? I've not seen any.
    Clearly don't expect the old jammer back.
    But he is gonna be still as good as a lot of other props in super league right??

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGSaint View Post
    But he is gonna be still as good as a lot of other props in super league right??
    He’ll be in the top 5 over here in my opinion. There’s a lot been written about him not being the player he was but he’s still running over 100m a game and getting picked every week.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Learning All The Songs

Was sting about to sing on the roof of the Barbican ?.

Banned

I think McLaren started to believe his own publicity. It's a downward slope from there.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

When someone suggested us signing him a few months back i was dead against it. I still wouldn’t approve of us giving him a long term contract. If rumours are true, he’s coming to finish this year, on a small amount of money just to end his playing career where it all began. Big respect to him. He will do a job for us the rest of this year and it will be great for the youngsters like Lees, Bentley and Knowles. They will look up to Graham and learn a lot about leadership qualities.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by CGSaint View Post
    Only saw his last game and only the second half. Ran his blood to water, made decent metres and tackled everything in sight before being taken off. Didn’t return but maybe to do with it being his last game and the coach saying give me everything for 15-20 mins. I would think he’ll need regular spelling even if just to get his breath back for 5-10 mins

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

A captain on the field who wont get bullied , welcome back the GB captain, 6 months will do for me ,
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    I haven't heard Jammer for a while but Sam Burgess seems to drift between Yorkshire & Aussie accent atm which I find quite funny.
    Aye, cracks me up! There is a great mix of broad, West Yorkshire, with some Aussie bits chucked in there for good measure.

Banned

Should have said "Not interested in photos or an autograph, but have you got a spare brolly?"

Be great to welcome Jammer home for a swansong. From what I have seen from recent games he will do a decent job too.
    His accent is a bit mad but nowhere as bad as Malcolm Reilly when he'd been down under for a spell his was horrendous mix!
    Just hoping we can actually be present at some point when he turns out in the red vee once again!

As other people have said his influence on the younger guys will be invaluable.

Got A Replica Shirt

Thumbs up

As a newbie here from Oz and long time St George follower, I’ve always rated James as as a great player- guts, attitude, influence on his side and just never say die attitude. I’ve seen nothing this year to take away from these talents. Congrats to your Saints for getting him back for his swan-song. I’m divided- part of me is glad big Jimmy is seeing his career out with his first club, but deeply saddened that he’s leaving my Saints. Again, good luck to your boys and hope you have a great season. PS: I remember Dick Huddart at St George, so I’m no new kid on the block 😁

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    He has a cracking job over there when he retires , he put's our 'deadlegs to shame' even though he still talks like a 'scouser' .
    Hiya Roy . you say he has a good job in OZ . What is the job .

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    Not sure if this is what Roy is referring to but Jammer is a regular contributor on the NRL tv shows ( does a good double act with Benji Marshall - perspectives from forward and backs).

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    Media panel for Fox I believe , similar to Barry Mc.

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Media panel for Fox I believe , similar to Barry Mc.
    Can we not send Barrie over there & Jammer take the role here?

Quote Originally Posted by Saintgibbo View Post
    As a newbie here from Oz and long time St George follower, I’ve always rated James as as a great player- guts, attitude, influence on his side and just never say die attitude. I’ve seen nothing this year to take away from these talents. Congrats to your Saints for getting him back for his swan-song. I’m divided- part of me is glad big Jimmy is seeing his career out with his first club, but deeply saddened that he’s leaving my Saints. Again, good luck to your boys and hope you have a great season. PS: I remember Dick Huddart at St George, so I’m no new kid on the block ��
    Welcome on board and thanks for your views.

Banned

As a newbie here from Oz and long time St George follower, I’ve always rated James as as a great player- guts, attitude, influence on his side and just never say die attitude. I’ve seen nothing this year to take away from these talents. Congrats to your Saints for getting him back for his swan-song. I’m divided- part of me is glad big Jimmy is seeing his career out with his first club, but deeply saddened that he’s leaving my Saints. Again, good luck to your boys and hope you have a great season. PS: I remember Dick Huddart at St George, so I’m no new kid on the block ��
    Great to have your comments, Gibbo - and best of luck for your own season

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Can we not send Barrie over there & Jammer take the role here?
    Please !!!!!.

Got A Replica Shirt

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Great to have your comments, Gibbo - and best of luck for your own season
    Thanks for the welcome. Here’s cheers for both teams. 😀

Banned

Thanks for the welcome. Here’s cheers for both teams. ��
    Hello mate, hope you're well. It's good to get some perspective from down under. I'm guessing most on here have a bit of a soft spot for SGI.