Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Jammer coming Home?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Or make it an English Heritage site
    Can’t do, nothings ever happened there and it is of no cultural significance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Ha ha ha. Not even the lifting of the hubcap to make them 'champions'?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    The club have made the best of the situation they have found themselves in. They've got a transfer fee for a player who wanted to leave and it looks like they've found a replacement to do as you've suggested. Well done to the chairman & CEO if they can get a deal done.

Graham is still proving to be good enough to be picked each week in an NRL 17. And I actually thing he would bring something different to the side with his ball playing ability- a halfback in a forwards body, as Andrew Johns famously said of him. Saints have Walmsley, Lees, Ashworth and so on to provide the crash, bang, wallop. Then there's his leadership too.

Jamie peacock, Adrian Morley & Gareth Ellis have all proven that playing in the forwards in your mid and even late 30's can be done, so I wouldn't back against Graham adding his name to the list.

The signing would be a morale boost to the players and for the fans too. A shot in the arm for the season restart.

Regards,

STEVO
    I fully agree with this, I only hope he gets to play in front of a packed house before the season ends. Can't imagine what the atmosphere would be like on the first and last times he runs out in front of a home crowd. I would certainly fly over to have a last look at him in the red vee.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Bit of a factoid, historically in Roman Times it was a place were they scored heaps of clay and animal manure to make funeral urns.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Bit of a factoid, historically in Roman Times it was a place were they scored heaps of clay and animal manure to make funeral urns.
    So it is literally full of crap, sounds about right.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Nothing can be done with Cas's ground until Tony Robinson and Timeteam start the excavation
    Learned comment from The Don

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Castleford very much like St. Helens was built on the glass and coal industries. Cas was the biggest uk bottle producer. Latterly they also had quite a big chemical plant Hickson & Welch which was one of my accounts!!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Castleford very much like St. Helens was built on the glass and coal industries. Cas was the biggest uk bottle producer. Latterly they also had quite a big chemical plant Hickson & Welch which was one of my accounts!!
    I’m going to read this to my 1 year old later. Been struggling to get him to sleep lately.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Learning All The Songs

Actually Castleford was where part of Edward III army crossed the river since the Lancastrains had destroyed the ferry bridge. This all happen in the days before the battle of Towton, the bloodiest day on English soil

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I’m going to read this to my 1 year old later. Been struggling to get him to sleep lately.
    If that fails, just read him a spreadsheet

Banned

Banned

What makes me laugh about you. In your world your a bit of a smart arse and we are all a bit daft, when in reality some of these people would run rings around you. Zeb is retiring a class player and class guy but you don't comment on that thread Mr. Rugby League.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    What makes me laugh about you. In your world your a bit of a smart arse and we are all a bit daft, when in reality some of these people on here would run rings around you. Zeb is retiring a class player and class guy but you don't comment on that thread Mr. Rugby League.

Noooobie

Enjoy watching saints tbqh, where would we all be without each other to have banter with.

Yours archaeologistically

TF

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Fever View Post
    Enjoy watching saints tbqh, where would we all be without each other to have banter with.

Yours archaeologistically

TF
    Good post mate.

Banned

What makes me laugh about you. In your world your a bit of a smart arse and we are all a bit daft, when in reality some of these people would run rings around you. Zeb is retiring a class player and class guy but you don't comment on that thread Mr. Rugby League.
    You're spot on mate.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

With regard to Graham, have Saints actually confirmed this? its been on twitter and facebook as if its a done deal but I can't find it on Saint's site

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    With regard to Graham, have Saints actually confirmed this? its been on twitter and facebook as if its a done deal but I can't find it on Saint's site
    Saints haven’t confirmed it yet but it’s a formality. The St George coach has said today that Graham approached him and asked for a release so he could finish his career at St.Helens.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Fever View Post
    It was not intended to make you ‘bite’ or anyone else for that matter. If you can’t take a neutral observation that is your problem not ours.

The fact is this, saints are on the slide. Your coach is poor, it’s embarrassing for him - he looks lost. When we comprehensively out played you and took 2 points off you before the break it was absolutely appalling to see LMS take the lead in the sheds, in full view of the entire RL World.

Given that your coach is meant to be a tough guy I am surprised he didn’t act.

I like Eamonn. I’m certain he will have been squirming and desperately wishing he’d taken a different path than appointing Kristian Woolf. KW not only looks like desperate dan, his body language is that of complete confusion and you know he doesn’t know what he is doing.

Back to the point. You‘ll win tin pots for the next 2-3 seasons and the next coach will be rebuilding a Cunningham esque squad.

This nothing Club (ha ha ha, super league table toppers by record distance in 2017 lol how very amusing) is the place to be for up and coming young talent and we have the coaching team that EVERY player in the league knows is arguably the best in England. Wait and see.

Dream of jammer? Oh gosh it gets funnier. I seem to recall us paying a fee for Liam Watts a while back. He wipes the floor with James Graham. Simple as that. Oops.

In terms of not being able to produce talent like Thompson, I must put you right on that too. Daryl Clark won man of steel. Did Thompson? No. Point made. What about Westerman...god I can’t be bothered listing names.

You wait and see.

And all lives matter, it is of no credit to you or your forum suggesting the folk of Castleford are beggars. It’s offensive and wrong.

TF

Ps. Not interested in other offensive comments

Good job Daryl Clark won MOS, he single handedly doubled your League silverware tally EVER!

Spot the difference. Us:-

Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

You

picture hosting sites

Even Luke Gale couldn’t wait to get away from your hovel
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Actually Castleford was where part of Edward III army crossed the river since the Lancastrains had destroyed the ferry bridge. This all happen in the days before the battle of Towton, the bloodiest day on English soil
    *pedant alert* Edward IV actually.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

He is one of those people that talks to himself when he wants expert advice.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by West Walian View Post
    *pedant alert* Edward IV actually.
    Actually that isn’t pedantic, it is correcting a glaring inaccuracy on my part thank you

Default Jammer coming Home?

Saints haven’t confirmed it yet but it’s a formality. The St George coach has said today that Graham approached him and asked for a release so he could finish his career at St.Helens.
    It’s not a formality at all. He wants to come and we want him but St George are key to all this. McGregor doesn’t want him to go and he’ll only come if they can find a replacement. The De Belin court case is key also. If it’s thrown out then he’ll be back at the club leaving Graham to come.

It’s not as straightforward as everyone thinks. I think it’s highly likely he will come, I’m just pointing out that there’s reasons why nothing official has been announced.

It’s also definitely only for the rest of this season. There won’t be another year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Reacher; 20th June 2020 at 09:03.

Starting A Programme Collection

Meanwhile back to the title of the thread, reading on the St George fans forum, vast majority of the fans very respectful to Graham but all say sadly that he isn't the same player he used to be, one even says that he hasn't broken a tackle in two years but they all still like him, and wish him well. I just hope that a fresh start in familiar surroundings together with hopefully, the vocal support of the fans will reignite the passion like it did with Anderson and Ward. We've nothing to lose if it is initially just for six months and then perhaps another twelve months if it all goes well