Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jammer coming Home?

If it’s just this season then it’s basically no-lose, especially if it’s right that he’s taken a lower wage to be able to finish up here.

Learning All The Songs

I don't see the point of this for him, why not just see the season out in Australia if he's planning on returning, unless St George want rid.

https://twitter.com/georgeyboy/statu...831902210?s=19

Tweet from George Riley saying something similar. Deal wont be for big money. He just wants to finish his career at Saints. What a man!
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    I was hoping it would include next season as well to be fair. With so many changes happening personnel wise next season, having someone as committed and as demanding as him with the leadership skills that he’s got would have been really beneficial IMO.
    I thought until the end of next season would be about right. Lets hope we can replicate last year to make it worth him coming back.

In The South Stand

Happy that the deal is only till the end of this season, eighteen months would be twelve too long, IMO.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Banned

Default Jammer coming Home?

When this was spoken about the other week I wasn’t sure.

Now I think this could be a superb signing. Granted, he won’t be the same player that left but he’s still better than the majority of props in SL. As others have alluded too, SL these days is about 2 levels below the NRL so he should still do well for us.

Also, I suspect that he will be very motivated to do well and will want to end on a high. Maybe more motivated than the player he’s replacing??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    I don't see the point of this for him, why not just see the season out in Australia if he's planning on returning, unless St George want rid.
    Covid-19?
    Sorry for mentioning the 'C' word', but maybe the current situation has focused his mind on his family over here?
    I know nothing about his family BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Fever View Post
    He’s not good enough for us going forward, certainly is past it.
    At 35 and having played in the toughest league in the world I wouldn’t have him given for £75k of our salary cap.
    If he wanted to play for a club who ain’t getting a sniff at silverware, surely he’d stay in Australia anyway??
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Win, win for me. 6 months, low contract. He's got immense leadership qualities and just wants to finish his career here. He'll give his all and you know what your getting from him. No negatives in this for me. Gives us plenty of time to sort a replacement out and be great influence on Lee's

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

It doesn't surprise me that money isn't a factor for James Graham. This is a guy who offered to take a pay cut at the Bulldogs so they could keep hold of Josh Reynolds. He definitely won't be coming back just for the sentiment. He will think he can add something and help Saints win trophies, otherwise, he wouldn't want to come over. I've said it before, but the standards he will demand from the rest of the team and the respect he'll have from the rest of the team will be just as valuable as to what he will bring on the field. I think it's a fantastic signing by us giving the circumstances.

Banned

Well said St John.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    It will be a mixture of a few things. There are rumours he's one of a few players who have issues with the coach. There are other rumours that the coach is going to be fired and that his replacement is already shaping squad development for this and next season from the shadows. Obviously Jammer won't be part of that planning if he's retiring. There is also the Jack De Belin court case and the rumour is he's likely to get off and St George are likely to want him back and need to make space for that.

There is also the family side of things. He won't have seen his family in months and maybe wants to, whilst sorting anything he's got left here before going back to Australia.

I ask myself why he didn't join us at the start of the year if he wanted a swansong with us, but perhaps we were still hopeful of extending Luke Thompson's contract and had a full squad so couldn't fit him in.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    It doesn't surprise me that money isn't a factor for James Graham. This is a guy who offered to take a pay cut at the Bulldogs so they could keep hold of Josh Reynolds. He definitely won't be coming back just for the sentiment. He will think he can add something and help Saints win trophies, otherwise, he wouldn't want to come over. I've said it before, but the standards he will demand from the rest of the team and the respect he'll have from the rest of the team will be just as valuable as to what he will bring on the field. I think it's a fantastic signing by us giving the circumstances.
    Regarding the Bulldogs. I dont think he ever wanted to leave them either. It was just simply a case of Dragons could offer him a better chance to secure his families future in Aus at the Dragons.

Got to say, the lad has a heart of gold.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    It will be a mixture of a few things. There are rumours he's one of a few players who have issues with the coach. There are other rumours that the coach is going to be fired and that his replacement is already shaping squad development for this and next season from the shadows. Obviously Jammer won't be part of that planning if he's retiring. There is also the Jack De Belin court case and the rumour is he's likely to get off and St George are likely to want him back and need to make space for that.

There is also the family side of things. He won't have seen his family in months and maybe wants to, whilst sorting anything he's got left here before going back to Australia.

I ask myself why he didn't join us at the start of the year if he wanted a swansong with us, but perhaps we were still hopeful of extending Luke Thompson's contract and had a full squad so couldn't fit him in.
    Thompson agreed his contract with the Bulldogs in December 2019.

Banned

I've never heard as many rumours since BANANARAMA. Saddened get a grip.

Learning All The Songs

Is your glass ever half full?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Thompson agreed his contract with the Bulldogs in December 2019.
    You've been a boring know it all for a lot longer than that.

Banned

Rogues Gallery, Boring the RL community since 1934 and with as much in-depth knowledge of academy set ups as Purple Aki and a shagpile or spreadsheet for every occasion in the north stand at rent a stadium.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cyprus View Post
    rogues gallery, boring the rl community since 1934 and with as much in-depth knowledge of academy set ups as purple aki and a shagpile or spreadsheet for every occasion in the north stand at rent a stadium.

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    He obviously wont be the player he was at his best but still capable of doing a job for us for the remainder of this season and maybe the next.
    The club have made the best of the situation they have found themselves in. They've got a transfer fee for a player who wanted to leave and it looks like they've found a replacement to do as you've suggested. Well done to the chairman & CEO if they can get a deal done.

Graham is still proving to be good enough to be picked each week in an NRL 17. And I actually thing he would bring something different to the side with his ball playing ability- a halfback in a forwards body, as Andrew Johns famously said of him. Saints have Walmsley, Lees, Ashworth and so on to provide the crash, bang, wallop. Then there's his leadership too.

Jamie peacock, Adrian Morley & Gareth Ellis have all proven that playing in the forwards in your mid and even late 30's can be done, so I wouldn't back against Graham adding his name to the list.

The signing would be a morale boost to the players and for the fans too. A shot in the arm for the season restart.

Regards,

STEVO

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Is your glass ever half full?
    You didn't even read it did you?

Nothing remotely negative in there at all.

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post

The signing would be a morale boost to the players and for the fans too. A shot in the arm for the season restart.

Only problem is none of us will be there to see it! Would be awesome to see him running out at LP for us again in his first game back with 10,000 of us all shouting him up and him thumping his chest back at us.

Guess we'll just have to shout at the telly instead.

Inspired signing. Can feel the boost it's given everyone after the disappointment of Thompson going, couldn't think of any one better.
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

Got A Season Ticket Budgiezilla's Avatar

Personally (as a Leigh fan) I think this is great news for you guys.

Banned

Fact is Jammer is already a Saints icon and to welcome him back for a swan song at a time of turbulence with everything that’s going on is a master stroke. It suits both the player and the club. If I was a junior member of the squad, let alone an established player, and I’m told that Jammer is returning you can bet I would be doing my very best to get a spot along side him. Nothing is forever, it’s short term so let’s enjoy. What is guaranteed is that every other SL club will feel a little bit deflated that this is happening. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

All Jammers idea this , he desperately wants to finish off with the club who looked after him , soon be on the plane HOME .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would