Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Jammer coming Home?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Agree on Smith. I like him but he needs to make that extra step up over the next 18 months or we’ll have to bring someone in. There’s also Eaves to consider too.

We’ve been ridiculously blessed at 9 over the years and almost taken the position for granted. We’ve basically had the best hooker in the comp every year for the last 25 years nearly (although I admit Clark has probably just about overtaken Roby now). We’ve brought 9s in but only ever to compliment/back up what we had such as Higham, Howarth, Lee. We’ve never had to go out and buy a 1st choice 9 during the Super League era which is ridiculous when you think about it. It’s going to be such a key position for us to sort out one way or the other.
    Smith did well before the season was curbed. One or two games he improved us once Roby had gone off.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    Smith did well before the season was curbed. One or two games he improved us once Roby had gone off.
    Yeah I like him and I think he can kick on further. It’s just a position we’ve always been so strong in that I’m a bit nervous now Roby is coming towards an end in the next 18 months I think.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Yeah I like him and I think he can kick on further. It’s just a position we’ve always been so strong in that I’m a bit nervous now Roby is coming towards an end in the next 18 months I think.
    Personally i cant see roby making it past this season. Sadly i feel this is his last

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    Personally i cant see roby making it past this season. Sadly i feel this is his last
    I think he’ll see his contract out personally. The break has probably done him a favour in that respect.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Smith looked to have broadened out a bit at the start of the season, he looked more like the shape needed for a hooker to me without losing that sharpness he has near the line

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Fever View Post
    That doesn’t make any sense in the context of my original message.

We’re having a brand new stadium built anyway. Gosh...

I like graham as a bloke but many will find it amusing seeing Saints replace the worlds best prop with the worlds oldest. Indeed they’ll laugh at him shuffling along like he did on the granny dance drunken video taken of him all those years ago.

It’s a sign the Saints are falling away even more again.
    I'll bite. We're never going to replace Thompson like for like no matter what the circumstances, there's no one currently available who would come close that wouldn't cost a shit load of money.

I'll believe your tin pot club getting a new ground when I see it but understand this, you're a nothing club, you can only dream of signing players like Graham, producing the likes of Thompson and competing with us. And yes, I'm well aware you beat us, you're in esteemed company there.

Now get back to sitting in a shop doorway with your begging bowl.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

I like graham as a bloke but many will find it amusing seeing Saints replace the worlds best prop with the worlds oldest. Indeed they’ll laugh at him shuffling along like he did on the granny dance drunken video taken of him all those years ago.

You have to read it in the context of supporters of a club that busted a gut building a new stadium during the peak of an economic downturn, only to see our Yorkshire neighbours doing sweet FA...And seemingly still doing sweet FA!

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Someone’s not been watching super league the past few seasons

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

In regards to another prop, rumours of Mulhern seem to have disappeared, if he had signed I would have thought it would be well out by now.

Banned

He’s not good enough for us going forward, certainly is past it.
    At 35 and having played in the toughest league in the world I wouldn’t have him given for £75k of our salary cap.
    Get some inside bogs for 75K or some decent disabled facilities.

Learning All The Songs

You have been talking about a new stadium getting built for the last 20 years, let alone actually building one, whats it going to take, your current shithole getting condemned before you do anything? I have seen burnt out buildings that look better than your place.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Andy Lynch played on until he was around 36 and he never got to the levels of Graham, in Superleague you don't get high intensity games every week which is a regular occurrence in the NRL. If Graham comes off the bench after those first tough 20 mins he will be fine, he has a great skill set like having a half back in the pack and defensively he's still at a high level.

Saints do seem to pull off a good domestic signing when players look as though they are finished, Baloo (Bradford) Fozzard (Hull KR) and Ward (Castleford) gave us good performances.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABAT
    Last edited by STIDDY; 18th June 2020 at 15:09.

Got A Season Ticket

be here within a month, on a two and a half year deal.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Delighted! View Post
    be here within a month, on a two and a half year deal.
    18 months would be a good deal, longer seems a bit too nostalgic to me. Generally speaking though I'd be happy to see him back.

Often last season Thompson and Walmsley would do 20-25 minutes then have nearly an hour off before coming back on at the end. Jammer would be perfectly capable of doing that, but clearly he's not going to be able to go 70+ minutes like Thompson did in the Grand Final. That's where Lees is going to have to step up.

Learning All The Songs

Hilarious coming from a Cas fan, one good season then it all went to sh*t. Graham may well be past his best but he’d still walk into your team ahead of useless plodders like Griffin and Cook. Not that you could afford to pay him anyway.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Hilarious coming from a Cas fan, one good season then it all went to sh*t. Graham may well be past his best but he’d still walk into your team ahead of useless plodders like Griffin and Cook. Not that you could afford to pay him anyway.
    I can't believe the knobhead has come out with that.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby...mpression=true

Gareth Walker reporting it'll be a deal for this season only. A final swansong for Graham before he goes back home to media commitments in Australia. It's a no risk deal for me, makes absolute sense for us given we've lost Thompson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post

Gareth Walker reporting it'll be a deal for this season only. A final swansong for Graham before he goes back home to media commitments in Australia. It's a no risk deal for me, makes absolute sense for us given we've lost Thompson.
    Good deal for us then, we get a replacement for Thompson for the rest of the season then we’re free to sign another NRL prop for 2021 and beyond. Hopefully it won’t be too long before fans are back in.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post

I was hoping it would include next season as well to be fair. With so many changes happening personnel wise next season, having someone as committed and as demanding as him with the leadership skills that he’s got would have been really beneficial IMO.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

That imaginary stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    I was hoping it would include next season as well to be fair. With so many changes happening personnel wise next season, having someone as committed and as demanding as him with the leadership skills that he’s got would have been really beneficial IMO.
    Might be some flexibility in that given a few will be moving on

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    That imaginary stadium
    It may be made out of Lego.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

He obviously wont be the player he was at his best but still capable of doing a job for us for the remainder of this season and maybe the next.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    That imaginary stadium

The Theatre of In-Your-Dreams

Re the 6 month thing, remember that it is more or less a full season that he’ll be here for. At his age that’s spot on. 18 months/2 seasons probably pushing it