Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Jammer coming Home?

Learning All The Songs

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    I told that Reacher chap it was a formality.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Got A Replica Shirt

Very honourable of St George Illawarra to release James so he can see out his career back at St Helens. Hats off to both clubs.

Starting A Programme Collection

Looks like there may be a triple header at Headingly to start the "new" season off, Saints v Catalan, Hull K R v Toronto and Leeds v Huddersfield, August 3rd obviously all games on Sky, being discussed by teams involved as an option to start the season with a bang, if true, for once I don't think we should criticise Leeds as the venue, it will probably be there because of the number of dressing room facilities, which will be necessary for such an event and the easier way Sky can give the season an enhanced start with the t.v crews being able to cover three games in one afternoon/evening, obviously all behind closed doors. I just wonder if the only fully match fit player Graham will be able to play as he's yet to arrive home and will have to go through the quarantine period

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Looks like there may be a triple header at Headingly to start the "new" season off, Saints v Catalan, Hull K R v Toronto and Leeds v Huddersfield, August 3rd obviously all games on Sky, being discussed by teams involved as an option to start the season with a bang, if true, for once I don't think we should criticise Leeds as the venue, it will probably be there because of the number of dressing room facilities, which will be necessary for such an event and the easier way Sky can give the season an enhanced start with the t.v crews being able to cover three games in one afternoon/evening, obviously all behind closed doors. I just wonder if the only fully match fit player Graham will be able to play as he's yet to arrive home and will have to go through the quarantine period
    Yeah, Headingly is a good choice for the reason you mentioned although I think our place, Hull and the Latics ground would also be suitable.

Hopefully Jammer will be home sometime next week, do his 2 weeks and get into training as and when, hopefully he won't lose too much fitness and at least he will be over any jet lag.
    Last edited by Angry Dave; 26th June 2020 at 08:46. Reason: Jammer

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Yeah, Headingly is a good choice for the reason you mentioned although I think our place, Hull and the Latics ground would also be suitable.

Hopefully Jammer will be home sometime next week, do his 2 weeks and get into training as and when, hopefully he won't lose too much fitness and at least he will be over any jet lag.
    Hope your right about Jammer arriving as soon as next week, apparently the choice of grounds is something to do with the proximity of changing rooms, to both sides, although seeing as there is such close bodily contact as soon as they get on the pitch, I don't understand the logic behind that, for instance in the Premiership some opposition sides are getting changed in portacabins away from the main dressing room areas, I presume at Leeds they could use the cricketers dressing rooms, I presume with the new stand there are more facilities, one thing for certain I can't see Castleford or Wakefield being used for a while yet

Banned

Hope your right about Jammer arriving as soon as next week, apparently the choice of grounds is something to do with the proximity of changing rooms, to both sides, although seeing as there is such close bodily contact as soon as they get on the pitch, I don't understand the logic behind that, for instance in the Premiership some opposition sides are getting changed in portacabins away from the main dressing room areas, I presume at Leeds they could use the cricketers dressing rooms, I presume with the new stand there are more facilities, one thing for certain I can't see Castleford or Wakefield being used for a while yet
    I think they're using lounges and board rooms at football grounds. But as you say at Leeds there's the cricket facilities too. While it's warm I can't see the problem players getting changed under the stands at our place if they wanted to keep the teams totally separate but it does defeat the object a bit when they'll be knocking 7 bells out of each other.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Players have to trust each other. So long as they all have negative tests and no symptoms the situation is the same as in the NRL in my view.
    Learned comment from The Don

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Nice video produced by NRL

https://twitter.com/NRL/status/1276390058430349314?s=09

Is it dusty in here?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Saints, I'm fairly sure, have two sets of dressing rooms off the tunnel area - the second set used by the Academy sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Saints, I'm fairly sure, have two sets of dressing rooms off the tunnel area - the second set used by the Academy sides.
    Correct

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Don''t Wakey already have portacabins

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Don''t Wakey already have portacabins
    Yeah, just not much else.

In The South Stand

Based on the announcement today and Saints email about all the games this season being behind closed doors, we're not going to be able to see Graham play for us in person.

Makes me very sad that. When you look at the idiots protesting about BLM, the EDL, the idiots on the beaches and the idiots 'celebrating' Liverpool's title win, it really annoys me that we can't have sport back. It seems one of the least risky activities for people these days.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Based on the announcement today and Saints email about all the games this season being behind closed doors, we're not going to be able to see Graham play for us in person.

Makes me very sad that. When you look at the idiots protesting about BLM, the EDL, the idiots on the beaches and the idiots 'celebrating' Liverpool's title win, it really annoys me that we can't have sport back. It seems one of the least risky activities for people these days.
    You’ve just completely made that up. The email literally says ‘We remain hopeful that fans will be able to attend the Totally Wicked Stadium for games later in the calendar year’. How you’ve taken that as we’re not going to be able to see Graham play, I don’t know. Football clubs are exploring the possibility of getting large crowds back from August so it hopefully won’t be that long before small crowds are allowed.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    You’ve just completely made that up. The email literally says ‘We remain hopeful that fans will be able to attend the Totally Wicked Stadium for games later in the calendar year’. How you’ve taken that as we’re not going to be able to see Graham play, I don’t know. Football clubs are exploring the possibility of getting large crowds back from August so it hopefully won’t be that long before small crowds are allowed.
    Haha. Maybe I have. It was the Super League email I read and it says 'the season will recommence behind closed doors'. I read that as the season will be finished behind closed doors.

My mistake. As you were.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saintgibbo View Post
    Very honourable of St George Illawarra to release James so he can see out his career back at St Helens. Hats off to both clubs.
    Haven’t they released him to make room for Jack De-bell-end because they are expecting the rape charges to collapse?
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Yeah, just not much else.
    Benidorm flats!!!

Got A Replica Shirt

Jack De Belin won’t be playing with St Ill this season. The case drags on. James G has no part in this scenario. If you’re taking the ••••- way off the mark!!!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2020/06/3...rns-to-saints/

It's officially done, he's coming home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2020/06/3...rns-to-saints/

It's officially done, he's coming home!
    This is the best signing Ive seen in years, it's got everyone just so excited! He's one of those players that will rally the team and lift them just by being there, OMG I just hope we get to watch at least one game, there'll be fighting for tickets!

Learning All The Songs

It seems to be talk about him finishing this year
    I hope he still has enough in the tank for more... He will be a positive influence just being around the lads.

The big red machine is back ��

Welcome home James. Hope your as effective now as you were before you left us lad. Hopefully you can pass on your wealth of experience to the rest.

Starting A Programme Collection greggo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    Welcome home James. Hope your as effective now as you were before you left us lad. Hopefully you can pass on your wealth of experience to the rest.
    I, ll bet the goons wish they had him

Quote Originally Posted by CGSaint View Post
    It seems to be talk about him finishing this year
    I hope he still has enough in the tank for more... He will be a positive influence just being around the lads.

The big red machine is back ��
    I think he’s already got a media job lined up for next season, so we’ll probably have to make do with this year.

I’m made up with this. If he got to lift the trophy at the end of his career it would perfect after a lot of years of being so close.