Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Jammer coming Home?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I think he’s already got a media job lined up for next season, so we’ll probably have to make do with this year.

I’m made up with this. If he got to lift the trophy at the end of his career it would perfect after a lot of years of being so close.
    It would be nice. But back to reality, we're a million miles away from winning anything. We were getting pasted by the better teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    It would be nice. But back to reality, we're a million miles away from winning anything. We were getting pasted by the better teams.
    We have looked rubbish in the first five or six games, but five or six games is all it is, and after effectively a second off season we could be looking at a completely different distribution of form in the league when things get started again.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    Welcome home James. Hope your as effective now as you were before you left us lad. Hopefully you can pass on your wealth of experience to the rest.
    Doubt he will be at his best, but still as good as any in SL. Don't remember being so excited about a signing, especially an ex player. Pity it is only half a season. I think in SL he would have been good for another season. Him lifting a trophy at the end would be a fairy tale finish. Welcome home.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Behave yourself mate haha.

We win our game in hand we are 2 points off the top. We’ve played 6 games and at different times we’ve been without Coote, Makinson, Percival, Grace, Walmsley, Roby, Knowles. We’ve had the disruption of the Sydney game and we’ve got a new coach bedding in.

I wouldn’t swap our squad (coach included) for any other in SL and if I had to bet my mortgage on who’d be champions in 2020 it would be us.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Got A Season Ticket

Interesting that in the Saints podcast interview he says the original conversations were about him coming back for the 2021 season. Then Wello asked if he'd come over this season. He then goes on to say something along the lines of "I don't want to talk about next year, I don't want to start making promises I can't keep. I'm gonna go all in this season for Saints this year and not worry about next".

Sounds like if he has a good year he may consider another 12 months. Conversely, if he struggles and isn't playing as well as he would like he might knock it on the head after this year.

Seems quite a sensible approach from club and player alike

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVonEagle View Post
    Interesting that in the Saints podcast interview he says the original conversations were about him coming back for the 2021 season. Then Wello asked if he'd come over this season. He then goes on to say something along the lines of "I don't want to talk about next year, I don't want to start making promises I can't keep. I'm gonna go all in this season for Saints this year and not worry about next".

Sounds like if he has a good year he may consider another 12 months. Conversely, if he struggles and isn't playing as well as he would like he might knock it on the head after this year.

Seems quite a sensible approach from club and player alike

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    They were my exact thoughts too as I was listening. It sounds like he’s not ruling anything out but only has his focus on giving 100% this year for now. Win win situation really.

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    They were my exact thoughts too as I was listening. It sounds like he’s not ruling anything out but only has his focus on giving 100% this year for now. Win win situation really.
    I think that's just PR for the fans. My understanding is that he won't be playing next season. 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    I think that's just PR for the fans. My understanding is that he won't be playing next season. 100%
    I don’t think he’s the type personally to feed bull to the fans. He’s normally a pretty honest person.

https://www.totalrl.com/james-graham...irement-plans/

I think it’s likely he will retire but if he comes over and has a new lease of life and there’s space on the cap for him to go round again in 2021 I wouldn’t rule it out.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

I assume he has a life that he loves down there, and a future career that he is looking forward to pursuing in 2021 and beyond. This is a farewell, a swansong for 3-4 months, then off he goes, which is fair enough because he didn't need to ever come back.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Short term contract , working in the media for fox sports next year.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Got A Replica Shirt

I know absolutely nothing of his working in the media. Media talk here is that he wants to be back “home” by 21st Jan so one of his children can start school. Again, media talk. The first story I heard was that he would play on at St H in 2021. There’s been no dip in his form here: I keep hearing about his legs!!! I’ve watched him this year and he’s still hitting it up with gusto. Only time will tell.

I don’t think he’s the type personally to feed bull to the fans. He’s normally a pretty honest person.

I think it’s likely he will retire but if he comes over and has a new lease of life and there’s space on the cap for him to go round again in 2021 I wouldn’t rule it out.
    I agree. I think he will test the water this season to see if he can compete and see how he feels about being back at Saints. If he feels he wants another go (as you are a longtime retired) and he gets on with KW etc he might stay.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Learning All The Songs

My Understanding we have signed Robbie Mulhern from Hull KR for next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    My Understanding we have signed Robbie Mulhern from Hull KR for next year?
    That was the rumour a few months ago but heard nothing for a while on that one.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saintgibbo View Post
    I know absolutely nothing of his working in the media. Media talk here is that he wants to be back “home” by 21st Jan so one of his children can start school. Again, media talk. The first story I heard was that he would play on at St H in 2021. There’s been no dip in his form here: I keep hearing about his legs!!! I’ve watched him this year and he’s still hitting it up with gusto. Only time will tell.

I love these posts.

Learning All The Songs

That interview sounds like he is happy to go again in 2021, barring any major injuries.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Short term contract , working in the media for fox sports next year.
    Surely any contract like that would be dependent on him retiring? You would assume there is a break-clause if he decides to continue?

Learning All The Songs

Just talking about us winning, the way we were playing..
    Gotta say my instinct is Wolfe isn't the right man to have replaced JH.. I know that's silly seeing as I have absolutely no inside knowledge etc.. He just seems like the type of guy that would do better at Wigan

For those who subscribe to Watch NRL, Fox League have just done a 25 minute interview with him looking back on his career. Good watch. Yvonne Sampson is a very good interviewer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting A Programme Collection

I'm looking forward to Jammer coming home. I thin he'll give us a lift! I'm not sure on his level of performance - I'm open to see what it is... it's more about his passion, determination, leadership. I hope he gels quickly and gives us that lift for the season.

How he gets on with Woolf is an interesting one. All murmurs so far says they seems okay with each other - and i think that relationship (along with the feeling in camp between players, coach and staff) will be crucial to a renewed Saints season.

I'm not sure on Woolf as coach yet - I'm still willing to give him time to settle in. I don't like the early signs of the adjustment to style of play - but maybe it will reap rewards later down the line. One thing that I believe Holbrook did very well was not try to change us too much - he build on what was there rather than tried to change it. I remember him coming in and he said... just enjoy playing again. I think Woolf could do well to learn from that and build on what's already there... not to stifle the play in building new systems and structures... but doing ot gradually. I think fans and players like to see success early on. The lack of flair, style, freedom and results - hasn't done him any favours. I think he could be a good coach for us - just whilst rebuilding for future success - i think it helps to not try to start from scratch and learn how to build on the go.

I hope and have a feeling Graham could be a good catalyst and voice of leadership from within the playing group and a bridge for the coaching staff too.

Welcome home Jammer! When does he arrive - or has he already?

QUOTE=St. Christopher;793944]I'm looking forward to Jammer coming home. I thin he'll give us a lift! I'm not sure on his level of performance - I'm open to see what it is... it's more about his passion, determination, leadership. I hope he gels quickly and gives us that lift for the season.

How he gets on with Woolf is an interesting one. All murmurs so far says they seems okay with each other - and i think that relationship (along with the feeling in camp between players, coach and staff) will be crucial to a renewed Saints season.

I'm not sure on Woolf as coach yet - I'm still willing to give him time to settle in. I don't like the early signs of the adjustment to style of play - but maybe it will reap rewards later down the line. One thing that I believe Holbrook did very well was not try to change us too much - he build on what was there rather than tried to change it. I remember him coming in and he said... just enjoy playing again. I think Woolf could do well to learn from that and build on what's already there... not to stifle the play in building new systems and structures... but doing ot gradually. I think fans and players like to see success early on. The lack of flair, style, freedom and results - hasn't done him any favours. I think he could be a good coach for us - just whilst rebuilding for future success - i think it helps to not try to start from scratch and learn how to build on the go.

I hope and have a feeling Graham could be a good catalyst and voice of leadership from within the playing group and a bridge for the coaching staff too.

Welcome home Jammer! When does he arrive - or has he already?[/QUOTE]
    He is here take a look at this
    https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/18573069.james-graham-excited-play-st-helens-nrl-return/

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/...ns-nrl-return/

Blimey, hope that's not his club vehicle.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/...ns-nrl-return/

Blimey, hope that's not his club vehicle.
    Mossys old pad .

Looking at Grahams performance today it's now obvious that he was great signing and his leadership qualities was there for all to see and his commentary wasn't bad either, cant wait for the Warrington match let's see if they fancy thier chances down the middle, cause this lad will love it and wont be bullied, see one or two pearly posters could be eating thier words with thier doubts on him coming HOME.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Looking at Grahams performance today it's now obvious that he was great signing and his leadership qualities was there for all to see and his commentary wasn't bad either, cant wait for the Warrington match let's see if they fancy thier chances down the middle, cause this lad will love it and wont be bullied, see one or two pearly posters could be eating thier words with thier doubts on him coming HOME.
    He really is an inspiration to those around him. My ONLY concern about having Jammer back is him telling our lads, who are being looked at by the NRL, what a great life they could have in Oz.