Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: John Asiata

Learning All The Songs

Default John Asiata

Tongan Prop comes available will Woolfy go for him? (he don't look that big)

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Played more at half back than prop last year but reverted back to front row this season. More of a utility than an out and out prop. Not sure I’d be that keen on this one.

Where has it been announced he’s available?
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Played more at half back than prop last year but reverted back to front row this season. More of a utility than an out and out prop. Not sure I’d be that keen on this one.

Where has it been announced he’s available?
    I don't really know much about him, but utility from prop to half and back is certainly unique. Wonder if he could replace Paulo our ball playing, non-playing forward?

In The South Stand

I know nothing about him and he looks tiny, but he's played an average of 22 games a season for North Queensland Cowboys and every game in 2017 when they reached the Grand Final, so he can't be a complete mug.

He looks comparable to Tuimoala Lolohea in stature, but according to his stats he's on 2kg lighter than Luke Thompson and the same weight as Louie.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I don't really know much about him, but utility from prop to half and back is certainly unique. Wonder if he could replace Paulo our ball playing, non-playing forward?
    Possibly. This link shows his versatility:

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/p...positions.html

And as you can see from this one he’s a regular for NQ Cowboys:

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/pl...a/summary.html

He’s only 27 so could have his best years ahead of him. But apart from the obvious link with Woolf I’ve not seen anything to suggest he’s on our radar.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The South Stand

When and why is he available ?

Banned

Sounds like another Paulo to me.

Starting A Programme Collection greggo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    I know nothing about him and he looks tiny, but he's played an average of 22 games a season for North Queensland Cowboys and every game in 2017 when they reached the Grand Final, so he can't be a complete mug.

He looks comparable to Tuimoala Lolohea in stature, but according to his stats he's on 2kg lighter than Luke Thompson and the same weight as Louie.
    I hope we get this lad

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Sounds like another Paulo to me.
    it's not a bad comparison, but he seems to average more minutes per game than Paulo did in the NRL and he's been in the starting side for the last couple of years

IIRC his last game for Tonga was in the halves and had a bit of a mare defensively.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Banned

Personally id be pushing for tamou as our top target and then if ashworth and costello do leave id look to signing another back as cover in depth as if we get 1 injury were down to kids with little to no experiance

Starting A Programme Collection HoofeHearted's Avatar
    Phil Vievers...Balls...Joan Collins...Try...Orgasmic... RH the living legend.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    Personally id be pushing for tamou as our top target and then if ashworth and costello do leave id look to signing another back as cover in depth as if we get 1 injury were down to kids with little to no experiance
    That would be my preference because we need an out and out prop and Tamou fits that bill. For cover in the backline we have Welsby, Simm and Dodd but not all at the same time, Joel Thompson has had a lot of games at centre as well. Ashworth would have to improve quickly similar to what Luke Thompson did a few years ago, if he doesn't do that this season then he's gone.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by HoofeHearted View Post
    Anyone know anything about Corey Jensen, the other name mentioned in the article, he would seem the right age for what we need, a prop in his mid 20s, the worrying thing is he has barely played in the last 18 months, 6 games in total.