Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Mike Rush's Message to all Saints

Default Mike Rush's Message to all Saints

I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Learning All The Songs

Thanks' for your kind words Mike but please have a word with Mr Woolf and tell him how Justin had us playing an entertaining game of attacking rugby and can he bring this back please? Thanks Rommel.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

The interesting bit is the clubs submission in planning to play in front of smaller crowds, if the government reduce the 2 metres to 1 metre then they should be able to get the planning approved.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

The optimist in me is glad to see something coming from the club and I applaud the community work going on behind the scenes, but the sceptic in me wonders if this is a way of saying everyone but Thommo was willing to take a pay cut. It's just that after Eamonn getting some criticism, the timing of this letter seems a bit coincidental.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    The optimist in me is glad to see something coming from the club and I applaud the community work going on behind the scenes, but the sceptic in me wonders if this is a way of saying everyone but Thommo was willing to take a pay cut. It's just that after Eamonn getting some criticism, the timing of this letter seems a bit coincidental.
    I don't think so Ian Lenagan posted something very similar to Wigan fans yesterday.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    The interesting bit is the clubs submission in planning to play in front of smaller crowds, if the government reduce the 2 metres to 1 metre then they should be able to get the planning approved.
    So Huddersfield would have the chance to play infront of bigger crowds then?

Learning All The Songs

While this is very welcome, any communication from the club is long overdue. I would ask why it's taken twelve weeks to inform us of the situation. Surely we could have had a couple of holding letters before now. And while players have contacted senior season ticket holders, I wonder why Mrs Maghullsaint, a disabled season ticket holder, has not been contacted. I know I'm nitpicking here, but I think they could have been seen to be doing more.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    So Huddersfield would have the chance to play infront of bigger crowds then?
    They might struggle with that one, if they see a queue at the turnstiles they might think there is a soccer match on.

Banned

Notwithstanding what RG posted why has Big Mac much to fear? I dare say he was on the right side of the moral argument regarding Luke Thompson even ignoring the lily livered stuff from some wall flowers that the club should be more ‘profeshunul’

Learning All The Songs

Lenagan has pumped £500k into Wigan during the current crisis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by maghullsaint View Post
    While this is very welcome, any communication from the club is long overdue. I would ask why it's taken twelve weeks to inform us of the situation. Surely we could have had a couple of holding letters before now. And while players have contacted senior season ticket holders, I wonder why Mrs Maghullsaint, a disabled season ticket holder, has not been contacted. I know I'm nitpicking here, but I think they could have been seen to be doing more.
    You mean you've taken the hump because your missus didn't get a phone call while the club was trying to stay in business.

Learning All The Songs

Not that so much, but it was just that we heard that players were ringing senior citizens, and she would have liked to have had a call as well. And it was the playing staff who were making the calls, so I doubt there was much they could have done to keep the club in business other than staying fit, but you might know better.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by maghullsaint View Post
    Not that so much, but it was just that we heard that players were ringing senior citizens, and she would have liked to have had a call as well. And it was the playing staff who were making the calls, so I doubt there was much they could have done to keep the club in business other than staying fit, but you might know better.
    I've no idea. Sorry for being an arse, it did sound a bit like you were nitpicking but I thought the same about my Dad to be honest.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    Lenagan has pumped £500k into Wigan during the current crisis
    That bloody shag pile with the luxury underlay, it was always going to bite them on the arsenal.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Notwithstanding what RG posted why has Big Mac much to fear? I dare say he was on the right side of the moral argument regarding Luke Thompson even ignoring the lily livered stuff from some wall flowers that the club should be more ‘profeshunul’
    I don't think he has anything to fear, and I didn't particularly have any problem with his statement re Thompson leaving. It was just the cynic in me wondering if the timing was a PR exercise, due to the fact that some supporters took offence at his statement.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

I don't think he has anything to fear, and I didn't particularly have any problem with his statement re Thompson leaving. It was just the cynic in me wondering if the timing was a PR exercise, due to the fact that some supporters took offence at his statement.
    Rush read EM's statement and hit the "damage control" button thats on his desk.

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    Rush read EM's statement and hit the "damage control" button thats on his desk.
    His statement may have been out of order in some people's eyes but I can completely understand where EM is coming from. Since 2002 he has worked none stop investing time and money to keep Saints going. You could say the last 2 years, he was finally bearing the fruits of his labour. We had a great squad, were starting to make a profit off the field and when Coleman chose to move his loans into equity within the club, we were really about to kick on. Then comes corona and all the money the club has lost especially with the Little Mix concert and other off the field events. There must have been plenty of times he's thought, 'Why do I even bother?' All Eamon cares about is St. Helens and for him, the best option for the club would have been, Thompson takes the pay cut, sees out his contract, and helps Sats win the CC or GF or maybe even both. It didn't happen so he took the next best option.

I am not the biggest fan of Rush but at least he has taken the time to address the fans. He has actually inform us of a lot of what is going on and what us as fans can do to help i.e. buy from the club shop.

This is so much better than the RFL and SLE, Rimmer and Elstone have written a few press releases and said absolutely nothing. Rimmer has actually lied a few times, stating that the Ashes would be "difficult to deliver" a month after the ARL scheduled Origin in the calendar instead of it.

The non-cancellation of the Ashes has been mainly down to a desire not to give refunds. Given that we seem to struggle to get big event sold out in advance this hardly does a lot to make us, the RFLs customers, have confidence to buy tickets in advance in the future, given our ticket money is currently been held hostage.

If Rimmer takes the same approach as Rush and be upfront and honest about the the situation i.e. the RFL can't afford to give out on mass refunds, but is willing to give us good offers on 2021 world cup tickets instead, for example. Then Rugby League fans will get on board.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    The non-cancellation of the Ashes has been mainly down to a desire not to give refunds.
    If Rimmer takes the same approach as Rush and be upfront and honest about the the situation i.e. the RFL can't afford to give out on mass refunds, but is willing to give us good offers on 2021 world cup tickets instead, for example. Then Rugby League fans will get on board.
    I'm confused. The Ashes series has been officially cancelled and all fans are eligible to a refund, or a credit for any RL event including the RLWC if they want. I'm not sure how much clearer you want them to be?