Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Joel Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    I didn't realise you knew so much about academy rugby. I presume you mean James McDonnell and Harry Rushton. Congratulations I'm well impressed.
    Hardly good news for Wigan. If they're any good, they'll be at your parent club based in Australia's capital in a few years

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Hardly good news for Wigan. If they're any good, they'll be at your parent club based in Australia's capital in a few years
    Hopefully we'll have found and developed another couple by then, that's how it's worked for the past ten years or so. When we don't is the time to worry or bring in a few 30 odd year NRL players

Ethan Havard is in big demand, I just hope we can get him to sign a three or four year deal, Melbourne have been after him for at least two years.

Hopefully we'll have found and developed another couple by then, that's how it's worked for the past ten years or so. When we don't is the time to worry or bring in a few 30 odd year NRL players

Ethan Havard is in big demand, I just hope we can get him to sign a three or four year deal, Melbourne have been after him for at least two years.
    So losing Williams & Sutton was good business then along with Bateman who under Wane, became a top, top player after coming through at Bradford?

I guarantee you no youngster coming through now will be as good as Bateman

Default Joel Thompson

Watched Manly this morning. Thompson unspectacular but effective. Carries the ball hard and helped create some overlaps with his off-the-ball running.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Watched Manly this morning. Thompson unspectacular but effective. Carries the ball hard and helped create some overlaps with his off-the-ball running.
    He certainly seems solid enough. Puts a shift in. Can't see super league posing much of a problem for him

Banned

Morning Steptoe. Soon be time to get excited again eyeing the new young talent.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

He certainly seems solid enough. Puts a shift in. Can't see super league posing much of a problem for him
    I've kept an eye on Manly's last few games and watched him (knowing very little before we were linked) and he looks good. Very solid with and without the ball, good awareness of the game and creating space for others with his line running. I think he'll do very well for us next year. Taia is a loss but we've got a good replacement in Thompson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    I've kept an eye on Manly's last few games and watched him (knowing very little before we were linked) and he looks good. Very solid with and without the ball, good awareness of the game and creating space for others with his line running. I think he'll do very well for us next year. Taia is a loss but we've got a good replacement in Thompson.
    Yeah agree there pal. Without being disrespectful in any way to him, would you say he's a 'typical' NRL back rower?

I'm pretty pleased with the signing & he is well liked by the Manly supporters

Learning All The Songs

Would you have Tommy Turbo as our full back over Coote?

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Would you have Tommy Turbo as our full back over Coote?
    Only if everyone promised to stop calling him Tommy Turbo. It sounds like a euphemism.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Only if everyone promised to stop calling him Tommy Turbo. It sounds like a euphemism.
    ...too much of a troublesome hamstring. On his day though, he is world class.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    ...too much of a troublesome hamstring. On his day though, he is world class.
    Yep reminds me of the Warrington Superstar Greg Inglis in his prime.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Well, looks like your couple of years has condensed to more like a couple of days. https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rug...ng-nrl-2892161

Banned

Before Steptoe comes on to educate us! This is wrong in all contexts. If the Aussies wish to kill our game then that is more than sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    Well, looks like your couple of years has condensed to more like a couple of days. https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rug...ng-nrl-2892161
    Ha ha ha ha. Ooops

Banned

I don't think we will be able to stop this, now the gap between the two competitions is so vast but this loop hole needs closing:

Frustratingly for Wigan, they would not receive a fee if Rushton joined the Raiders – but would if he left for a Super League rival.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Before Steptoe comes on to educate us! This is wrong in all contexts. If the Aussies wish to kill our game then that is more than sad.
    Oh I agree. It's a huge problem.

Learning All The Songs

The letter released by the Wigan owner the other day paints a very bleak picture indeed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    The letter released by the Wigan owner the other day paints a very bleak picture indeed.
    Do you have a link for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Do you have a link for it?
    I assume that this is what Oberon referred to

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2020/...-the-chairman/

WARNING! PIE EATER!

As you know S_C I've already had my say on RL fans yesterday

https://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=629241

For those of you who don't use RL fans.

Nicky Kiss posted
    "Losing Rushton would be a huge shame. He looks a terrific prospect. At only 18/19 he’s already a big lad but is athletic and a real dynamic runner of a ball. The prospects of starting to lose kids like Rushton and Havard worries me far more than losing established players. The club gets nothing out of these types of losses."

I replied
    "I agree. It's never bothered me losing players who have played five or more years in the 1st team if we get a decent fee for them, but we should be keeping the likes of Havard, Rushton and McDonnell."

I also mentioned.
    "It's happened before with Saints and Leeds. Saints lost Levy Nzoungou and Andre Savelio, Leeds with Mason Tonks and Jordan Baldwinson.
    None of them really made it over there which should be a warning to most young players."

Other posters picked up on this and mentioned Matty Russell, Keith Mason and Ian Sibbitt.

Quote Originally Posted by volls_dad View Post
    I assume that this is what Oberon referred to

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2020/...-the-chairman/
    Not good, you feel all the club Chairmen are feeling it right now.

Wakefield have even more trouble to deal with...

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...d-deal-2891995
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

Nicky Kiss posted
    "Losing Rushton would be a huge shame. He looks a terrific prospect. At only 18/19 he’s already a big lad but is athletic and a real dynamic runner of a ball. The prospects of starting to lose kids like Rushton and Havard worries me far more than losing established players. The club gets nothing out of these types of losses."

I replied
    "I agree. It's never bothered me losing players who have played five or more years in the 1st team if we get a decent fee for them, but we should be keeping the likes of Havard, Rushton and McDonnell."

I also mentioned.
    "It's happened before with Saints and Leeds. Saints lost Levy Nzoungou and Andre Savelio, Leeds with Mason Tonks and Jordan Baldwinson.
    None of them really made it over there which should be a warning to most young players."

Other posters picked up on this and mentioned Matty Russell, Keith Mason and Ian Sibbitt.
    I don't think we lost them as much as let them go, Levy didn't shine after the first full length try and Savelio is known as thinking he is better than his ability,

Banned

Nicky Kiss posted

I replied

I also mentioned.

Must be a difficult time for you. All those rainy days watching youngsters and not even getting them to the bulging bicep stage. The future isn't purple.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    Not good, you feel all the club Chairmen are feeling it right now.

Wakefield have even more trouble to deal with...

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...d-deal-2891995
    Dear me Noel I really hope that the Wakefield "business" is ok. There are some very good people there who bleed RL I'd hate to see them go under.