Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Social Distancing at Saints - A solution

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

I suspect no crowds until there is a vaccine or no new cases
    Learned comment from The Don

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    I suspect no crowds until there is a vaccine or no new cases
    I think the benchmark for proper crowds is when the govt move us down to 2 on that 1-5 scale they have, which will hopefully be in the Autumn.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    I think the benchmark for proper crowds is when the govt move us down to 2 on that 1-5 scale they have, which will hopefully be in the Autumn.
    Think that's about right..

I think that's why we haven't looked at returning just yet, and want to have as many fixtures with crowds for obviously reasons. Although they could start doing a bit of group fitness, ball work at the moment.

It'll be interesting to see when the players return their sizes as you would presume most don't have home gyms

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Think that's about right..

I think that's why we haven't looked at returning just yet, and want to have as many fixtures with crowds for obviously reasons. Although they could start doing a bit of group fitness, ball work at the moment.

It'll be interesting to see when the players return their sizes as you would presume most don't have home gyms
    I've seen bot LMS and Coote in the past week or so, both looked in good condition.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Given this government has been totally ignoring the scale since soon after introducing it, and lifting restrictions before they said they would, I wouldn't put any faith in it dictating when further lifting will take place. Money is the driver here, not lives.

We are told that outside activities i.e. watching live sport are far safer than indoor activities (bars/restaurants) so that might give us some hope? Obvious problems for food/toilet/ hospitality boxes though.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Every time I’ve been on social media etc over the last week especially, pretty much all the trends I’ve seen have been pictures/videos of different large gatherings across the country. I’m far from an expert on it and there’s plenty on here who know more about the virus and the implications etc than me but I do worry that the cases will go up again.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    Every time I’ve been on social media etc over the last week especially, pretty much all the trends I’ve seen have been pictures/videos of different large gatherings across the country. I’m far from an expert on it and there’s plenty on here who know more about the virus and the implications etc than me but I do worry that the cases will go up again.

Hospital admissions have begun to climb again the past couple of days - tying into the timescale for new infections caused by the flagshagging dickheadery of those stupid VE Day commemorative p*ss-ups. They might have started off social distancing but, once the alcohol kicked in, it seemed to be a case of 'bollocks to social distancing'. All encouraged by figures in the government, no doubt part of the nationalism agenda that's been being peddled for the past few years.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Hospital admissions have begun to climb again the past couple of days - tying into the timescale for new infections caused by the flagshagging dickheadery of those stupid VE Day commemorative p*ss-ups. They might have started off social distancing but, once the alcohol kicked in, it seemed to be a case of 'bollocks to social distancing'. All encouraged by figures in the government, no doubt part of the nationalism agenda that's been being peddled for the past few years.

And with scum like these, and the scrotey arseholes who crammed certain beaches over the past couple of weekends, we seem destined for further surges:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52902984

Selfish, selfish scum. I'd have them all rounded up and used as test subjects for experimental CV19 treatments/vaccines.

Then you get stories like these, the sacrifices made by so many:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-eng...ter-nine-weeks

Learning All The Songs

And with scum like these, and the scrotey arseholes who crammed certain beaches over the past couple of weekends, we seem destined for further surges:

Selfish, selfish scum. I'd have them all rounded up and used as test subjects for experimental CV19 treatments/vaccines.

Don’t forget all those attending the Black Lives Matter protests this week, clearly social distancing goes out of the window for a protest, based on some of what you see on Social Media, look at the one in Liverpool yesterday and the one in London today.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Like you I have no specific knowledge of virus behaviour, but you would think a second spike is inevitable with the photo's in the news.
    I don't know the general situation in the UK, but where I am you see no one in the street without a mask. Last week we had restaurants with gardens or terraces open to 30% capacity. we went out for lunch a couple of times, and you are always met at the door with hand disinfectant, tables are spaced, no communal consumables such as salt and pepper etc. Then you see photo's of the beaches in the UK! I don't know if we will ever know the true scale of this epidemic, but in Spain the official death toll is 28k, but the number of people that died in Spain since the epedemic started is 47k more than the same period last year. I suspect most other countries are also underestimating the cost in human lives of this virus.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Don’t forget all those attending the Black Lives Matter protests this week, clearly social distancing goes out of the window for a protest, based on some of what you see on Social Media, look at the one in Liverpool yesterday and the one in London today.
    And the social media especially the BBC are giving it the full monty, Jeremy Vine around lunchtime on Radio 2 stirring it up saying we must have the George Floyd equivalent in the UK and inviting people to ring in and discuss which is just going to create hatred with all the activists primed up to demonstrate.

Its time to bring in a minimum Ł1000 fine for obvious non social distancing, once we go over that R value of 1 then we are back to square one with another lockdown.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Like you I have no specific knowledge of virus behaviour, but you would think a second spike is inevitable with the photo's in the news.
    I don't know the general situation in the UK, but where I am you see no one in the street without a mask. Last week we had restaurants with gardens or terraces open to 30% capacity. we went out for lunch a couple of times, and you are always met at the door with hand disinfectant, tables are spaced, no communal consumables such as salt and pepper etc. Then you see photo's of the beaches in the UK! I don't know if we will ever know the true scale of this epidemic, but in Spain the official death toll is 28k, but the number of people that died in Spain since the epedemic started is 47k more than the same period last year. I suspect most other countries are also underestimating the cost in human lives of this virus.

The FT has been runnings its own studies for a few weeks now, focusing on excess deaths. Yes, Spain has seen around 44k excess deaths (most recent graph I can find relates to stats up to 27/05), the UK is almost at 60,000

The way this shambolic shyster-government sat on its hands whilst other countries were locking down earlier, bollocksed-up the whole PPE issue, sent Covid-positive pensioners back to care homes as angels of death, and have persistently lied and manipulated figures from the start, is a national scandal. But bumbling Boris is a bit of a laugh and is ploughing through Brexit (and f*ck the economic cost) so the ignorant pricks that prevail in this country love him and will forgive his government anything.

Anyway, rant over. Here's the latest FT graphs. They show just how badly the UK has handled this:

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    And the social media especially the BBC are giving it the full monty, Jeremy Vine around lunchtime on Radio 2 stirring it up saying we must have the George Floyd equivalent in the UK and inviting people to ring in and discuss which is just going to create hatred with all the activists primed up to demonstrate.

Its time to bring in a minimum Ł1000 fine for obvious non social distancing, once we go over that R value of 1 then we are back to square one with another lockdown.
    It’s just ridiculous, i get people want to protest and raise awareness to it, but in the current climate they need to do it in the right way, if you want to go out try and maintain a safe distance.

The FT has been runnings its own studies for a few weeks now, focusing on excess deaths. Yes, Spain has seen around 44k excess deaths (most recent graph I can find relates to stats up to 27/05), the UK is almost at 60,000

The way this shambolic shyster-government sat on its hands whilst other countries were locking down earlier, bollocksed-up the whole PPE issue, sent Covid-positive pensioners back to care homes as angels of death, and have persistently lied and manipulated figures from the start, is a national scandal. But bumbling Boris is a bit of a laugh and is ploughing through Brexit (and f*ck the economic cost) so the ignorant pricks that prevail in this country love him and will forgive his government anything.

Anyway, rant over. Here's the latest FT graphs. They show just how badly the UK has handled this:

Looks like Spain and the UK govts are equally culpable. At least Italy had a bit of an excuse that they did not have the benefit of seeing the effects on others, before it hit them.

Banned

Looks like Spain and the UK govts are equally culpable. At least Italy had a bit of an excuse that they did not have the benefit of seeing the effects on others, before it hit them.

I think it also hit Spain early - certainly earlier than here; Madrid was already a hotspot with restrictions being imposed and bans on mass gatherings, when the UK government was deeming that it was perfectly fine for 3,000 Madrid residents to descend on Liverpool and quarter of a million people to cram into Cheltenham race course. Both Merseyside and the Cheltenham/Gloucester areas experienced infection spikes in the following weeks.

I think it also hit Spain early - certainly earlier than here; Madrid was already a hotspot with restrictions being imposed and bans on mass gatherings, when the UK government was deeming that it was perfectly fine for 3,000 Madrid residents to descend on Liverpool and quarter of a million people to cram into Cheltenham race course. Both Merseyside and the Cheltenham/Gloucester areas experienced infection spikes in the following weeks.
    And we shouldn’t forget Cas v Saints.

Could never work out why that Atletico V Liverpool went ahead when the virus was raging in Madrid, especially when Spain were saying they got it from the Madrid V Atalanta game in Bergamo.

Banned

Say here Tez, I'm waiting to hear about a job in Angola, and god's honest, I cannot wait to get out of the country. I'm ••••ing ashamed to be British at the moment.

Banned

Unbelievable ain't it? But that's what the country, in fact the world, is up against. Selfish, ignorant retards that would offer nothing wherever they lived.

And then you look at that poor woman who gave up seeing her kids for 9 weeks and it must be heart breaking for her. It's properly starting to wind me up now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Unbelievable ain't it? But that's what the country, in fact the world, is up against. Selfish, ignorant retards that would offer nothing wherever they lived.

And then you look at that poor woman who gave up seeing her kids for 9 weeks and it must be heart breaking for her. It's properly starting to wind me up now.

And, whilst I share the sentiment of being angry at the racism in the US (amongst their police especially), I've no idea why people over here are protesting (there's plenty to be angry about right here in this country), particularly as social distancing has gone right out the window and our already stretched emergency services are having to deal with the whole crapfest.

Banned

And, whilst I share the sentiment of being angry at the racism in the US (amongst their police especially), I've no idea why people over here are protesting (there's plenty to be angry about right here in this country), particularly as social distancing has gone right out the window and our already stretched emergency services are having to deal with the whole crapfest.
    Of course, it was disgusting what happened although the response to it as been just as bad if not worse. People always look for something to be offended by, as mentioned before we have our fair share of idiots over here + boredom + nice weather and it's no surprise what's happened, especially when you get the likes of the BBC and Sky pushing the story every 2 minutes.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

There's also a very concerning amount of excess deaths that are not linked to Covid through people not going to hospital for fear of catching Covid.

On the flip side I suspect there's been a massive decrease in people killed in road accidents and industrial incidents.

On a positive, confirmed cases and deaths in St Helens have dropped off massively from the peak in April, with one confirmed case in a week
    Last edited by paulscnthorpe; 4th June 2020 at 11:29.

I fully agree with how bad that event in the US was, but the protesting and rioting are solely because he was African American. There were no protests about a year ago when an Australian woman phoned the police to report a sexual attack outside her home. When the police arrived she went out in a nightdress to speak to the officers, one of whom shot her dead. But no protests about an unarmed white woman in a nightdress being killed.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

I fully agree with how bad that event in the US was, but the protesting and rioting are solely because he was African American. There were no protests about a year ago when an Australian woman phoned the police to report a sexual attack outside her home. When the police arrived she went out in a nightdress to speak to the officers, one of whom shot her dead. But no protests about an unarmed white woman in a nightdress being killed.
    I had a chat with someone the other day about the French police and their brutal tactics against the gilet jaunes, which was going on for about a year. Even though it's on the same continent, nobody cared. And although I dislike the word, there is clearly a ladder of importance that the 'woke' left assign to things, and it was clear that there was a sizeable number of the usual protest suspects that attached themselves to this for their own cause. It's a shame, because the story should be these officers standing in court being sentenced for the death of a black man, but as per usual it will be overshadowed by another kind of violence.

Unfortunately, we also have this perception that America is just like Britain, so stuff that happens there all of a sudden becomes our problem as well. There are massive differences, but the youth of today is so enmeshed in its own idea of America through Netflix and social media that it thinks it's perfectly fine to shout 'hands up, don't shoot' at an unarmed copper. It's bizarre.