Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Social Distancing at Saints - A solution

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    I had a chat with someone the other day about the French police and their brutal tactics against the gilet jaunes, which was going on for about a year. Even though it's on the same continent, nobody cared. And although I dislike the word, there is clearly a ladder of importance that the 'woke' left assign to things, and it was clear that there was a sizeable number of the usual protest suspects that attached themselves to this for their own cause. It's a shame, because the story should be these officers standing in court being sentenced for the death of a black man, but as per usual it will be overshadowed by another kind of violence.

Unfortunately, we also have this perception that America is just like Britain, so stuff that happens there all of a sudden becomes our problem as well. There are massive differences, but the youth of today is so enmeshed in its own idea of America through Netflix and social media that it thinks it's perfectly fine to shout 'hands up, don't shoot' at an unarmed copper. It's bizarre.
    Very well put. There's things going on in various countries that are ignored on a regular basis, including in the UK. How long did it take for the child grooming gangs to be exposed when it was known to police forces for years? Illegal phone tapping by media outlets, Human trafficking, Terrorism. How come those things are ok but a one man, thousands of miles away being killed causes such outrage? It's obviously abhorrence what happened to the guy but there's communities in the US where people are killed on a daily basis, were's the outrage for them? I have zero time for that clown Trump or his government but it's massive double standards they're dealing with here. I hope this link works because this bloke has it pretty much right for me.

https://www.facebook.com/MartinCoste...wMzQxMDQ0NzAw/

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

I read somewhere that the FA think they could get 20,000 into Wembley for the Cup Final in early August, as Wembley is big enough and has enough entrances and exits to do it safely. I think this opens up a can of worms really, because no matter how big or modern a place is, we are still talking about human beings here, and they will still act in ways that you cannot predict. But if 20,000 is a goal for a Wembley Cup Final you will rightly have clubs across all sports asking why they can’t have 25% capacities in August as well.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    I read somewhere that the FA think they could get 20,000 into Wembley for the Cup Final in early August, as Wembley is big enough and has enough entrances and exits to do it safely. I think this opens up a can of worms really, because no matter how big or modern a place is, we are still talking about human beings here, and they will still act in ways that you cannot predict. But if 20,000 is a goal for a Wembley Cup Final you will rightly have clubs across all sports asking why they can’t have 25% capacities in August as well.
    Quite a lot of businesses have actually come up with good business plans during the pandemic to make things work, look at the Eccleston arms and Sticky Wicket for examples on to safely make some business..

It is possible I would suggest for a say upto 500 people. Close toilets, split the blocks in a quarter, with a household in each with designated times to enter and sit.

Is it better than nothing, I don't know? but you could have a draw for season ticket holders

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Stop fishing

Got A Season Ticket

Andym,,,, are you for real????

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andym View Post
    Social distancing is a CON. Coronavirus is NOT A LIVING THING. It CANNOT be passed on through the air or from touch. How many people have you seen collapse in the street from walking pass someone else? Any medical expert who says different is either a liar or an incompetent doctor.

A virus technically isn't alive, so there is a very thin line of truth, that the rest of this is wrapped around.
    Can be "passed" on through air or touch. Just enters body though mouth, nose and potentially eyes socket.
    People won't just collapse on the street, at point of infection, it's not that quick acting.

Learning All The Songs

You're talking utter bollocks mate, everybody knows it's all caused by Bill Gates, 5G, and the illuminati

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

I think realistically we still know very little about it. I know of quite a fee who've tested positive. Of those I know one who tested positive, yet his wife never

Similarly you hear stories of people who've been out once or twice and caught it
    Last edited by paulscnthorpe; 12th June 2020 at 12:51.

Banned

You're full of shit. Viruses are not sentient, like you. Gates and vaccines maim and kill, so do pesticides hence polio.
    •••• off.

Learning All The Songs

You're full of shit. Viruses are not sentient, like you. Gates and vaccines maim and kill, so do pesticides hence polio.
    You’ve just gone full potato, where you never told not to go full potato?

Banned

andym plays knock and run aged 52.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Social distancing is a CON. Coronavirus is NOT A LIVING THING. It CANNOT be passed on through the air or from touch. How many people have you seen collapse in the street from walking pass someone else? Any medical expert who says different is either a liar or an incompetent doctor.
    It usually attacks the weakest part of the human body in most cases the lungs, but it has been known in rare cases to attack the human brain who have a distinct lack of brain cell structure, first symptoms is denial of transmission and phishing behaviour.

Starting A Programme Collection

As it stands I think fans will definitely be in by October with ST holders only. I know all the going the toilet issues etc but the reality seems to be that you have to spend a decent time period with someone who has it (15 mins+). So going past people to go the toilets or queuing for the toilets shouldn't be that much of an issue especially if keeping a metre apart (which they're on about changing the distance to shortly). If they were worried about the bar queues they will be able to work a away around it I'm sure.

The 15 mins thing is based on the fact Spurs don't have to self isolate this week after a Norwich player had it as they played on Friday but no one spent 15 mins in close contact with said player.

So I think on that basis it's quite easily done IF that is correct.

Quote from Mike Rush's open letter"Understandably, we have had a number of queries regarding match tickets, and we are working on several options ranging from playing behind closed doors, to playing in front of you, our fans. We as a club have led the way having drawn up plans to play in front of reduced crowds whilst in-line with government guidance. These plans have been submitted to the RFL and Super League and we hope that they will be passed on to government as an example of how we can help return the game to you as soon as possible.
    https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/...e-fans/?ref=eb

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Huddersfield's season ticket holder's can have a stand each.
    Done a bit of digging. I was surprised that Huddersfield over a 3 year average is higher than Wakey.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Done a bit of digging. I was surprised that Huddersfield over a 3 year average is higher than Wakey.
    Hahaha, you must be bored. So they should have, it's much bigger than Wakefield. That's on top of having a ground that doesn't look like a council depot.

It doesn't change the fact they're both poorly supported and take next to no fans away.

Banned

Your right Dave. I even watched a rugby am slot called hard as Bails. Seriously Dave it's named after the hard man of RL Ryan Bailey. What a Joke!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Your right Dave. I even watched a rugby am slot called hard as Bails. Seriously Dave it's named after the hard man of RL Ryan Bailey. What a Joke!
    I think when they interviewed Scully he complained about that and the changed Bails to nails. Though I never knew it was a reference to Bailey

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I think when they interviewed Scully he complained about that and the changed Bails to nails. Though I never knew it was a reference to Bailey
    I think the Bailey was reference to the fact he was a giant sh**house.

Which I found hilarious

Banned

Yes this was Jones Buchanan and Bailey it was embarrassing hearing him being called the hard man of RL. Both Bailey and Hock picked some of the thugs/cheap shot merchants as you would expect. Rad ford was the only one of the three I watched who was literate in any way and he picked Cunningham and reasoned why from a rugby sense, not a thuggery sense.

Learning All The Songs

Mr third man in, cheap shot merchant himself Ryan Bailey, anyones as hard as nails when hitting someone being held by 2 others.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Mr third man in, cheap shot merchant himself Ryan Bailey, anyones as hard as nails when hitting someone being held by 2 others.
    He didn't like facing Jammer much.

Learning All The Songs

He wouldn’t, Ryan the coward only picked on those smaller than him.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Always remember that legal big hit into Bailey's ribs, what was even better was the wry smiles on Sinfield and Peacock as though Bailey deserved it.

Banned

I remember when Graham went for him (think Bailey had put in a late/cheap hit), and Bailey hid behind 2 or 3 of his teammates before gobbing off.

Was just a soft-arse bully