Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
I fully agree with how bad that event in the US was, but the protesting and rioting are solely because he was African American. There were no protests about a year ago when an Australian woman phoned the police to report a sexual attack outside her home. When the police arrived she went out in a nightdress to speak to the officers, one of whom shot her dead. But no protests about an unarmed white woman in a nightdress being killed.
I had a chat with someone the other day about the French police and their brutal tactics against the gilet jaunes, which was going on for about a year. Even though it's on the same continent, nobody cared. And although I dislike the word, there is clearly a ladder of importance that the 'woke' left assign to things, and it was clear that there was a sizeable number of the usual protest suspects that attached themselves to this for their own cause. It's a shame, because the story should be these officers standing in court being sentenced for the death of a black man, but as per usual it will be overshadowed by another kind of violence.

Unfortunately, we also have this perception that America is just like Britain, so stuff that happens there all of a sudden becomes our problem as well. There are massive differences, but the youth of today is so enmeshed in its own idea of America through Netflix and social media that it thinks it's perfectly fine to shout 'hands up, don't shoot' at an unarmed copper. It's bizarre.