Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: James Bentley in Demand

Starting A Programme Collection

I like Bentley's attitude, hard work, grit and determination. I hope we keep hold of him longer term. Every team needs this kind of a player that has quality, puts a shift in and tries his best every time he puts the shirt on. A really useful utility player at the moment that can slot into many positions. Whether he makes a position his own is another matter and yet to be seen. Even if he doesn't, I'd definitely have him in the squad. I think he's going to get better yet. Still fairly young and still developing.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Christopher View Post
    I like Bentley's attitude, hard work, grit and determination. I hope we keep hold of him longer term. Every team needs this kind of a player that has quality, puts a shift in and tries his best every time he puts the shirt on. A really useful utility player at the moment that can slot into many positions. Whether he makes a position his own is another matter and yet to be seen. Even if he doesn't, I'd definitely have him in the squad. I think he's going to get better yet. Still fairly young and still developing.
    I think you can also add strength and stamina to that attitude but the club already knew that when he signed from Bradford. Thompson, Bentley and Knowles is going to be one tough back row next season and all three have a great work rate ethic.

Bentley is totally fitted with the style of play we are now expected to play, playing Leeds on Sunday will be a great opportunity for him to turn on the style, and going forward in his career, he will mature into one of the best.

Bentley had a fantastic game , energy , ran hard, defence on point.

His mobility , ability to play long minutes and support second phase all bode well.

More to do with team shape , but still a tendency to overplay the inside Peyroux line.

In contrast Taia seems to hold a position that allows him to either come inside or keep options to
    the centre /winger open.

He deserves to keep his spot. Think Batchelor also has made a case to stay in the 17.

Noooobie

Yes Bentley had A great Game ;But we still need a big Second rower to replace Taia next season.

Got A Season Ticket

Joel Thompson will be replacing Taia I think

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by owl saint View Post
    Yes Bentley had A great Game ;But we still need a big Second rower to replace Taia next season.
    If Proctor is still our target, then Thompson and Proctor have size and plenty of grunt with the young guns coming off the bench.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by owl saint View Post
    Someone like McMeeken

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Someone like McMeeken
    Hope not. He can’t tackle for toffee. Every time we’ve run up big scores against Cas over the last 2 years all we’ve had to do is run at Mcshane and McMeeken.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Someone like McMeeken
    He's signed for Catalans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Banned

The more i see of proctor im not sure who i would prefer. Peryoux or him. Dom has been great the last 2 years but doesnt supply his wingman or center much ball, proctor is the opposit

To my knowledge, Saints have signed Thompson to replace Taia and are targetting a prop to repalce Luke T.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by superarch View Post
    To my knowledge, Saints have signed Thompson to replace Taia and are targetting a prop to repalce Luke T.
    Thompson out again for Manly tonight with a niggling ankle injury ( went off injured one game, came back the next but out again today). As a player and a bloke he comes across great but is a different player to Taia, less of a ball player,

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Another excellent performance from Bentley tonight. Really put a marker down to be in the starting line up every week.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Another excellent performance from Bentley tonight. Really put a marker down to be in the starting line up every week.
    How many tackles he's a tackling machine.

His last 2 games has made him an automatic choice now for the first 17, did he play all the 80 mins, fit as a butchers dog. His tackling count is taking a lot of defensive pressure off Roby.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    His last 2 games has made him an automatic choice now for the first 17, did he play all the 80 mins, fit as a butchers dog. His tackling count is taking a lot of defensive pressure off Roby.
    Peyroux has been great for the last couple of years, but his injury has opened the door for Bentley to play right second row, Bentley has taken the opportunity and ran with it, as you say the last 2 games has made him an automatic choice there. Before this the talk was where does he play, sometimes an injury opens the door to someone who takes the opportunity with both hands and ends up taking the shirt of the established player. For me its now for Peyroux to put pressure on to earn his place back.

Got A Season Ticket

Bentley stunning tonight, only going to get better.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Tough as teak as well. No reaction from him at all to a couple of really high shots. Must also give the verbals in the tackle with the number of Leeds players trying to banjo him.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

With Peyroux's deal coming to an end, Bentley's stepped up at just the right time. You always hear of players with potential who never quite hit the heights. Great to see him starting to show it.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Christopher View Post
    Got to thank Leon Price for Bentleys addition Leon put him on Saints scouting radar he also said he was the best player in a lower league , had a great game today and is also one tough b - - - ger never takes a backward step McAlorum tried to do him last week and it wasn't Bentley who ended up on his own backside.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

I think this lad has the potential to be as good as John Bateman - hard as nails, a good bit of talent to go with it and very solid
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Got to thank Leon Price for Bentleys addition Leon put him on Saints scouting radar he also said he was the best player in a lower league , had a great game today and is also one tough b - - - ger never takes a backward step McAlorum tried to do him last week and it wasn't Bentley who ended up on his own backside.
    Dont tell RG that; founder of the mickey mac fan club. Better than Roby and Cunningham.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Try not to comment on RG posts but sometimes he really has me in stitches please don't ever ban him he's hilarious all of the time when I've had a bad day I go onto the goon website he logs into he is either the worse for the demon drink or deluded but well worth a visit .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Try not to comment on RG posts but sometimes he really has me in stitches please don't ever ban him he's hilarious all of the time when I've had a bad day I go onto the goon website he logs into he is either the worse for the demon drink or deluded but well worth a visit .
    Better hookers than KC:
    1. Mickey Mac
    2. Martin Dermott and his tight shorts
    3. Tommy Leulai
    4. 15 year old Billy Joe from Platt Waz - gonna be a world beater
    5. George Formby
    6. Richard Ashcroft
    7. Stuart Howarth
    8. Uncle Joe