Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Benji Marshall

Banned

I wonder if they've deferred their rent for 3 months as per the government scheme?

Banned

And we know just the man, but wait, he has a friend and between them they can create a master spreadsheet of every boy who has signed academy papers. Can't wait for that thriller it will make George Orwell look like an amateur.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Williams would cost too much Brian, you would be better off with Jack of all Trades in way of John Wilkin who can play scrum half, stand off and loose forward.
    I may be daft but I'm not stupid.

Banned

You can't be stupid, you have access to a spreadsheet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    I may be daft but I'm not stupid.
    Really? You keep coming on here.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Really? You keep coming on here.
    I didn't realise that being stupid was a pre-requisite for posting on here. but wait a minute!!

Banned

I didn't realise that being stupid was a pre-requisite for posting on here. but wait a minute!!
    What's the definition of stupid ball bag?

You've had a very easy ride from me lately because I genuinely felt sorry for you, now you can •••• off you poisonous old ••••.

I'm normally one who is totally against signing a player of Marshalls age.
    However with my Wigan hat on here goes.

At the end of this season we will lose O'Loughlin and Leuluai, a lot of experience, Smithies will replace Lockers and Harry Smith will replace Leuluai, both excellent young players.
    Now the problem. If Hastings goes back to Aus, and I think it will happen we don't have another youngster ready at this time. Hanley could do a job but IMO he's not ready and is primarily a fullback. To go into a season with two young inexperienced halves would be suicide.
    So with that in mind I would take Marshall on a one year deal with a second year option if Hastings goes. He was very good in todays game.

I wonder if that Williams lad from Canberra fancies a go over here, he looks o.k.
    Pretty short term thinking, surely you want to build up a good young combination. If Hanley and Smith are the answer for Wigan then stick them in and let them mature together. Leeds did this quite well Sinfield/Burrow/Maguire all came in together and after 2 or 3 years of teething pains made up the spine of a successful team.

Look at Leeds and Castleford right now. Castleford have Richardson and Trueman, Leeds have Lui and Gale, on average probability who is going to be better off in a few years time.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    Pretty short term thinking, surely you want to build up a good young combination. If Hanley and Smith are the answer for Wigan then stick them in and let them mature together. Leeds did this quite well Sinfield/Burrow/Maguire all came in together and after 2 or 3 years of teething pains made up the spine of a successful team.

Look at Leeds and Castleford right now. Castleford have Richardson and Trueman, Leeds have Lui and Gale, on average probability who is going to be better off in a few years time.
    Leeds.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post

It's a myth that Burrow and McGuire were Leeds halfbacks from a very young age. Andrew Dunemann was the "main halfback" for about three years and Sinfield also played a bit at #6. McGuire and Burrow only really became 1st choice halves when they were around 23.
    You've seen it yourselves at Saints when they tried Lomax and Gaskell, we did the same with Robinson and Brown.
    As I said I think Hanley is a fullback and is still only18, so if Hastings goes that that will be a big problem, although I hear continuous whispers about Lachlan Lam coming over.

Banned

I've heard a whisper. Cheap carpet going at Welch Mill in Leigh, do yer bit fir Wigoon and get down there.

Banned

although I hear continuous whispers about Lachlan Lam coming over.

I'd call it nepotism, but you inbred piescum would tell me no, he comes from Papua New Guinea.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I'd call it nepotism, but you inbred piescum would tell me no, he comes from Papua New Guinea.
    Scouse grandmother, makes him closer to you lot doesn't it?

It's a myth that Burrow and McGuire were Leeds halfbacks from a very young age. Andrew Dunemann was the "main halfback" for about three years and Sinfield also played a bit at #6. McGuire and Burrow only really became 1st choice halves when they were around 23.
    You've seen it yourselves at Saints when they tried Lomax and Gaskell, we did the same with Robinson and Brown.
    As I said I think Hanley is a fullback and is still only18, so if Hastings goes that that will be a big problem, although I hear continuous whispers about Lachlan Lam coming over.
    You have to throw some things at the wall and see what sticks. It was bad luck from Saints with Lomaskell, Gaskell was a very talented player but was just uncoachable. Similar to Martin Crompton at Wigan. Both players are better at smaller clubs where they can just play off the cuff.

Robinson was never really good enough, he was over hyped at a young age which didn't do him any favours. Stevo just spotted a fat scrum half in a Wigan shirt and though he was Andy Gregory. Brown was reasonable enough, I think Wigan should have stuck with him.

There still has to be better options than a 36 year old Kiwi.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Banned

Scouse grandmother, makes him closer to you lot doesn't it?
    Yes it does no doubt. However a lot of things mean you are closer to your Sister.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Yes it does no doubt. However a lot of things mean you are closer to your Sister.

Banned

15 - love.

Banned

It's not odd at all having a indepth knowledge of a young players background, not one bit.

Banned

I've heard a whisper. Cheap carpet going at Welch Mill in Leigh, do yer bit fir Wigoon and get down there.