Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ashwoorth”S Future

Wheldon Road is dilapidated for sure but it's one great place to watch a game. You are right on top of the action and it's always a good atmosphere.
    I'd rather go there than many other modern grounds.
    Wakefield on the other hand is a dump and a terrible spec.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    The Yorkshire clubs voted for Ecky Thump's plan to reduce the salary cap yet Cas are seemingly in a position to be after anyone who becomes available. I know this season is a one off and I am on about the last 24 years.Clubs were marked on ground conditions and facilities but it appears that although every other club did their bit Cas and Wakey are still playing in in 50's conditions.
    The irony to your statement is that If you watch “This Sporting Life” it is clear that in the 1950’s Bell Vue was far better than it is now.

Basically Oldham went under because the RFL told them that the Watersheddings wasn’t fit for super league. Well the Watersheddings in the 1980s is comparable to (if not better than )both those West Yorkshire dumps as they are now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Wheldon Road is dilapidated for sure but it's one great place to watch a game. You are right on top of the action and it's always a good atmosphere.
    I'd rather go there than many other modern grounds.
    Wakefield on the other hand is a dump and a terrible spec.
    The truth is both Wakey and Cas cannot cater for elderly fans who need to sit in some comfort and disabled fans who are treated like third class citizens. We should look to boycott these grounds, it is the only way anything will be done. Now they are paying transfer fees out its a joke.

I feel for clubs like Leigh and Fev who have invested in stadia, whilst Carter at Wakey and Wells at Cas think it's great for away fans to get drenched and pay 24.00 to pee against a wall. Ladies toilets? That's another story. Saints, Widnes, Salford and Leigh hounded out of our stadiums, only Wigan had to leave, it's double Yorkshire standards driven by the fat hog who trousered a packet from our game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    The irony to your statement is that If you watch “This Sporting Life” it is clear that in the 1950’s Bell Vue was far better than it is now.

Basically Oldham went under because the RFL told them that the Watersheddings wasn’t fit for super league. Well the Watersheddings in the 1980s is comparable to (if not better than )both those West Yorkshire dumps as they are now.
    Spot on pal. Belle Vue was equal to Knowsley Road circa 1970. Since then they have demolished a covered end and the main stand, both needed money spending on them post Valley Parade, what did they do knock em down.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    The truth is both Wakey and Cas cannot cater for elderly fans who need to sit in some comfort and disabled fans who are treated like third class citizens. We should look to boycott these grounds, it is the only way anything will be done. Now they are paying transfer fees out its a joke.

I feel for clubs like Leigh and Fev who have invested in stadia, whilst Carter at Wakey and Wells at Cas think it's great for away fans to get drenched and pay 24.00 to pee against a wall. Ladies toilets? That's another story. Saints, Widnes, Salford and Leigh hounded out of our stadiums, only Wigan had to leave, it's double Yorkshire standards driven by the fat hog who trousered a packet from our game.
    Exactly, How can we grow the game when these two top clubs do not cater for over half the population to watch the game in comfort.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Whilst I agree that some clubs seem to have 'got away with it', I think that part of the problem with the likes of K Rd was the facilities behind the scene not being up to standard.
    I don't know if that also applied to Wakefield or Cas.
    However, it's more likely that the 'framing the future' thing that triggered the various ground upgrades was overtaken by events such as the economic downturn. The authorities took the pressure off, and here we still are!

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Whilst I agree that some clubs seem to have 'got away with it', I think that part of the problem with the likes of K Rd was the facilities behind the scene not being up to standard.
    I don't know if that also applied to Wakefield or Cas.
    However, it's more likely that the 'framing the future' thing that triggered the various ground upgrades was overtaken by events such as the economic downturn. The authorities took the pressure off, and here we still are!
    The behind the scene facilities at KR were far better than Wheldon Road and Bell Vue. These ground should not be allow to stage top flight rugby league games.

It has been said before very poor disabled facilities, almost non existent toilet facilities (especially for woman). These grounds provide over half the population with third class facilities. They should be embargoed from signing anybody else until they sort their sheds out

Learning All The Songs

Now Luke is leaving we will give Jack a new contract? Bet you?

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Haven't we known for ages that Luke is leaving?

Learning All The Songs

As for both wakefield and Castleford. Both have had so many false dawns with new grounds or completely revamping their grounds. Both should be give a time scale and told they will be relegated to the championship if they don't comply. Other teams had to comply with consequences if they didn't.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

If Luke does leave early, it should give Ashworth the chance once and for all to prove whether he is up to it or not

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Saint View Post
    As for both wakefield and Castleford. Both have had so many false dawns with new grounds or completely revamping their grounds. Both should be give a time scale and told they will be relegated to the championship if they don't comply. Other teams had to comply with consequences if they didn't.
    Time for this to happen now. The disabled and elderly fans should not need to put up with sixties infrastructure. They should be replaced by either Leigh, Fax or Fev and the fact they are throwing cash around is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Time for this to happen now. The disabled and elderly fans should not need to put up with sixties infrastructure. They should be replaced by either Leigh, Fax or Fev and the fact they are throwing cash around is a joke.
    So we replace them with 3 clubs that will struggle to pull in more than 3000 every week?

I agree that they have taken the mickey. To think Saints were threatened with expulsion as well.

We will end up with a league of about 6 teams if we are not careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    The behind the scene facilities at KR were far better than Wheldon Road and Bell Vue. These ground should not be allow to stage top flight rugby league games.

It has been said before very poor disabled facilities, almost non existent toilet facilities (especially for woman). These grounds provide over half the population with third class facilities. They should be embargoed from signing anybody else until they sort their sheds out
    Far better? You couldn't even wash your hands after a pi55 in the Dunriding Lane bogs behind the old scoreboard!! No running water in there!

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Far better? You couldn't even wash your hands after a pi55 in the Dunriding Lane bogs behind the old scoreboard!! No running water in there!
    Cleansed by the softening rains of Mother Nature...

But the 'behind the scenes' issue that I was talking about was more to do with lack of facilities for the players, officials and media.
    I know that we fell short here, but I don't know if Cas or Wakey did.

Learning All The Songs theres only one stan wall's Avatar

Ashworth won’t be at Saints beyond 2020.

10/12/1989 12-12 v Dewsbury (H) Regal Trophy.
    Att:5,847 (Loyal supporter ever since).

Banned

Remember 18 months ago?

Our props for the next few years were settled.

Walmsley & Thompson - the two best props in SL.
    Lees - still improving and a fearless nutcase
    Ashworth - quick, decent hands, him and Lees brought the best out of each other

Holbrook had them playing open but smart rugby. We could let Amor move for a last contract somewhere and use Louis off the bench.

Heady days.

Just goes to show how plans can so easily turn to sh*t.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by theres only one stan wall View Post
    Ashworth won’t be at Saints beyond 2020.
    Good news. Junk player.

https://www.totalrl.com/players-reve...on-the-market/

Ashworth isn't on our release list. New contract maybe? I think players can ask not to be included if they already have a contract lined up. Either way it would suggest Ashworths future is sorted.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

They have broken the TotalRL website with a strange payment model. Here is the Saints section.

St Helens
    Kyle Amor Not yet determined
    Josh Eaves Not yet determined
    Callum Hazzard Not yet determined
    Dom Peyroux Not yet determined
    Matt Costello No Offer (Joining Salford)
    Zeb Taia No Offer

Noooobie

hope You Are Wrong About Ashwoth as I Rate Him Highly Big Mistake if we Let Him Slip away.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    https://www.totalrl.com/players-reve...on-the-market/

Ashworth isn't on our release list. New contract maybe? I think players can ask not to be included if they already have a contract lined up. Either way it would suggest Ashworths future is sorted.
    I don't think there's anymore than 10 of those players I'd look twice at.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I don't think there's anymore than 10 of those players I'd look twice at.
    Eaves hasn't really been given a chance yet. He has had a few injuries and deserves a shot at first team. If Roby is going to retire and Bentley is going into the back row full time, Aaron Smith will need some backup with an interchange hooker. However we need a duel reg to make sure he gets game time.

The rest I tend to agree with you Dave;

Kyle Amor, time to move on now. He has improved but he either wants to play out his career or he doesn't. Staying at Saints would show a lack of ambition IMO.

Callum Hazzard, not really stood out for me. He hasn't had a fair shot but without second team rugby for the next 18 month he needs game time. They seemed to appreciate him at Crusaders so at worst he can go there.

Dom Peyroux, improved greatly under JH, but not a player to splash cash out for. It depends if he wants a big deal elsewhere.

Matt Costello and Zeb Taia both seem to be gone regardless.

Banned

Eaves hasn't really been given a chance yet. He has had a few injuries and deserves a shot at first team. If Roby is going to retire and Bentley is going into the back row full time, Aaron Smith will need some backup with an interchange hooker. However we need a duel reg to make sure he gets game time.

The rest I tend to agree with you Dave;

Kyle Amor, time to move on now. He has improved but he either wants to play out his career or he doesn't. Staying at Saints would show a lack of ambition IMO.

Callum Hazzard, not really stood out for me. He hasn't had a fair shot but without second team rugby for the next 18 month he needs game time. They seemed to appreciate him at Crusaders so at worst he can go there.

Dom Peyroux, improved greatly under JH, but not a player to splash cash out for. It depends if he wants a big deal elsewhere.

Matt Costello and Zeb Taia both seem to be gone regardless.
    Sorry mate, I meant from the list of other clubs. I didn't realise McMeekan had signed for Catalan.

I like the little I've seen from Josh Eaves and I don't know enough about Hazzard to comment. Agreed with Peyroux and Amor

They have broken the TotalRL website with a strange payment model. Here is the Saints section.

St Helens
    Kyle Amor Not yet determined
    Josh Eaves Not yet determined
    Callum Hazzard Not yet determined
    Dom Peyroux Not yet determined
    Matt Costello No Offer (Joining Salford)
    Zeb Taia No Offer
    Eaves is the only one on the list that is understandable.

Young and having had a broken leg.

Saints should know enough about Hazzard to make a decision one way or another.
    I can't believe the uncertainty surrounds assessing his financial value.
    He would be on low end money if retained.

Amor and Peyroux have had their time.

Amor's retention would signal a laziness in recruitment. He's in the twilight of his career but certainly not a Kevin ward or Darren Britt.

I'm not sure Peyroux could not pick Kevin N or Tommy out of a police line-up. He never looks to his right