Jungle Out There Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 43 of 43

Thread: Ashwoorth”S Future

  1. #26
    Moderator Div's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sintellins
    Posts
    11,154
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Wheldon Road is dilapidated for sure but it's one great place to watch a game. You are right on top of the action and it's always a good atmosphere.
    I'd rather go there than many other modern grounds.
    Wakefield on the other hand is a dump and a terrible spec.

  2. #27
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    854
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    The Yorkshire clubs voted for Ecky Thump's plan to reduce the salary cap yet Cas are seemingly in a position to be after anyone who becomes available. I know this season is a one off and I am on about the last 24 years.Clubs were marked on ground conditions and facilities but it appears that although every other club did their bit Cas and Wakey are still playing in in 50's conditions.
    The irony to your statement is that If you watch “This Sporting Life” it is clear that in the 1950’s Bell Vue was far better than it is now.

    Basically Oldham went under because the RFL told them that the Watersheddings wasn’t fit for super league. Well the Watersheddings in the 1980s is comparable to (if not better than )both those West Yorkshire dumps as they are now.

  3. #28
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Wheldon Road is dilapidated for sure but it's one great place to watch a game. You are right on top of the action and it's always a good atmosphere.
    I'd rather go there than many other modern grounds.
    Wakefield on the other hand is a dump and a terrible spec.
    The truth is both Wakey and Cas cannot cater for elderly fans who need to sit in some comfort and disabled fans who are treated like third class citizens. We should look to boycott these grounds, it is the only way anything will be done. Now they are paying transfer fees out its a joke.

    I feel for clubs like Leigh and Fev who have invested in stadia, whilst Carter at Wakey and Wells at Cas think it's great for away fans to get drenched and pay 24.00 to pee against a wall. Ladies toilets? That's another story. Saints, Widnes, Salford and Leigh hounded out of our stadiums, only Wigan had to leave, it's double Yorkshire standards driven by the fat hog who trousered a packet from our game.

  4. #29
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    The irony to your statement is that If you watch “This Sporting Life” it is clear that in the 1950’s Bell Vue was far better than it is now.

    Basically Oldham went under because the RFL told them that the Watersheddings wasn’t fit for super league. Well the Watersheddings in the 1980s is comparable to (if not better than )both those West Yorkshire dumps as they are now.
    Spot on pal. Belle Vue was equal to Knowsley Road circa 1970. Since then they have demolished a covered end and the main stand, both needed money spending on them post Valley Parade, what did they do knock em down.

  5. #30
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    854
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    The truth is both Wakey and Cas cannot cater for elderly fans who need to sit in some comfort and disabled fans who are treated like third class citizens. We should look to boycott these grounds, it is the only way anything will be done. Now they are paying transfer fees out its a joke.

    I feel for clubs like Leigh and Fev who have invested in stadia, whilst Carter at Wakey and Wells at Cas think it's great for away fans to get drenched and pay 24.00 to pee against a wall. Ladies toilets? That's another story. Saints, Widnes, Salford and Leigh hounded out of our stadiums, only Wigan had to leave, it's double Yorkshire standards driven by the fat hog who trousered a packet from our game.
    Exactly, How can we grow the game when these two top clubs do not cater for over half the population to watch the game in comfort.

  6. #31
    Learning All The Songs KentishBarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,830
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Whilst I agree that some clubs seem to have 'got away with it', I think that part of the problem with the likes of K Rd was the facilities behind the scene not being up to standard.
    I don't know if that also applied to Wakefield or Cas.
    However, it's more likely that the 'framing the future' thing that triggered the various ground upgrades was overtaken by events such as the economic downturn. The authorities took the pressure off, and here we still are!

  7. #32
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    854
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Whilst I agree that some clubs seem to have 'got away with it', I think that part of the problem with the likes of K Rd was the facilities behind the scene not being up to standard.
    I don't know if that also applied to Wakefield or Cas.
    However, it's more likely that the 'framing the future' thing that triggered the various ground upgrades was overtaken by events such as the economic downturn. The authorities took the pressure off, and here we still are!
    The behind the scene facilities at KR were far better than Wheldon Road and Bell Vue. These ground should not be allow to stage top flight rugby league games.

    It has been said before very poor disabled facilities, almost non existent toilet facilities (especially for woman). These grounds provide over half the population with third class facilities. They should be embargoed from signing anybody else until they sort their sheds out

  8. #33
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,000
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Now Luke is leaving we will give Jack a new contract? Bet you?

  9. #34
    In The South Stand Dux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    4,022
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Now Luke is leaving we will give Jack a new contract? Bet you?
    Haven't we known for ages that Luke is leaving?

  10. #35
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    scarborough,north yorkshire.
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,084
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    As for both wakefield and Castleford. Both have had so many false dawns with new grounds or completely revamping their grounds. Both should be give a time scale and told they will be relegated to the championship if they don't comply. Other teams had to comply with consequences if they didn't.

  11. #36
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,602
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Now Luke is leaving we will give Jack a new contract? Bet you?
    If Luke does leave early, it should give Ashworth the chance once and for all to prove whether he is up to it or not

  12. #37
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Saint View Post
    As for both wakefield and Castleford. Both have had so many false dawns with new grounds or completely revamping their grounds. Both should be give a time scale and told they will be relegated to the championship if they don't comply. Other teams had to comply with consequences if they didn't.
    Time for this to happen now. The disabled and elderly fans should not need to put up with sixties infrastructure. They should be replaced by either Leigh, Fax or Fev and the fact they are throwing cash around is a joke.

  13. #38
    Moderator Div's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sintellins
    Posts
    11,154
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Time for this to happen now. The disabled and elderly fans should not need to put up with sixties infrastructure. They should be replaced by either Leigh, Fax or Fev and the fact they are throwing cash around is a joke.
    So we replace them with 3 clubs that will struggle to pull in more than 3000 every week?

    I agree that they have taken the mickey. To think Saints were threatened with expulsion as well.

    We will end up with a league of about 6 teams if we are not careful.

  14. #39
    Moderator Div's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sintellins
    Posts
    11,154
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    The behind the scene facilities at KR were far better than Wheldon Road and Bell Vue. These ground should not be allow to stage top flight rugby league games.

    It has been said before very poor disabled facilities, almost non existent toilet facilities (especially for woman). These grounds provide over half the population with third class facilities. They should be embargoed from signing anybody else until they sort their sheds out
    Far better? You couldn't even wash your hands after a pi55 in the Dunriding Lane bogs behind the old scoreboard!! No running water in there!

  15. #40
    Learning All The Songs KentishBarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,830
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Far better? You couldn't even wash your hands after a pi55 in the Dunriding Lane bogs behind the old scoreboard!! No running water in there!
    Cleansed by the softening rains of Mother Nature...

    But the 'behind the scenes' issue that I was talking about was more to do with lack of facilities for the players, officials and media.
    I know that we fell short here, but I don't know if Cas or Wakey did.

  16. #41
    Learning All The Songs theres only one stan wall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Defected Yicker
    Posts
    1,317
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Now Luke is leaving we will give Jack a new contract? Bet you?
    Ashworth won’t be at Saints beyond 2020.


    10/12/1989 12-12 v Dewsbury (H) Regal Trophy.
    Att:5,847 (Loyal supporter ever since).

  17. #42
    In The South Stand Webbo Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    3,882
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Remember 18 months ago?

    Our props for the next few years were settled.

    Walmsley & Thompson - the two best props in SL.
    Lees - still improving and a fearless nutcase
    Ashworth - quick, decent hands, him and Lees brought the best out of each other

    Holbrook had them playing open but smart rugby. We could let Amor move for a last contract somewhere and use Louis off the bench.

    Heady days.

    Just goes to show how plans can so easily turn to sh*t.
    I f*cking hate wi*an.

  18. #43
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wilts
    Posts
    4,313
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theres only one stan wall View Post
    Ashworth won’t be at Saints beyond 2020.
    Good news. Junk player.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •