Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Salary Cap

WARNING! PIE EATER!

It'll be interesting to see how Leeds Uniteds promotion affects the Rhinos. In the current economic climate money will be tight in many households, and the cost of supporting the two sides may not be economically viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how Leeds Uniteds promotion affects the Rhinos. In the current economic climate money will be tight in many households, and the cost of supporting the two sides may not be economically viable.
    I don't know to be honest. I know a handful of supporters of both LUAFC & Rhinos who are actually from Leeds. Most of them are from outside the area. Both clubs attract a lot of fans from all over Yorkshire & nationally. Don't think it will affect Rhinos at all

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

It might depend on how the Rhino's season develops if they end up playing poor quality rugby that might cause an upsurge of interest in Leeds Utd from the fickle fan variety.

Banned

Leeds United will sell out every game next season so I doubt it matter. I don't really care one way or the other to be honest.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

I always thought that it was similar to the Wigan thing where you supported one or the other (and didn't particularly like each other!).

Banned

LUFC have a big and fairly nasty following from Wakey and some of the other outlying towns. Don't forget Leeds was a Rugby League City. Hunslet were a huge club but badly run. Leeds RL was well run but not that succesful. LUFC didn't really figure until the early sixties.

I don't think it will affect Leeds RL or The Cricket. Those who support both when it suits will have the cash to do so.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I always thought that it was similar to the Wigan thing where you supported one or the other (and didn't particularly like each other!).
    It is among a lot of them ,some of the football fans havnt forgiven the rugby team for pinching there marching on together song ha

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    It is among a lot of them ,some of the football fans havnt forgiven the rugby team for pinching there marching on together song ha
    I know one of our mob feels that way! He's from Leeds and a LUFC fan, but was taken to the rugby in his younger days by his late father. He was so disgusted at the Leeds RL fans dis'ing the football team, that he vowed to support the team that they were playing that day. Saints. The rest is history!

Learning All The Songs

Penned by Les Reed who died last year.
    He also wrote hits with " A kind of hush" for Hermans Hermits, "Its not unusual" & "Delilah" for Tom Jones and "Last Waltz" for Englebert Humperdick.

Its not a well known fact but................... its not unusual.
    I need a pint.

Banned

Why anyone would want to pinch that shitbag, clown of a song I don’t know. Totally cringeworthy tune that sounds like some shite 70s kids show. Should be censored from every sports ground thats how bad it is. As bad as the shithouses from that cultural void of a city.

Learning All The Songs

Well Wakefield have sorted there pay cuts out, and only 33 season ticket holders have requested a refund, however they only have 2200 season ticket holders. No wonder they are want a reduction in the salary cap. Meanwhile Saints and Wigan lose all their Home grown top talent to the NRL.

Time to cut off the dead weight, but it will never happen, we will be dragged down to a semi pro level As long as Wakefeild and Cas are allowed to just survive by playing in 19th century facilities.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Why anyone would want to pinch that shitbag, clown of a song I don’t know. Totally cringeworthy tune that sounds like some shite 70s kids show. Should be censored from every sports ground thats how bad it is. As bad as the shithouses from that cultural void of a city.
    it's not the best like.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    LUFC have a big and fairly nasty following

I remember the 1988 JPS Trophy final at the piedump. Rumour went round the ground that as LUFC didn't have a game that day, loads of their fans had tagged along and were looking for a fight.

Back then, fans were allowed to run on the pitch at the end of the game and loads of mainly Saints kids/teenagers ran on the pitch - including me and my mates. The trophy was presented in the Douglas (?) stand, with loads of Saints fans on the pitch below cheering, singing, clapping. Cooper had just hoisted the trophy when a panic ran through the Saints fans, and some started running away from what had been the Leeds end (kop end). I looked that way, and charging towards the Saints fans was a mass of Leeds/LUFC fans, and it seemed to me a lot were carrying sticks or flag poles.

Just before turning to leg it myself, I saw a lone Saints fan, stood between the two sets, facing the charging Leeds thugs. He had his arms aloft, beckoning on the attack and shouting 'Come on, then!'. With his skinhead, huge DM's and green coat, it was the unmistakable figure of local Windle nutcase and infamous 'gluey', Tony 'Moggis' Morris.

Not got a clue what happened to him. I think a few Saints fans - mostly kids - got beatings from the oh-so-hard Leeds tw*ts.

Never used to mind LUFC, though. Mostly from a 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' and they hate Man U more than we Redmen do. But when that slimey Tory slug Ken Bates took control there, and then their fans became all whiney and entitled with all that 'we're a big club' crap, then I started to go off them. No doubt when they play us, their working class fans will, without any sense of irony or self awareness, again mock Liverpool for being victims of The Thatcher's vindictive policies.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    That’s a real hatred there pal.

C’mon, be honest, you either got dumped by a girl from Leeds when you were younger or you stuck a grand on them to get promoted last season when they were top with ten games to go?

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I don't think it is. If you look on the Leeds RL fans site, you will see that they have over 130 pages dedicated to Leeds United.

https://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic....7853#p19067853

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

I knew a fair few Leeds RL fans at uni who were also LUFC fans, and I’ve also been on trains filled with Leeds RL fans coming into Manchester on Grand Final days on a couple of occasions (not against us) and listened to their vitriol against the city, which you just wouldn’t have without the football element. Manchester and Leeds aren’t close enough (in the way that Liverpool and Manchester are or Leeds and Bradford are) to have a strong dislike of the other without football framing it IMO. A rivalry, yes. A Lancashire-Yorkshire thing, yes, but not a vitriolic hatred of the other city. That’s a football thing, and a lot of Leeds RL fans have it because they also support LUFC. I don’t think it’s particularly surprising that the two sets of fans cross over really.

Banned

I don't think it is. If you look on the Leeds RL fans site, you will see that they have over 130 pages dedicated to Leeds United.

https://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic....7853#p19067853
    No surprise you have a knowledge of another teams board.

Banned

[QUOTE=Rogues Gallery;794410]I don't think it is. If you look on the Leeds RL fans site, you will see that they have over 130 pages dedicated to Leeds United.

God, Rogues your knowledge of websites is unsurpassed, didn't you discuss one called Punternet on here a while Back? 130 pages, that is like one of your spreadsheets on accademy players.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Just read on Sky sports that the EFL salary cap for leagues one and two, are considered by the PFA to be unlawful and unenforceable. It will be interesting to see how that develops and if there is any knock on effect to RL

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Just read on Sky sports that the EFL salary cap for leagues one and two, are considered by the PFA to be unlawful and unenforceable. It will be interesting to see how that develops and if there is any knock on effect to RL
    Depends on whether players and agents want to fight and pay-up current contracts in full risking bankrupting the game.

I think agents will influence current players.

If the game folds then there are no weak clubs for the agents to exploit going forward.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Depends on whether players and agents want to fight and pay-up current contracts in full risking bankrupting the game.

I think agents will influence current players.

If the game folds then there are no weak clubs for the agents to exploit going forward.
    Agents are parasitic scum who are destroying football.

Banned

The Clarke scum at the forefront of killing the game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    The Clarke scum at the forefront of killing the game.
    In football it's the 'super agents' - arseholes like Raiola, Mendes, Joorabchian.

They manipulate moves of their players to pocket a cut of the fee

It was reported that Timo Werner's move to Chelsea resulted in Chelsea paying his agent €12m.

That is morally indefensible.

Football authorities should bring in rules where only players themselves are allowed to pay agents and club payments are banned totally.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    In football it's the 'super agents' - arseholes like Raiola, Mendes, Joorabchian.

It was reported that Timo Werner's move to Chelsea resulted in Chelsea paying his agent €12m.

Football authorities should bring in rules where only players themselves are allowed to pay agents and club payments are banned totally.
    Its the same in every single thing, if there are no restrictions people will get away with anything, best thing they can do is limit what the agent can get to 10% of the transfer fee, at least then there is an element of control.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post

Raiola is worth more than 50 million, or rather he posses that much, he isn't worth the time of day. Him and his brother have both previously been banned in Italy.