Jungle Out There Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Super League to return in August

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    TotalRL were reporting yesterday that the season will end in November.
    Thanks for that, I hadn't seen it, I also have just been reading that the Chief Executive of Rugby Union says that they are "open" to the concept of Rugby becoming a Summer sport, how original! together with their version of the 40 / 20 rule being trialled, is there anything that they've not stolen from Rugby League

Learning All The Songs Angry Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Thanks for that, I hadn't seen it, I also have just been reading that the Chief Executive of Rugby Union says that they are "open" to the concept of Rugby becoming a Summer sport, how original! together with their version of the 40 / 20 rule being trialled, is there anything that they've not stolen from Rugby League
    The Sky commentary team unfortunately.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    The Sky commentary team unfortunately.
    They'd probably send us Stuart Barnes in return

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    I also have just been reading that the Chief Executive of Rugby Union says that they are "open" to the concept of Rugby becoming a Summer sport
    Not sure it was on this thread or another, but I mentioned that this could be a smart move for them and a bad one for us. Most people that follow RU watch the internationals, so for the club season to be bookended by the Six Nations before and the Autumn Tests or World Cup at the end makes sense. It prevents clubs playing when internationals are on, and would allow RU to exist for stretches of the year when football isn't played. It makes perfect sense for them, but could be bad for us because they would diminish what little coverage we get even further over the summer months, and could make Sky think twice about us being the sport they use to fill the schedules in May-August.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    It says in the League Express clubs will receive there full money from sky for the rest of this year providing the game starts again in August
    Next year clubs are looking at a short fall of around 140 grand per club and they say theve heard of a number of high profile players who are out of contract this year who have been offered significantly reduced new contracts by clubs
    Hence the drive to reduce the salary cap, so that the dregs can continue to drag the rest down to their level.

Learning All The Songs Angry Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Hence the drive to reduce the salary cap, so that the dregs can continue to drag the rest down to their level.
    #yorkshireclubsmatter