Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Fickle Fans

Noooobie

Default Fickle Fans

Some of the posts I read on this forum make me sick.
    The UK and world in general is on its knees from COVID. Yet I read we should be buying "x" "y" and "z". What with?
    No income coming into the club yet outgoings to still pay (perhaps reduced) but even if we restart the season - no matchday income.

Then it's open season to slag players off. Luke Thompson leaving, links to new players coming in - already written off by some and the quality of the young lads - OMG!

Then - to cap it all - Josh Jones prop forward!

Banned

If you want intellecutual conversation about carpets and rent you need to link up with our resident Wiganner. We all know what is going on in the world, but just maybe this gives us a bit of escapism.

Noooobie

Escapism? Perhaps realism....

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guardianreader View Post
    Escapism? Perhaps realism....
    The reality is that fans will still have an opinion about players, no matter what the state of the world is in.
    Obviously, there is going to be some belt tightening across the sport, but player transfer isn't going to stop, and clubs will (hopefully) be looking towards the future and to what sort of squad they can afford.

On Josh Jones. When he left Saints, I said to my mates that I didn't think the club would miss him.
    I still have that opinion.

Some of the posts I read on this forum make me sick.
    The UK and world in general is on its knees from COVID. Yet I read we should be buying "x" "y" and "z". What with?
    No income coming into the club yet outgoings to still pay (perhaps reduced) but even if we restart the season - no matchday income.
    Saints are about to announce a major signing. We've already seen one of the highest profile signings in SL history during lockdown with Greg Inglis going to Warrington. Several players are coming to the end of their contracts. Players will still be moving clubs, which makes it a perfectly valid topic of discussion.

Then it's open season to slag players off. Luke Thompson leaving, links to new players coming in - already written off by some and the quality of the young lads - OMG!
    Open season to slag which players off? Of course the odd poster will have a strong opinion but that is the nature of an internet forum - I've not seen any wholesale slagging off of anyone, certainly not Luke Thompson, which I think is what you were suggesting.

Then - to cap it all - Josh Jones prop forward!
    Some people will have different opinions from yours about a player's worth and potential position. It needn't make you sick.

In The South Stand

If this was Twitter I'd be dismissing this guy as a bot. 12 posts and throwing his opinions around.

This makes me suspect this is an Eammon McManus bot account, unleashed on the forum to try to make us lower our expectations.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Saints are about to announce a major signing. We've already seen one of the highest profile signings in SL history during lockdown with Greg Inglis going to Warrington. Several players are coming to the end of their contracts. Players will still be moving clubs, which makes it a perfectly valid topic of discussion.

Open season to slag which players off? Of course the odd poster will have a strong opinion but that is the nature of an internet forum - I've not seen any wholesale slagging off of anyone, certainly not Luke Thompson, which I think is what you were suggesting.

Some people will have different opinions from yours about a player's worth and potential position. It needn't make you sick.
    I don't know why you're even bothering. The posters user name tells me everything I need to know.

Saints fans are always like this. COVID19 has nothing to do with it.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    If this was Twitter I'd be dismissing this guy as a bot. 12 posts and throwing his opinions around.

This makes me suspect this is an Eammon McManus bot account, unleashed on the forum to try to make us lower our expectations.
    I was going to say it was Mike Rush but he has just done a press release on the official website, plus he is busy mowing the pitch. He is too busy for propaganda
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    I was going to say it was Mike Rush but he has just done a press release on the official website, plus he is busy mowing the pitch. He is too busy for propaganda
    I hope he isn't walking on the pitch pushing the mower, remember grass grows by the inch but is ruined by the foot.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    I hope he isn't walking on the pitch pushing the mower, remember grass grows by the inch but is ruined by the foot.
    He can pour the out of date "Saints Gold" on to it ................... then it`ll come up half cut.

I thought most posts have been pretty measured. I agree that Thommo shouldn’t have been bagged however anyone who has spent money at Saints watching him (indirectly by buying Sky for example) is entitled to their opinion.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post