Jungle Out There Banner
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 76

Thread: LMS to London

  1. #26
    In The South Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    4,183
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    ...But you may have hit this on the head.
    People are assuming that LMS is happy where he is, and his kids are settled in school.
    Now I don't know anything about his family life, or where his Mrs comes from, but I've met his father a couple of times who I'm guessing still live down South.
    Maybe the enforced restrictions under Covid 19 have made him re-think his family situation and how close he wants his kids to be to their grandparents etc?
    I would like him to stay a bit longer but totally get it if the above is actually part of his reasoning.
    Obviously, I'm making lots of assumptions here and we don't actually know if he's going yet!
    It wouldn't surprise me if that is the case and the Coronavirus Lockdown has tipped his plans to think about his larger family group down South. Signing for London is an opportunity but he also must have thought to gradually finish his career from where it began.

  2. #27
    Got A Season Ticket sinkers89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Age
    30
    Posts
    275
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I would hate to see him go. Always gives 100%. Even if it does sometimes end up in a brain fart.

    Plus, im sure all his kids have been born up here and isnt his Mrs from up here as well?

  3. #28
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    As an avid viewer of location location location and knowing Louie has at least three kids, relocating would cost a fortune. One year deal and his testimonial extended due to Covid. Last 4 years he has been good and solid. Before that he was lucky we kept him to be honest.

  4. #29
    Moderator Div's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sintellins
    Posts
    11,154
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    He was a bit of a late bloomer for me Louie.

    About 4 seasons ago he coud have left for me and I probably woud have chipped in for his fare.

    I have to say for the last few seasons he has been very good value certainly improved with age. He works hard and you can tell from the outside that he is good for the team camaraderie as well. Plays the game with a smile on his face ad winds up the opposition in the process.

    I always thought that dominant clubs let players go not when they have gone past their peak but prior to them reaching that stage. Im sure he could do a job for a year or so more but if we get a replacement that is younger and yet to peak that is the way to stay at the top for me.

  5. #30
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,602
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    He was a bit of a late bloomer for me Louie.

    About 4 seasons ago he coud have left for me and I probably woud have chipped in for his fare.

    I have to say for the last few seasons he has been very good value certainly improved with age. He works hard and you can tell from the outside that he is good for the team camaraderie as well. Plays the game with a smile on his face ad winds up the opposition in the process.

    I always thought that dominant clubs let players go not when they have gone past their peak but prior to them reaching that stage. Im sure he could do a job for a year or so more but if we get a replacement that is younger and yet to peak that is the way to stay at the top for me.
    I think a lot of the improvement came when he stopped playing as an out and out front row.

  6. #31
    Learning All The Songs Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,329
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    He was a bit of a late bloomer for me Louie.

    About 4 seasons ago he coud have left for me and I probably woud have chipped in for his fare.

    I have to say for the last few seasons he has been very good value certainly improved with age. He works hard and you can tell from the outside that he is good for the team camaraderie as well. Plays the game with a smile on his face ad winds up the opposition in the process.

    I always thought that dominant clubs let players go not when they have gone past their peak but prior to them reaching that stage. Im sure he could do a job for a year or so more but if we get a replacement that is younger and yet to peak that is the way to stay at the top for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I think a lot of the improvement came when he stopped playing as an out and out front row.
    I agree with both of you.

  7. #32
    In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,427
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post

    I always thought that dominant clubs let players go not when they have gone past their peak but prior to them reaching that stage. Im sure he could do a job for a year or so more but if we get a replacement that is younger and yet to peak that is the way to stay at the top for me.
    Obviously we are/were still early in the season but I’m not sure we should be letting him go voluntarily. He’s still contributing a lot in my opinion and is arguably in the best form of his career. If we lost Thompson, Taia, McCarthy-Scarsbrook and Amor in the space of one off-season, I think that’s too much quality and experience to let be letting go and trying to replace at one time. Signing three front rowers in one go would be tough. I’m not sold on Ashworth yet either in terms of front row options.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

  8. #33
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,694
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    Obviously we are/were still early in the season but Im not sure we should be letting him go voluntarily. Hes still contributing a lot in my opinion and is arguably in the best form of his career. If we lost Thompson, Taia, McCarthy-Scarsbrook and Amor in the space of one off-season, I think thats too much quality and experience to let be letting go and trying to replace at one time. Signing three front rowers in one go would be tough. Im not sold on Ashworth yet either in terms of front row options.
    Ashworth is off to Cas too it seems. And I've not read anywhere that Peyroux has signed a new deal yet either? Could be six forwards leave in one off season.

    Not bothering to sign anyone for this season seems a rather foolish move now. We could end up with some real dross on multi-year contracts through nothing other than having no other viable options.

  9. #34
    WARNING! WOLF FAN!

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    119
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Ashworth is off to Cas too it seems. And I've not read anywhere that Peyroux has signed a new deal yet either? Could be six forwards leave in one off season.

    Not bothering to sign anyone for this season seems a rather foolish move now. We could end up with some real dross on multi-year contracts through nothing other than having no other viable options.
    I think there will be a lot of players desperate for a contract come next season and some real bargains to be had, an unfortunate side effect of Covid from a players point of view but an opportunity for a savvy club.

  10. #35
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    castleford
    Posts
    331
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Has Ashworth not being able to get in your side much ,he looked a decent prospect to me when I first remember seeing him

  11. #36
    Learning All The Songs Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,329
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    Has Ashworth not being able to get in your side much ,he looked a decent prospect to me when I first remember seeing him
    He's played but has been crap to be honest and has apparently been in bother off the pitch. Looks to be carrying too much weight to me and seems to have an attitude problem.

  12. #37
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,791
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Ashworth blows very hot and cold. Seems to be a bit of a flat track bully who plays well against weaker sides but goes missing sometimes in big games especially when we're under pressure. There's talent there but consistency should be more regular in his game now he's hitting his mid twenties. He seems to have fell out of favour under Woolf so could be some truth in him leaving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

  13. #38
    Noooobie
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Jack Ashworth it Seems Some People Are Verry Knoledgeable on This Site ,But a few wouldn,t Know a Good Player they Tripped Over Them,Ashworth What a Prospect big Mistake if we Let Him go.

  14. #39
    Learning All The Songs Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,329
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by owl saint View Post
    Jack Ashworth it Seems Some People Are Verry Knoledgeable on This Site ,But a few wouldn,t Know a Good Player they Tripped Over Them,Ashworth What a Prospect big Mistake if we Let Him go.
    wow, just wow.

  15. #40
    Learning All The Songs Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,329
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Just seen the big fella out for his morning run, he looked in great condition to be fair to him.

  16. #41
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    3,677
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by owl saint View Post
    Jack Ashworth it Seems Some People Are Verry Knoledgeable on This Site ,But a few wouldn,t Know a Good Player they Tripped Over Them,Ashworth What a Prospect big Mistake if we Let Him go.
    Great prospect?

    He's 24
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  17. #42
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    396
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Id take ashworth over amor. Plus we have alot of outgoing this year so we need to retain

  18. #43
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,602
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    He's played but has been crap to be honest and has apparently been in bother off the pitch. Looks to be carrying too much weight to me and seems to have an attitude problem.
    He has a bit of weight but doesn't run his weight when carrying the ball.

  19. #44
    Learning All The Songs Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,329
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    He has a bit of weight but doesn't run his weight when carrying the ball.
    True enough. I know I keep saying this but he's not a prop.

  20. #45
    In The South Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    4,183
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by owl saint View Post
    Jack Ashworth it Seems Some People Are Verry Knoledgeable on This Site ,But a few wouldn,t Know a Good Player they Tripped Over Them,Ashworth What a Prospect big Mistake if we Let Him go.
    I think we were looking at Joe Greenwood in a similar way, a big unit but lacking in aggression and performance consistency. This season should be the defining year for Jack, you could say we are desperate for him to succeed because he adds size to the pack, but the likes of Bentley and Knowles are much "bigger players".

  21. #46
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,602
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    True enough. I know I keep saying this but he's not a prop.
    Like you, I'd like to see him have a run at SR, and if he can't cut it Cas are welcome. Though, I haven't seen much to say he has the hands for SR

  22. #47
    Learning All The Songs Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,329
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Like you, I'd like to see him have a run at SR, and if he can't cut it Cas are welcome. Though, I haven't seen much to say he has the hands for SR
    In all honesty I don't think we'll see that and I get the feeling we'll cut our loses. It's not like he's a kid anymore and he just hasn't kicked on as expected. At one point I thought he'd be the better player out of him and Lees but even after his injury Lees is well ahead now.

  23. #48
    Got A Season Ticket sinkers89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Age
    30
    Posts
    275
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Only thing from him that stands out for me is him giving Tomkins a bit of biff against Catalans last season.

    Other than that, nothing to write home about.

  24. #49
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,602
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    In all honesty I don't think we'll see that and I get the feeling we'll cut our loses. It's not like he's a kid anymore and he just hasn't kicked on as expected. At one point I thought he'd be the better player out of him and Lees but even after his injury Lees is well ahead now.
    I was thinking earlier, I wish Lees had some of the weight Ashworth has.

  25. #50
    Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Moss Bank
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    According to his 'mate' BOB , he's going nowhere .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •