Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LMS to London

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    ...But you may have hit this on the head.
    People are assuming that LMS is happy where he is, and his kids are settled in school.
    Now I don't know anything about his family life, or where his Mrs comes from, but I've met his father a couple of times who I'm guessing still live down South.
    Maybe the enforced restrictions under Covid 19 have made him re-think his family situation and how close he wants his kids to be to their grandparents etc?
    I would like him to stay a bit longer but totally get it if the above is actually part of his reasoning.
    Obviously, I'm making lots of assumptions here and we don't actually know if he's going yet!
    It wouldn't surprise me if that is the case and the Coronavirus Lockdown has tipped his plans to think about his larger family group down South. Signing for London is an opportunity but he also must have thought to gradually finish his career from where it began.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

I would hate to see him go. Always gives 100%. Even if it does sometimes end up in a brain fart.

Plus, im sure all his kids have been born up here and isnt his Mrs from up here as well?

Banned

As an avid viewer of location location location and knowing Louie has at least three kids, relocating would cost a fortune. One year deal and his testimonial extended due to Covid. Last 4 years he has been good and solid. Before that he was lucky we kept him to be honest.

He was a bit of a late bloomer for me Louie.

About 4 seasons ago he coud have left for me and I probably woud have chipped in for his fare.

I have to say for the last few seasons he has been very good value certainly improved with age. He works hard and you can tell from the outside that he is good for the team camaraderie as well. Plays the game with a smile on his face ad winds up the opposition in the process.

I always thought that dominant clubs let players go not when they have gone past their peak but prior to them reaching that stage. Im sure he could do a job for a year or so more but if we get a replacement that is younger and yet to peak that is the way to stay at the top for me.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post

About 4 seasons ago he coud have left for me and I probably woud have chipped in for his fare.

I have to say for the last few seasons he has been very good value certainly improved with age. He works hard and you can tell from the outside that he is good for the team camaraderie as well. Plays the game with a smile on his face ad winds up the opposition in the process.

I always thought that dominant clubs let players go not when they have gone past their peak but prior to them reaching that stage. Im sure he could do a job for a year or so more but if we get a replacement that is younger and yet to peak that is the way to stay at the top for me.
    I think a lot of the improvement came when he stopped playing as an out and out front row.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I think a lot of the improvement came when he stopped playing as an out and out front row.
    I agree with both of you.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Obviously we are/were still early in the season but I’m not sure we should be letting him go voluntarily. He’s still contributing a lot in my opinion and is arguably in the best form of his career. If we lost Thompson, Taia, McCarthy-Scarsbrook and Amor in the space of one off-season, I think that’s too much quality and experience to let be letting go and trying to replace at one time. Signing three front rowers in one go would be tough. I’m not sold on Ashworth yet either in terms of front row options.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    Obviously we are/were still early in the season but I’m not sure we should be letting him go voluntarily. He’s still contributing a lot in my opinion and is arguably in the best form of his career. If we lost Thompson, Taia, McCarthy-Scarsbrook and Amor in the space of one off-season, I think that’s too much quality and experience to let be letting go and trying to replace at one time. Signing three front rowers in one go would be tough. I’m not sold on Ashworth yet either in terms of front row options.
    Ashworth is off to Cas too it seems. And I've not read anywhere that Peyroux has signed a new deal yet either? Could be six forwards leave in one off season.

Not bothering to sign anyone for this season seems a rather foolish move now. We could end up with some real dross on multi-year contracts through nothing other than having no other viable options.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Ashworth is off to Cas too it seems. And I've not read anywhere that Peyroux has signed a new deal yet either? Could be six forwards leave in one off season.

Not bothering to sign anyone for this season seems a rather foolish move now. We could end up with some real dross on multi-year contracts through nothing other than having no other viable options.
    I think there will be a lot of players desperate for a contract come next season and some real bargains to be had, an unfortunate side effect of Covid from a players point of view but an opportunity for a savvy club.

Got A Season Ticket

Has Ashworth not being able to get in your side much ,he looked a decent prospect to me when I first remember seeing him

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    Has Ashworth not being able to get in your side much ,he looked a decent prospect to me when I first remember seeing him
    He's played but has been crap to be honest and has apparently been in bother off the pitch. Looks to be carrying too much weight to me and seems to have an attitude problem.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Ashworth blows very hot and cold. Seems to be a bit of a flat track bully who plays well against weaker sides but goes missing sometimes in big games especially when we're under pressure. There's talent there but consistency should be more regular in his game now he's hitting his mid twenties. He seems to have fell out of favour under Woolf so could be some truth in him leaving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Noooobie

Jack Ashworth it Seems Some People Are Verry Knoledgeable on This Site ,But a few wouldn,t Know a Good Player they Tripped Over Them,Ashworth What a Prospect big Mistake if we Let Him go.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by owl saint View Post
    Jack Ashworth it Seems Some People Are Verry Knoledgeable on This Site ,But a few wouldn,t Know a Good Player they Tripped Over Them,Ashworth What a Prospect big Mistake if we Let Him go.
    wow, just wow.

Banned

Just seen the big fella out for his morning run, he looked in great condition to be fair to him.

Great prospect?

He's 24

Banned

Id take ashworth over amor. Plus we have alot of outgoing this year so we need to retain

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    He's played but has been crap to be honest and has apparently been in bother off the pitch. Looks to be carrying too much weight to me and seems to have an attitude problem.
    He has a bit of weight but doesn't run his weight when carrying the ball.

Banned

He has a bit of weight but doesn't run his weight when carrying the ball.
    True enough. I know I keep saying this but he's not a prop.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I think we were looking at Joe Greenwood in a similar way, a big unit but lacking in aggression and performance consistency. This season should be the defining year for Jack, you could say we are desperate for him to succeed because he adds size to the pack, but the likes of Bentley and Knowles are much "bigger players".

True enough. I know I keep saying this but he's not a prop.
    Like you, I'd like to see him have a run at SR, and if he can't cut it Cas are welcome. Though, I haven't seen much to say he has the hands for SR

Banned

Like you, I'd like to see him have a run at SR, and if he can't cut it Cas are welcome. Though, I haven't seen much to say he has the hands for SR
    In all honesty I don't think we'll see that and I get the feeling we'll cut our loses. It's not like he's a kid anymore and he just hasn't kicked on as expected. At one point I thought he'd be the better player out of him and Lees but even after his injury Lees is well ahead now.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Only thing from him that stands out for me is him giving Tomkins a bit of biff against Catalans last season.

Other than that, nothing to write home about.

In all honesty I don't think we'll see that and I get the feeling we'll cut our loses. It's not like he's a kid anymore and he just hasn't kicked on as expected. At one point I thought he'd be the better player out of him and Lees but even after his injury Lees is well ahead now.
    I was thinking earlier, I wish Lees had some of the weight Ashworth has.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

According to his 'mate' BOB , he's going nowhere .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would