Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: LMS to London

Billinge, on the front line with the enemy.

Default LMS to London

Was told yesterday that LMS has signed for London for next year, anyone else heard the same?

I think that would be a shame. He's been very good for the last couple of years and still has more to offer IMO.

Learning All The Songs

A few years ago this wouldn't have bothered me but he has been a key player in recent seasons.

In The South Stand

Hope it's not the case. If he has that's a shame but good luck to the guy.
    He has played really well the last few seasons and could easily have had another good year next season.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by parrsaint View Post
    Hope it's not the case. If he has that's a shame but good luck to the guy.
    He has played really well the last few seasons and could easily have had another good year next season.
    I would be very surprised that he'd give up his lifestyle up here in particular the locality that he lives in and appears to relish, an eventual move down a division perhaps but still up here

Banned

He signed 2 year deal last year didnt he

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    He signed 2 year deal last year didnt he
    He's out of contract at the end of this season.

Would be a blow to lose LMS. He became a key figure of the pack under Holbrook and his character and enthusiasm makes him crucial to the dressing room I think. He'll be a tough one to replace if he did go.

Thompson leaving, LMS and the likes of Taia, Amor and Roby coming to the end of their careers it could be a very busy and crucial period of recruitment for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Can’t see it.
    I’m sure he had a recent interview where he was asked about the possibility of rejoining London at the end of his career but he said he and is family are now settled here.

He was also the so called the top trainer in pre season so I can’t see a reason as to why Woolf would want to offload him.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I could see that 2 years down the line. But right now he ia a bit of an inspirational player when he comes off the bench.
    I'm sure I saw an interview with him on Saints TV where he more or less said, that he is up here to stay after rugby. Mind you I know those things can change.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

He definitely found his best role coming off the bench, brings a lot of speed, energy and footwork when he comes on the pitch. He’s probably been in and around career best form this last couple of years so I don’t know why he’d want to step down and play in the Championship just yet.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Sounds about right, its expected we will lose 4 players for the 2021 season, we could end up with a big solid front row and a smaller but more mobile back row. Like to see Matty Lees put on another 5kg but keep his leg speed, needs to do more metres and tackle busts next season similar to the attributes of LMS.

Learning All The Songs

Latest Rumour for me is Ben Currie is signing for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    I don't like writing players off, as you never know what is down to long term problems and what is down to something else, but Currie has looked half the player he was before his ACL injuries.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Where have you heard that? The only place I've seen that is the Warrington forum on RLFANS. He's awful, if we release LMS and sign him we genuinely might as well re-sign Jack Owens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I don't like writing players off, as you never know what is down to long term problems and what is down to something else, but Currie has looked half the player he was before his ACL injuries.
    I agree, he doesn't seem to be the same play since that happened. However players have changed their style of play as a result of knee injuries, such as Sean Long, others have faded away.

It is worth pointing out that he is Warringtons top tackler and 6th in Super League so he is definitely a big contributor.

He has certainly been a good player and if he can find his form would be a good signing. As with everything in the salary cap era, it is not a yes or a no but how much money is he on.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    I agree, he doesn't seem to be the same play since that happened. However players have changed their style of play as a result of knee injuries, such as Sean Long, others have faded away.

It is worth pointing out that he is Warringtons top tackler and 6th in Super League so he is definitely a big contributor.

He has certainly been a good player and if he can find his form would be a good signing. As with everything in the salary cap era, it is not a yes or a no but how much money is he on.
    Sometimes a change of club creates a change of fortune, he does have those basic skills and looked like a player who lost confidence after those injury spells. We have had lots of players who have years of injury spells but have then gone on to have a few years injury free, maybe Currie could be one of those type of players, wishful thinking or taking a risk, might be worth a punt if the availability is true.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Sometimes a change of club creates a change of fortune, he does have those basic skills and looked like a player who lost confidence after those injury spells. We have had lots of players who have years of injury spells but have then gone on to have a few years injury free, maybe Currie could be one of those type of players, wishful thinking or taking a risk, might be worth a punt if the availability is true.
    The difference between someone up to it and not can be very slight and injuries can make all the difference. That being said we have had a few players come to us past their prime. Sean Hoppe was a shadow of his best but was still a great player, Willie Manu wasn't the explosive try scorer he was at Hull but added a lot to our pack, and Zeb Taia hasn't be running in tries from the half way line like he did in his prime at Catalans but is still one of our best players. Paul Anderson may have been better at Saints after his weight cut needed to extend his career after a nasty knee injury transformed him as a player. However for ever success story there is a Josh Perry, Anthony Laffranchi or Lance Hohaia.

There are risks in any contract and any change of club. In the end you have to adapt as a player as you body matures, injuries just speed up the need to adapt.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Where have you heard that? The only place I've seen that is the Warrington forum on RLFANS. He's awful, if we release LMS and sign him we genuinely might as well re-sign Jack Owens.
    A Warrington fan I work with mentioned it a few weeks back only a rumour I'm afraid.

In The South Stand

I certainly hope that LMS is staying with Saints. If he's going, it reinforces my feeling that players are not happy under Mr Woolfe.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Seems unlikely, with kids in school I would presume he's very settled here now

In The South Stand

Would happily give LMS one more year but nothing more than that.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Seems unlikely, with kids in school I would presume he's very settled here now
    Kids probably back in school after LMS retires with covid19.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    Kids probably back in school after LMS retires with covid19.
    I know you didn't mean it that way but that comes across wrong.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I know you didn't mean it that way but that comes across wrong.
    Yep, not meant that way... Apologies for my awful grammar.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    Yep, not meant that way... Apologies for my awful grammar.
    ...But you may have hit this on the head.
    People are assuming that LMS is happy where he is, and his kids are settled in school.
    Now I don't know anything about his family life, or where his Mrs comes from, but I've met his father a couple of times who I'm guessing still live down South.
    Maybe the enforced restrictions under Covid 19 have made him re-think his family situation and how close he wants his kids to be to their grandparents etc?
    I would like him to stay a bit longer but totally get it if the above is actually part of his reasoning.
    Obviously, I'm making lots of assumptions here and we don't actually know if he's going yet!