Jungle Out There Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 74 of 74

Thread: Greg Inglis - Signed for Warrington

  1. #51
    Got A Season Ticket undertheradar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    N-L-W
    Posts
    481
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Nothing more than a publicity stunt. If theyd have signed him 6 or 7 years ago, it might be a different story but hes knackered.

    As a few have alluded to on here, he admitted that his body was wrecked and Im not sure a few months out will have changed that.

    He will definitely add a few onto the gate at the Geri Halliwell. They may even break the 6k barrier for a play off game


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #52
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    979
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Is the Lad they got from Union not upto scratch then? (Luther Burrell)

  3. #53
    In The South Stand Webbo Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    3,829
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Is she any better than him? More mobile, less mouth??

    Dunno, but if she likes flopping onto men as much as her husband does...
    I f*cking hate wi*an.

  4. #54
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bolton
    Posts
    404
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Wow. Rogues has managed to Wigans academy and Shaun Wane mentioned in a Greg Inglis to Warrington thread.

    Fair play old chap, youre consistent Ill give you that haha

    And the icing on the cake ( oops sorry daddies sauce on the pie) - Mentioned in the most glowing terms !

  5. #55
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Just seen the interview with him on youtube by carney ,hes got time to loose all that beef,he looks like my sons hamster who pouches any food we give him in hes cheeks ,exceptional talent though !

  6. #56
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,537
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    He has been a great player, but signing him at this time smacks more of Warrington's desperation rather than ambition.

  7. #57
    Learning All The Songs Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,148
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chalfie View Post
    Just seen the interview with him on youtube by carney ,hes got time to loose all that beef,he looks like my sons hamster who pouches any food we give him in hes cheeks ,exceptional talent though !
    For anyone that hasn't seen it.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZgDOYR_xXo

    He looks like he's been working in a kebab shop and being paid in doner meat. I don't doubt he'll still cause some problems if he can get fit but he has a job on.

  8. #58
    Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Sintellins Metropolis
    Posts
    800
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    One of the mates thought it was Matty Bowen!
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

  9. #59
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    3,593
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    For anyone that hasn't seen it.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZgDOYR_xXo

    He looks like he's been working in a kebab shop and being paid in doner meat. I don't doubt he'll still cause some problems if he can get fit but he has a job on.
    He looks way out of shape. He's a lot of work to do and he best get cracking
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  10. #60
    WARNING! WOLF FAN!

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    112
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    He looks way out of shape. He's a lot of work to do and he best get cracking
    Plenty of time he has signed for next season not this.

  11. #61
    Learning All The Songs Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,148
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    Plenty of time he has signed for next season not this.

  12. #62
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Newton le willows
    Posts
    548
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Inglis

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Thats so funny lol 😂😂😂

  13. #63
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    3,593
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha very good
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  14. #64
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    3,593
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    Plenty of time he has signed for next season not this.
    He does have plenty of time but he's not a little half back. Around 17 stone playing weight, believe me, he will have to start asap & train extremely hard
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  15. #65
    Learning All The Songs Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,148
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    He does have plenty of time but he's not a little half back. Around 17 stone playing weight, believe me, he will have to start asap & train extremely hard
    Aye, plus age being a factor, something I'm only too aware of as I struggle with any kind of fitness at the moment.

    I'm actually looking forward to seeing him play because he was a fabulous player but also part of me wants him to be crap obviously.

  16. #66
    WARNING! WOLF FAN!

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    112
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Aye, plus age being a factor, something I'm only too aware of as I struggle with any kind of fitness at the moment.

    I'm actually looking forward to seeing him play because he was a fabulous player but also part of me wants him to be crap obviously.
    To be fair that is probably the view of most opposition fans, certainly I felt that way about Barba, turned out all 3 applied to him. Not much cop when he arrived, on fire first half of the next season and couldn’t tackle a plate of mushy peas by the end!

  17. #67
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    3,593
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    If he's fit, focused & happy, Wire will have one hell of a player. He has too much ability not to do well in SL.
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  18. #68
    WARNING! PIE EATER!

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,211
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    If he's fit, focused & happy, Wire will have one hell of a player. He has too much ability not to do well in SL.
    Agree, I'm really looking forward to seeing him play (except against Wigan)

  19. #69
    WARNING! WOLF FAN!

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    112
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I’m hoping more Meninga than Vegas!

  20. #70
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    near leigh
    Posts
    2,675
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    It is another " he was a good in " insult to the British Rugby League.

  21. #71
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Blatherings on 13 Pro-Am podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service
    Posts
    8,220
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Unfortunately I think he has underestimated the toughness of Superleague and won't play more than 6 games due to recurring injures at his age. Look forward to seeing him and Folau though at TWS.
    Learned comment from The Don

  22. #72
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    369
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Unfortunately I think he has underestimated the toughness of Superleague and won't play more than 6 games due to recurring injures at his age. Look forward to seeing him and Folau though at TWS.
    Phil Gould tweeted it would be a lot easier over here for him

  23. #73
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    3,593
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mufcsaint View Post
    Phil Gould tweeted it would be a lot easier over here for him
    Big fan of SL Phil Gould....
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  24. #74
    Learning All The Songs Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,148
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mufcsaint View Post
    Phil Gould tweeted it would be a lot easier over here for him

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •