Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: James Tamou

Quote Originally Posted by WidnesExile View Post
    I'm not sure I totally agree with this. I don't think he's improved enough. I like what he offers but we were all hoping for a Bateman and he's not going to be that good.

I think second row is going to be our biggest headache going forward.
    Fair enough WE. Yep I don't think he will get to Bateman's level although that guy is an exceptional talent.

Yes, second row could be a problem for us for a few seasons. Wouldn't mind Currie if the rumours are true obviously. I'm just hoping Bentley can continue to be effective from the bench as a 2nd rower on either side

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Fair enough WE. Yep I don't think he will get to Bateman's level although that guy is an exceptional talent.

Yes, second row could be a problem for us for a few seasons. Wouldn't mind Currie if the rumours are true obviously. I'm just hoping Bentley can continue to be effective from the bench as a 2nd rower on either side
    Would you really take a punt on Currie? I'd prefer McMeekan who's also available.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Would you really take a punt on Currie? I'd prefer McMeekan who's also available.
    Its a strange one for McMeekan not really a 100% effort player in a game, sometimes hides, I'm assuming that's why he hasn't got an extension with Cas yet. Currie has a better pedigree and has a strike rate much better, it's all done to that injury risk though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Its a strange one for McMeekan not really a 100% effort player in a game, sometimes hides, I'm assuming that's why he hasn't got an extension with Cas yet. Currie has a better pedigree and has a strike rate much better, it's all done to that injury risk though.
    I can't disagree with any of that but as Ian Brown said "it where you're at, not where you're from".

Yes I'd prefer McMeekan but I think he will go to Warrington

Banned

I dont get the fuss with mcmeeken. He had a great 2017, ok 2018 but was that poor last year he got dropped in alot of matches. Currie is good but also very very injury prone plus with him being from wigan i think he will end up their. Id still be pushing for jones even if we have to pay a fee. If not him see what available in oz

Banned

Yes I'd prefer McMeekan but I think he will go to Warrington
    True, they've got £45m left on their cap.

True, they've got £45m left on their cap.
    I think they have a little more than that!

Banned

Tamou doesn't look great at all.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Not great today, under 100m in 40 minutes played. Lots of big forward performances from others

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Saving himself for November maybe!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Saving himself for November maybe!
    Good man.

In The South Stand

Thought he was very poor this morning. Though from what I saw of the game, Newcastle were in the ascendency.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Thought he was very poor this morning. Though from what I saw of the game, Newcastle were in the ascendency.
    It was a strange game I thought, Newcastle done very well considering.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Not great today, under 100m in 40 minutes played. Lots of big forward performances from others

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Good player is Tamou but has a habit of going missing in games - particularly when he was at the Cowboys. We don’t want that. Of the two, James Graham would be a far better option.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Saint View Post
    Good player is Tamou but has a habit of going missing in games - particularly when he was at the Cowboys. We don’t want that. Of the two, James Graham would be a far better option.
    Both Tamou and Graham are years past prime although would do a solid job. Probably better looking at some frustrated / club fall out project. Josh Kerr from the Dragons would go better.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saint in Queensland View Post
    Both Tamou and Graham are years past prime although would do a solid job. Probably better looking at some frustrated / club fall out project. Josh Kerr from the Dragons would go better.
    I managed to watch all the NRL games this weekend & most of them were played at a very fast pace. I thought Graham looked pedestrian for St George and didn't come back on after his first half stint (I don't think). Putting sentiment aside, I don't think Graham would be VFM presuming he would want a fair wedge of money. JT would be less of a gamble IMO considering he is 5 years younger but still a gamble.

In The South Stand

Having watched both, neither would be a particularly good signing.

But the lack of forward planning with the squad has left us in a position very similar to where we were under Cunningham. We're going to have to sign some utter dross just to fill first team spots at this rate. Graham and Tamou don't fall into that category, but neither is a great signing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post

But the lack of forward planning with the squad has left us in a position very similar to where we were under Cunningham. We're going to have to sign some utter dross just to fill first team spots at this rate. Graham and Tamou don't fall into that category, but neither is a great signing.

It's not a lack forward planning, rather a lack of available options that would be better than what we have. I don't think anyone envisaged Taia going round again this year but he played so well in 2019 that to improve on what he offered would have needed a major investment. With a new coach coming in, it was thought better to provide some stability and let Woolf assess what exactly it is he wants/needs for 2021 through the 2020 season.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Lots of other super league teams in the same boat, not really any good British youngsters coming through, so we are not alone with a quality forward pack in the next 2 years.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    It's not a lack forward planning, rather a lack of available options that would be better than what we have. I don't think anyone envisaged Taia going round again this year but he played so well in 2019 that to improve on what he offered would have needed a major investment. With a new coach coming in, it was thought better to provide some stability and let Woolf assess what exactly it is he wants/needs for 2021 through the 2020 season.
    A one way flight home?

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

It doesn’t have to be that way though, we don’t have to release loads of players at once. Thompson will obviously need replacing and I think Taia will more than likely retire. Everyone else is good enough to do another season though and we can change the squad gradually over a couple of years rather than doing it all at once.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Lots of other super league teams in the same boat, not really any good British youngsters coming through, so we are not alone with a quality forward pack in the next 2 years.
    I was thinking this the other day. Then you look at the NRL over the last few years with Turbo, Addo-Carr, Wighton, Croft, it's pretty scary

Banned

I was thinking this the other day. Then you look at the NRL over the last few years with Turbo, Addo-Carr, Wighton, Croft, it's pretty scary
    We're starting to reap what we've sown in regards to player development. IE, it's mainly been shit apart from a few clubs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    It doesn’t have to be that way though, we don’t have to release loads of players at once. Thompson will obviously need replacing and I think Taia will more than likely retire. Everyone else is good enough to do another season though and we can change the squad gradually over a couple of years rather than doing it all at once.
    Exactly. Who do we really have to fear? The daunting ‘potenshul’ of Hull FC and their 5th place finishes? Warrington and their Leagueless 65 years? The reality is that leaves Wigan who are wont be any further ahead of us and Leeds who are also rebuilding. Saddened may want to slate the club and wet his knickers every week because say, Hull had a decent win at Huddersfield but the reality is tge League is poor in quality and many teams will be looking inwards as opposed a ton of options elsewhere.