Jungle Out There Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: Luke Bateman

  1. #1
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Luke Bateman

    Reported Taking time out from the Raiders and the game with a knee problem.

  2. #2
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,695
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Never heard of him. Is he any good?

  3. #3
    Got A Season Ticket JBT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Haydock, St.Helens
    Posts
    166
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Who the **** is that??
    Jordan "B**tard" Turner!

  4. #4
    Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,103
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Never heard of him. Is he any good?
    Prop for Canberra

  5. #5
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,614
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Not sure why an injured NRL player no one know is of interest.

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Macclesfield
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,295
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    I was about the edit the thread title then realised this is actually about some Aussie prop.

    Ah well, I'll come back and edit once we're on page 25 and the thread is all about Paul Loughlin.

  7. #7
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Parrer View Post
    Reported Taking time out from the Raiders and the game with a knee problem.
    So sorry to much time locked up, got the wrong Bateman, but John still out with a shoulder problem.

  8. #8
    In The South Stand Webbo Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    3,888
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    John Bateman is having to have a further operation on his shoulder.

    He punches well above his weight and throws himself into tackles; I wonder if this is taking a toll on his body now?
    I f*cking hate wi*an.

  9. #9
    Got A Replica Shirt Jack Reacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    WA10
    Posts
    92
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    John Bateman is having to have a further operation on his shoulder.

    He punches well above his weight and throws himself into tackles; I wonder if this is taking a toll on his body now?
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...292ba3617aa91f

    On his way home according to this

  10. #10
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,683
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Reacher View Post
    On that kind of money he's got to be a marquee signing ?

  11. #11
    In The South Stand Webbo Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    3,888
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    He basically drove them to the title in 2018.

    But can the piescum paupers afford him? I don't mean Cap-wise, I mean just money-wise?

    If they do, I hope his shoulder is permafu**ed.
    I f*cking hate wi*an.

  12. #12
    Learning All The Songs Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,343
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I thought the tramps were skint?

  13. #13
    In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,255
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    It's funny the NRL whining about contracts, they don't seem to mind when SL gets the rough end of the stick.

  14. #14
    Learning All The Songs RJM25R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Royton, Oldham
    Posts
    1,258
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Reacher View Post
    Several NRL teams looking at him as well.....
    Posted by paulscnthorpe
    Thompson made more metres than Isa, clubb, Byrne, partington, o loughlin, Powell and flower combined

    Posted by SaintJon
    And he only played 50 minutes...

  15. #15
    WARNING! PIE EATER!

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,254
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I thought the tramps were skint?
    Fake news but because a few have posted it without knowing the facts some believe it.

    I think one of those "in the know" posted on here a bit ago that Lenagan was selling Wigan to pay his tax debts.

    Back to Bateman I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him back at Wigan after what I was told last year.
    Last edited by Rogues Gallery; 3rd June 2020 at 18:56.

  16. #16
    Starting A Programme Collection undertheradar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    N-L-W
    Posts
    504
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Fake news but because a few have posted it without knowing the facts some believe it.

    I think one of those "in the know" posted on here a bit ago that Lenagan was selling Wigan to pay his tax debts.

    Back to Bateman I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him back at Wigan after what I was told last year.
    Do Wigan have first refusal?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,078
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    On that kind of money he's got to be a marquee signing ?
    If Wigan want to sign him on a massive marquee contract, let them.
    Great player but would you want to use your marquee on a second row? Canberra obviously dont want to make the large space on the cap for him despite him doing well over there.

    In regards to whether Wigan can afford it, theyll have to put any carpet expenditure on hold for now.

  18. #18
    In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,078
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    Do Wigan have first refusal?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From what I recall Radlinski told the fans that Bateman would be going back to Wigan at the end of the Canberra deal, Bateman then came out said he didn’t know anything about it. Nothing new Wigan mugging off their own fans.

  19. #19
    Learning All The Songs Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,343
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Fake news but because a few have posted it without knowing the facts some believe it.

    I think one of those "in the know" posted on here a bit ago that Lenagan was selling Wigan to pay his tax debts.

    Back to Bateman I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him back at Wigan after what I was told last year.
    Aye, well I'll take what you say with a pinch of salt too.

  20. #20
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    3,684
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Fake news but because a few have posted it without knowing the facts some believe it.

    I think one of those "in the know" posted on here a bit ago that Lenagan was selling Wigan to pay his tax debts.

    Back to Bateman I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him back at Wigan after what I was told last year.
    I would be very surprised to see Bateman back at Wigan.

    If he comes back, he will go to Leeds I think.

    However, I think he will stay in Aus
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  21. #21
    Learning All The Songs Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,343
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I would be very surprised to see Bateman back at Wigan.

    If he comes back, he will go to Leeds I think.

    However, I think he will stay in Aus
    I must admit, it hardly seems likely that he's using the corona virus as an excuse and not seeing his daughter. Obviously he'll miss her but it isn't like she'd being flying over every other weekend. It seems to me like he's had a fall out with someone at Canberra or doesn't like the place. Who knows to be honest, I hope he doesn't go back to Wigan but there's potential for it I suppose, I don't spend my time obsessing over them so I'm not overly aware of their finances.

  22. #22
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    983
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    $3.5m deal is the rumoured numbers. Would love him at Saints; we need to rebuild the pack for 2021, and imagine how much it would wind the Goons up...

  23. #23
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,683
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    $3.5m deal is the rumoured numbers. Would love him at Saints; we need to rebuild the pack for 2021, and imagine how much it would wind the Goons up...
    He is no doubt a very good player,but is he worth 387k a year ? That is marquee player money and as good as he is,is he in that bracket ?

  24. #24
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    397
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    He is no doubt a very good player,but is he worth 387k a year ? That is marquee player money and as good as he is,is he in that bracket ?
    Tbh i rate him as the best sr in the world if i could choose i player to replace dancing dom or taia it would be him

  25. #25
    Learning All The Songs Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,343
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    He is no doubt a very good player,but is he worth 387k a year ? That is marquee player money and as good as he is,is he in that bracket ?
    We're losing Thompson and Roby probably won't be on marquee money so I don't see a problem. Where are we going to get better, that's the going rate for quality.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •