Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On This Day - 1955

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Correct. I think Charnley is a much better player
    Charnley is a very good player, perhaps not as good as Makinson or Tom Johnston but I'd have him third best in the league, Grace a close forth. Lineham is alright when he's running at his opposite number but he has the turning circle of the QE2, doesn't have great hands and loves himself.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Well if late attacks to the head as player is scoring a try is your idea of a joke then there is no help for you.

So snide head attacks are harmless.
    I interpreted “classless behaviour” as Lineham taking the mickey. Where have I said anything about attacks to the head (late or otherwise) being harmless. You could give Nadine Dorries lessons on how to take things out of context.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    I interpreted “classless behaviour” as Lineham taking the mickey. Where have I said anything about attacks to the head (late or otherwise) being harmless. You could give Nadine Dorries lessons on how to take things out of context.
    It was a shithouse challenge on Grace but I doubt most are bothered about him taking the ••••. We've had players do it before, especially to Wigan and I suspect most enjoyed it, I certainly did. You won the final last year, how means nothing now but if you think you were on the same planet last year you're miles off the mark.

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    Of course all Warrington fans want to get that particular monkey off our back, but it could be argued we are a very loyal bunch given the relative lack of success.
    Erm....5k for a sudden-death playoff game to get rid of that monkey, having just won the Challenge Cup. Loyalty indeed.
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

Banned

That is a bit unfair. Wire probably only have four thousand real fanatics and we are not that far ahead. These days asking people to pay twenty pounds plus for a televised game does not cut the mustard. Season tickets should either include those games or you get a buy one get one free ST offer. CC games the same up until the last eight. Away fans included in this by the way.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    That is a bit unfair. Wire probably only have four thousand real fanatics and we are not that far ahead. These days asking people to pay twenty pounds plus for a televised game does not cut the mustard. Season tickets should either include those games or you get a buy one get one free ST offer. CC games the same up until the last eight. Away fans included in this by the way.
    Why not? It seems to me people look for excuses not to go sometimes and expect everything for nothing. Although for the likes of ourselves I do think including the playoffs in a season ticket is a good idea, that said I doubt it would boost season ticket sales any.

Banned

The whole dynamic has changed Dave. Twenty five years ago walk up was King and season tickets rare. Premiership football changed that in it became sought after and priced me out for one.

Rugby League jumped on the season ticket carousel but many clubs dumbed it down and almost gave them away. I just think to take people with us we need to do something for away fans with season tickets and these early play off and CC games to put bums on seats. At KR Dave I spent nothing in the ground, at LP it's over a tenner each game so bums on seats does have a value at modern stadiums.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    The whole dynamic has changed Dave. Twenty five years ago walk up was King and season tickets rare. Premiership football changed that in it became sought after and priced me out for one.

Rugby League jumped on the season ticket carousel but many clubs dumbed it down and almost gave them away. I just think to take people with us we need to do something for away fans with season tickets and these early play off and CC games to put bums on seats. At KR Dave I spent nothing in the ground, at LP it's over a tenner each game so bums on seats does have a value at modern stadiums.
    Aye, fair enough, I see what you mean, although I'm not sure why people would go all season and not go to the play off's because they have to pay for it. They've paid for every other game they've been to so what's the difference. I know RL fans aren't generally overly well off but as you say, it's not like they're being asked to cough up football prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Aye, fair enough, I see what you mean, although I'm not sure why people would go all season and not go to the play off's because they have to pay for it. They've paid for every other game they've been to so what's the difference. I know RL fans aren't generally overly well off but as you say, it's not like they're being asked to cough up football prices.
    I know plenty of people like that Dave. Pay for a season ticket and don't bother with away games, challenge cup games or play offs

Banned

Back on topic the Orford answer to Sheps Boys Banjo Band is quiet. I can't imagine he has wrote a ditty to celebrate 65 years without the big one. Come to think of it maybe only Rogues is old enough to remember Wire winning it. He will have been in the boys pen with blue Bill getting his toffee money robbed by a guide from Glazebury.

Banned

I know plenty of people like that Dave. Pay for a season ticket and don't bother with away games, challenge cup games or play offs
    Fair enough. I pick and choose my games due to work, and I admit there's some I just can't be bothered with. I still don't really get why someone would watch all season to miss the most important games at the end. Everyone to their own I suppose.

Fair enough. I pick and choose my games due to work, and I admit there's some I just can't be bothered with. I still don't really get why someone would watch all season to miss the most important games at the end. Everyone to their own I suppose.
    It is absolutely bizarre to be honest.

Attend a nothing game against say Wakefield or Salford at home in the league but jib a home semi final against Wigan to get to the Grand Final because you have to pay?!

I have had a season ticket since the late 70's probably. In younger says done several seasons back to back without missing a game home or away. Used to die a the thought missing one but then you get other commitments I guess. Does anyone rememeber Brian Dillon die hard Saints fan? I swear he hadnt missed a game for about 40 years before he died after the cup draw at Wigan.

Given the structure of the season now unless you want to go on holiday between November and January missing a few league games is inevitable. I dont think my season ticket saves me anything these days because I generally miss a couple of home games for holidays , festivals, etc. I do try to plan holidays around the fixture list though to minimise missing too many. The only reason I get my season ticket now is due to having great seats virtually on half way back row so I can actually stand up - most expensive gold seat and my ar5e rarely touches it! Having stood on the halfway line Pop Side at KR I cant bear watching from behind the sticks.

Oh sorry I nearly forgot Happy 65th Anniversary Wire - may there be many more!

I'm the same as you. Friday night eliminator or Cup game at Wigan, Wire, or Leeds or Huddersfield at home 4 rounds in. I know which one I'd rather be at

Banned

I'm the same as you. Friday night eliminator or Cup game at Wigan, Wire, or Leeds or Huddersfield at home 4 rounds in. I know which one I'd rather be at
    Aaron Bower on twitter saying they are signing Greg Ingliss for next year