Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watching old games with a fresh pair of

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. Loughlin was absolutely a wingers centre who ran straight and timed his pass very well. Look at the tries he made for Quirk and the try he created out of nothing for Henderson Gill playing for GB.

He changed as a player when he broke his arm, but before that he was a shoe in for GB. Let's also not forget he's in the top 5 all time point scorers for our club

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    I was watching that game in a bar in Brussels with a bunch of Aussies. It was after a long drinking session and I really wound them up at the way Loughlin was cutting them apart.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. Loughlin was absolutely a wingers centre who ran straight and timed his pass very well. Look at the tries he made for Quirk and the try he created out of nothing for Henderson Gill playing for GB.

He changed as a player when he broke his arm, but before that he was a shoe in for GB. Let's also not forget he's in the top 5 all time point scorers for our club

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    He got most of those against Carlisle!

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I've realised just what a class act Longy was. Took him for granted when we had him
    Yeah likewise, incredible player. I’ve watched a few of the bigger games back over the last couple of weeks and he was either MOM or at least in the top 3 in the majority of them and really stood out. 2004 Challenge Cup Final was a masterclass.

His performances in big games were incredible really. 2002 Grand Final he kicked the drop goal at the end, Lance Todd trophy winner in 2001, 2004 and 2006. Also thought he was brilliant against Australia in 2006 when GB won.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    Yeah likewise, incredible player. I’ve watched a few of the bigger games back over the last couple of weeks and he was either MOM or at least in the top 3 in the majority of them and really stood out. 2004 Challenge Cup Final was a masterclass.

His performances in big games were incredible really. 2002 Grand Final he kicked the drop goal at the end, Lance Todd trophy winner in 2001, 2004 and 2006. Also thought he was brilliant against Australia in 2006 when GB won.
    He was someone that just got better with age, and while I agree about that game against the Aussies, I never thought he did himself justice on the international stage. Right now I think he would be the perfect counterweight to Woolf.