Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May 1st ooc

Banned

Default May 1st ooc

Dont no if anyone has read it yet, but as of may 1st any ooc player can start talking to other clubs. It looks like the deadline is gona be increased for obvious reasons. But who at st helens is ooc do we no?

From what ive gathered we have

Lms - keep
    Amor - unsure
    Ashworth - keep
    Taia - retire
    Paulo?
    Peryoux?

Anyone i may have missed?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    Dont no if anyone has read it yet, but as of may 1st any ooc player can start talking to other clubs. It looks like the deadline is gona be increased for obvious reasons. But who at st helens is ooc do we no?

Lms - keep
    Amor - unsure
    Ashworth - keep
    Taia - retire
    Paulo?
    Peryoux?

Thought Paulo was on a 3 year contract ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mufcsaint View Post
    Thought Paulo was on a 3 year contract ?
    Im sure hes on a 2but could be wrong. Hope hes on a 2 pains me everytime hes picked

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Im sure hes on a 2but could be wrong. Hope hes on a 2 pains me everytime hes picked
    This post will get a few votes.

Lms - keep
    Amor - unsure
    Ashworth - keep
    Taia - retire
    Paulo?
    Peryoux?

I'd keep Taia for another year if he's up for it. One outcome of the Coronavirus situation will be that the older players will have had an extended period of rest and recovery, and hopefully they'll get some benefit out of that. Peyroux's earned a contract in my book. I suspect Ashworth will be quietly allowed to move on given his off-the-field situation. Paulo can go if his contract is up. Like you, I'm unsure on Amor. His form is unpredictable and if you'd have asked me halfway through last season I'd have said no way, but at the end of last season and the start of this he's been very good. I'd be tempted to keep him if he wasn't too expensive.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I'd keep Taia for another year if he's up for it. One outcome of the Coronavirus situation will be that the older players will have had an extended period of rest and recovery, and hopefully they'll get some benefit out of that. Peyroux's earned a contract in my book. I suspect Ashworth will be quietly allowed to move on given his off-the-field situation. Paulo can go if his contract is up. Like you, I'm unsure on Amor. His form is unpredictable and if you'd have asked me halfway through last season I'd have said no way, but at the end of last season and the start of this he's been very good. I'd be tempted to keep him if he wasn't too expensive.
    Similar thoughts would keep LMS and Amor with Thompson leaving, would keep Tai and Peyroux as well, all 4 for another 12 months. As for Ashworth and Paulo not really done enough to make an impact and challenge to be in the first choice 17.

Banned

When's Woolfe's contract up?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post

Now now Dave

Noooobie

I would agree not to Paulo he has been a poor signing. Think he was the only mistake Justin made in his time at Saints. Ashworth is another Greg Richards for me made a good start in the first team, then switched off thinking he had made it. Sad he never kicked on.
    Woolf will have all his squad fit apart from Percy when Saints return. This will be the big test for him, not impressed at all up to know. Only argument is the injuries he has.
    Not the same team as 12 months ago.
    What has changed!!!
    The coach. Somes it up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Over The Hill Saint View Post
    I would agree not to Paulo he has been a poor signing. Think he was the only mistake Justin made in his time at Saints. Ashworth is another Greg Richards for me made a good start in the first team, then switched off thinking he had made it. Sad he never kicked on.
    Woolf will have all his squad fit apart from Percy when Saints return. This will be the big test for him, not impressed at all up to know. Only argument is the injuries he has.
    Not the same team as 12 months ago.
    What has changed!!!
    The coach. Somes it up for me.
    I think by the time we play again, Percy could have recovered 3 times over

Noooobie

Seen Amore Play in Reserve Game Before Lockdown Worst Player on the Field Jack Ashworth Stud out.I rest my case.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by owl saint View Post
    Seen Amore Play in Reserve Game Before Lockdown Worst Player on the Field Jack Ashworth Stud out.I rest my case.
    When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's..........
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

In The South Stand

Lms - Keep, make captain.
    Amor - Keep, unless we can sign someone clearly better for around the same cashola. We'll need depth once Luke has departed as whoever we sign will no doubt be pants.
    Ashworth - Keep, fire him up. He can be a great player, he just needs to realise he needs to turn in a solid effort every week and work on his game.
    Taia - Keep, if he's up for it for one more year, unless there is someone clearly better available. We will massively miss him when he goes.
    Paulo? - Release if his contract is up. There's a player in there but we've not seen enough.
    Peryoux - KEEP. Utterly bizarre that he's not signed yet. 8 year deal please, and give him his proper number back and retire it when he goes. Too soon for a statue outside the ground? I'm not sure, but he definitely deserves one. 5 star talent*****

Maybe we can evict Woolf during the uncertainty around this? Does anyone know if he stayed in the UK or fled back to the bush?

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Amor - Keep, unless we can sign someone clearly better for around the same cashola. We'll need depth once Luke has departed as whoever we sign will no doubt be pants.
    Ashworth - Keep, fire him up. He can be a great player, he just needs to realise he needs to turn in a solid effort every week and work on his game.
    Taia - Keep, if he's up for it for one more year, unless there is someone clearly better available. We will massively miss him when he goes.
    Paulo? - Release if his contract is up. There's a player in there but we've not seen enough.
    Peryoux - KEEP. Utterly bizarre that he's not signed yet. 8 year deal please, and give him his proper number back and retire it when he goes. Too soon for a statue outside the ground? I'm not sure, but he definitely deserves one. 5 star talent*****

Maybe we can evict Woolf during the uncertainty around this? Does anyone know if he stayed in the UK or fled back to the bush?
    Woolf was exercising with his kids round Eccleston last week.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post

I agreed apart fro LMS as captain, I'd go with Lomax. And a bit OTT with Peyroux but I'm guessing you're taking the ••••.

I agreed apart fro LMS as captain, I'd go with Lomax. And a bit OTT with Peyroux but I'm guessing you're taking the ••••.
    I'd go with Boyd Cordner. When he signs

In The South Stand

Depends what’s available but I’d be tempted to let one of LMS or Amor go if we can get someone in younger and of a reasonable standard. I was quite pleased we’d been linked to Mulhern at Hull KR and if we could get him in to replace either then I’d be happy with that business.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I'd go with Boyd Cordner. When he signs
    Is he your man crush?

Is he your man crush?
    I'd say so. Him & Tedesco

In The South Stand

Only partially. I have a lot of love for both of them, particularly King Dom the Magnificent.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I'd say so. Him & Tedesco
    Makinson is mine. And Jodie Cunningham.

Makinson is mine. And Jodie Cunningham.
    Oh my gf loves Makinson. "The good looking one who takes ball in more than the 2nd rowers" she says.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Watching the re-runs of Saints games from last season I was thinking "can someone please show these to Wolfe"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    Watching the re-runs of Saints games from last season I was thinking "can someone please show these to Wolfe"
    I know, I watched the Good Friday game from last year a couple of days ago. It's so bloody annoying to see the potential the team has and Woolfe has messed around with that. As I've said previously, I hope he's used this time off to do a re-evaluation of things, we should be almost at full strength and playing on harder pitches by the time we return. I hate to say this but I'm not sure we'll be any different style wise.