Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Guardian Article

Got A Season Ticket

Default Guardian Article

Rugby league clubs are the beating heart of their community and must survive

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/bl...-must-survive?

Nice article and reference to the Saints Foundation

Thought provoking article by Liew and follows on from Hudgells comments yesterday. It's going to need Government, Broadcasters, Clubs and the two League bodies, to try to come together and agree a way through this, but don't hold your breath.

Things will change no doubt about that, but it's hard to see any positive outcomes for the wider RL clubs at this moment in time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    Thought provoking article by Liew and follows on from Hudgells comments yesterday. It's going to need Government, Broadcasters, Clubs and the two League bodies, to try to come together and agree a way through this, but don't hold your breath.

Things will change no doubt about that, but it's hard to see any positive outcomes for the wider RL clubs at this moment in time.
    I'm not being funny, the government have bigger problems and they can't sort those out so I doubt there's much hope for RL receiving much help.

That's why I mentioned 'don't hold your breath'. It was in this article by Bower yesterday, regarding Hudgell's government help being required.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...virus-outbreak

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I'm not being funny, the government have bigger problems and they can't sort those out so I doubt there's much hope for RL receiving much help.
    I think we are probably way down the list but ths type of article can only help.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Without going into detail, there are organisations out there far more important in terms of what they do for this country nationally and internationally that are struggling to get the financial support they need. As much as I love the game and want it to survive this, I would be seriously annoyed if we jumped the queue for money given how appallingly the sport has been run for the last 10 years at least.