Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
Looked very briefly at the football from Germany last night, soulless is the only way to describe it, no disrespect at all intended, but far worse than watching Salford at home to Huddersfield, when all you can hear is a bit of encouragement coming from the ground staff. I'm looking forward to the game starting again, but not with the same enthusiasm as normal, part of going to a game is being caught up in the communal reaction and support of the crowd, not sat in your living room watching a game played in an empty ground. I'm sure the players also will find it hard to raise their game without encouragement, despite what they say about blocking the noise out when they're playing. Sorry to be a pessimist, but I don't think I'm the only one
Absolutely agree with you but sadly it'll be needs must to save the game.

It was strange watching the Bundesliga yesterday. I enjoyed having live sport back but the intensity was lacking and felt a bit like a training game. I will have to see how it feels when my footy and rugby team play behind closed doors to see if the emotional aspect will be there or whether that connection will be lacking when it all restarts in the UK again.