Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Season Tickets

Learning All The Songs

Default Season Tickets

If this season is a total wipe out for Superleague and will only start again next year would you be willing to give up your season ticket to help the club and buy another?

Would you want a discount?

Would you want it free?

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    If this season is a total wipe out for Superleague and will only start again next year would you be willing to give up your season ticket to help the club and buy another?

Would you want it free?
    1yes
    2no
    3no

Would you want it free?
    Sorry, but as a pensioner, I think it's a bit much to expect to basically disregard this year's season ticket and start fresh, there's only been two home league matches, so a new season ticket will have to be heavily discounted for existing ticket holders, or I will just choose which matches to go to next year.I know people might think it's a selfish attitude and we should put our hands in our pockets to save the game and I will do my bit but not by so much. Our top players are on a reasonable wage and like the rest of the working force , belts will have to be tightened. By the way I don't think this will happen hopefully I can see us going right into the winter to finish the season somehow just with with a short break to start the new season, a bit like the break between the winter and the first summer season
    Last edited by Woolyback; 26th March 2020 at 08:27.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I'm willing to write off this seasons season ticket but I would like to see the club come up with fixed "early Bird" prices for next year. Don't expect a freebie next year for obvious club financial reasons.

Our current season has ended up around £150 per game that will be tough for some fans to take though especially the ones who have took the monthly finance option.

My prediction though is that we start the current season again in August without the loop fixtures and a top 3 play off taking us into early November.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 26th March 2020 at 09:02.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I'm willing to write off this seasons season ticket but I would like to see the club come up with fixed "early Bird" prices for next year. Don't expect a freebie next year for obvious club financial reasons.
    Agreed, you've said in three lines what I meant in ten, some kind of Early Bird Season Ticket for loyal Previous Season Ticket Holders

Default Season Tickets

I’m willing to write off this years season ticket. Each month I’m buying something from the shop I wouldn’t ordinarily do too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

I fully understand people saying that they can't afford to 'write off' the price of a season ticket, but if you think about it in another way, it's money that you've already spent.
    Plus, I would imagine that many, me included, are actually saving money by not going to games.
    Obviously, the normal reaction to paying for something which has not been delivered, is to expect a refund or maybe a credit note if you know that you'll want that service sometime in the future. This is different, and personally, I would be willing to 'donate' it to the club if they were in such a state that they needed it. However, I don't expect this to happen. I think the club will take advantage of help from the State or the RFL before they ask fans for donations.
    What we might see is a 3-4 year season ticket being offered again, but with the first year 'free' for 2020 ST holders. That would give the club a decent cash injection and some degree of stability for what are going to be some difficult years ahead.

Fingers crossed that this is a shortish term delay, and that we can get to use our 2020 tickets in 2020!

£660 for two season tickets and £900 flights to Toronto apparently non refundable just a "credit" for future use. Becoming an expensive season to watch not much at this rate!
    I think writing it off completely would be a little over the top.
    My guess is we will just have a truncated season maybe straight home/away and the cup might bite the dust.
    Maybe the top 2 in the league should contest the GF with no play offs if this goes on for longer than anticipated?

Got A Season Ticket

Would you want it free?
    To be honest I've already considered it a wipe out and I'm ok with losing the money . Not happy exactly who would be?. Given the current situation there are far more things to be concerned about than my season ticket . I'd be expect if it turned out to be a write off season that the club would offer some discount for next season . Saints , according our chairman are better placed than any other club to face the challenge presented by the virus and my main concern is for the lesser clubs and their ability to survive this. The game is not awash with cash and IIRC didn't the money we gave Wakefield when we took Amor stop them from going bust . Such is the parlous financial health of the game.

Banned

Would In be prepared to lose the season ticket money yes I would be. Whatever I now get from the season "it is what it is "

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    £660 for two season tickets and £900 flights to Toronto apparently non refundable just a "credit" for future use. Becoming an expensive season to watch not much at this rate!
    I think writing it off completely would be a little over the top.
    My guess is we will just have a truncated season maybe straight home/away and the cup might bite the dust.
    Maybe the top 2 in the league should contest the GF with no play offs if this goes on for longer than anticipated?
    It might be worth holding your nerve on the flights for a while yet Div.
    I'm fairly certain that they'll have to refund if Canada is in lock-down.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

I suppose the hope is that we can get back to some games in maybe June or July, but it could be much longer. If we managed to come back in (for example) mid June, I’d completely rip up the fixture list and rewrite it to try and make sure we get all the relevant derby games in the 12-15 weeks between then and the second week of October, to try and recoup just a little bit of gate money and try to get Sky some good viewing figures to pacify their lost output.

If players and the SL clubs wanted some kind of lead in or extra pre season then maybe play the Cup games for 2-3 weeks first so that we are back on track with that, because being able to have a Cup Final at Wembley in July or August would be great for the sport and for the BBC given what it will be losing out on (Euros, Olympics, maybe Wimbledon etc). Wembley would be vacant and free later in the Summer now of course.

Do the Cup rounds first, get the Final at Wembley in late July or August, try and get a dozen SL rounds in to take us to 19-20 games, then have the top two meet in the Grand Final.

That’s the dream scenario I appreciate.

Learning All The Songs

Has anyone else had a bet on GF winner/finishing top..... I assume the bets will get refunded.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    Has anyone else had a bet on GF winner/finishing top..... I assume the bets will get refunded.
    Yes i did a bet on Saints and the Roosters to win their GF’s at 14/1. The way they’ve started id be happy with a refund. Also id like one on the football as i put e/w bets on Stoke, Rotherham, Forest Green Rovers, Harrogate, all to go up. Stoke have been a mare and FGR have been on an fantastic downward spiral. Rotherham & Harrogate are just hanging on in second place in their divisions.