Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: For next season?

I think Harvey Livett is off contract at the end of the year. He burst onto the scene in a big way then disappeared mainly down to Wire playing Ben Currie in front of him.

A good pick up on the correct money.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    I think Harvey Livett is off contract at the end of the year. He burst onto the scene in a big way then disappeared mainly down to Wire playing Ben Currie in front of him.

A good pick up on the correct money.
    I agree, I'd take him, runs above his weight. Doubt very much we'll get Jammer now.

Learning All The Songs

Goalkicker as well

Learning All The Songs

It's in one of the rugby papers that Josh Jones has requested an early release.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djdegsy View Post
    https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/spor...ansfer-4122180

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    would have him back at Saints

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    would have him back at Saints
    Me too. He is high quality and very dependable.

Me too. He is high quality and very dependable.
    I think he comes across as a bit slow, but dependable yes. We have been weak on offloads for a while, and he probably offloads more than our whole team.

Banned

I think he comes across as a bit slow, but dependable yes. We have been weak on offloads for a while, and he probably offloads more than our whole team.
    He's more of a prop than Ashworth for me, I'd have him back.

Banned

Warrington are interested with their unlimited salary cap...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    He's more of a prop than Ashworth for me, I'd have him back.
    I'd have him back. I do feel a bit for Hull though as they've signed a player who appears to be not quite as committed to playing for them as they thought.

Wouldnt mind Livett and Jones actually. Decent 2nd row that

Quote Originally Posted by djdegsy View Post
    A bit like the Exeter thing.

Gets homesick anywhere outside a 5 mile radius of Windle Island.

That said I was very impressed with his development at Salford.

I was sorry to see him go in the first place.

Harvey Livett was a good shout , also Matt Whitley is ooc.

Think it will come down to coin. He is now a big earner.
    I think wire will be the most likely destination.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    Warrington are interested with their unlimited salary cap...

Replacement for Ben Murdoch-Masila who is going to New Zealand Warriors for 2021.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I'd have him back. I do feel a bit for Hull though as they've signed a player who appears to be not quite as committed to playing for them as they thought.

Wouldnt mind Livett and Jones actually. Decent 2nd row that
    Some folk can't handle being away from their home, I believe it was his missus when he was at Exeter but it doesn't really matter either way.

It would be one or the other for me, I'd prefer Jones but most likely it would be Livett although it would cost us a lot less.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Replacement for Ben Murdoch-Masila who is going to New Zealand Warriors for 2021.
    Which is fair enough. But the article does insinuate that he wants to leave Hull now.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    Which is fair enough. But the article does insinuate that he wants to leave Hull now.

I was always get the impression that the two Hull clubs have a different culture than the rest of Super League, not quite as professional and still a bit drink orientated.

I maybe wrong or maybe they aren't as good as hiding it as other clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    A bit like the Exeter thing.

Gets homesick anywhere outside a 5 mile radius of Windle Island.

That said I was very impressed with his development at Salford.

I was sorry to see him go in the first place.

Harvey Livett was a good shout , also Matt Whitley is ooc.

Think it will come down to coin. He is now a big earner.
    I think wire will be the most likely destination.
    I am not speaking from any knowledge of the situation, but at Exeter i don't think he ever even made the bench for the first team, so not surprised is heart may not have been in it. He always seemed a strange RU signing, not fast enough for the backs and not big enough for the forwards. As you say he did develop well at Salford and his offloading is a danger to any side.

Yep, I've thought for a while that Jones looks ready for a move to the front row and he'd be a half-decent replacement for Thompson (as good as we're likely to get, as we won't get anyone of the same calibre). Wire will be desperate to replace BMM, though, and no doubt they'll be willing to waft about absurd amounts of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Yep, I've thought for a while that Jones looks ready for a move to the front row and he'd be a half-decent replacement for Thompson (as good as we're likely to get, as we won't get anyone of the same calibre). Wire will be desperate to replace BMM, though, and no doubt they'll be willing to waft about absurd amounts of cash.
    You're KC, I claim my 10 quid

I think he is too small to be a prop. This would remind me to much of how we ruined Paul Clough by trying to make him an undersized prop. If you want to bring an old player back to put in the front row I would go with Ashurst.

Jones is on six figures (£120k I think off the top of my head), I am sure Salford/Warrington would offer something competitive to that. So he would come in as a big money signing. But isn't it worth it? We have talked at length on here about our aging pack. Jones is someone you could rebuild a pack around.

Livett and Whitley are more speculative signings as both have fallen off the radar. Whitley has looked a little one dimensional since going to Catalans, but would be a good signing on medium money. Again a good player to help rebuild our pack. Livett just feels like a Saints player from the Millward era, a second rower that can fill in anywhere.

Joe Greenwood is another player worth monitoring. If he is ready to play for us for less money then he could be a good pick up. He is on big money at Wigan but what will he be after if he gets paid off. He could come to us and settle down or he could be a journeyman chasing after money for the rest of his career.

It has to be said a lot of these players have had the chance to come back to Saints in the past. Jones/Whitley/Greenwood could have all had opportunity to come back at some point. Was it just down to money or are they not keen on coming back for other reasons? Mike Rush perhaps, he was involved highly during the Cunningham era and the Saints youth system. There has been nothing in particular to say he or the current administration at Saints are to blame but their record at bringing talented players back to the club is poor.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

I wouldn't be surprised to see a swap of Greenwood and Jones.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a swap of Greenwood and Jones.
    I doubt Hull are that stupid.

Banned

I can’t believe that some fans would have Greenwood back at Saints , he’s not even a quarter of the player that left us .

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Jones would make a good replacement for Ashworth but not Thompson. McManus has just mentioned on his podcast that new and existing contracts are up in the air at the moment and can't negotiate anything because of the uncertainty.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

I'd have Jones back without a shadow of a doubt.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

You're KC, I claim my 10 quid

I think he is too small to be a prop. This would remind me to much of how we ruined Paul Clough by trying to make him an undersized prop. If you want to bring an old player back to put in the front row I would go with Ashurst.

Jones is on six figures (£120k I think off the top of my head), I am sure Salford/Warrington would offer something competitive to that. So he would come in as a big money signing. But isn't it worth it? We have talked at length on here about our aging pack. Jones is someone you could rebuild a pack around.

Livett and Whitley are more speculative signings as both have fallen off the radar. Whitley has looked a little one dimensional since going to Catalans, but would be a good signing on medium money. Again a good player to help rebuild our pack. Livett just feels like a Saints player from the Millward era, a second rower that can fill in anywhere.

Joe Greenwood is another player worth monitoring. If he is ready to play for us for less money then he could be a good pick up. He is on big money at Wigan but what will he be after if he gets paid off. He could come to us and settle down or he could be a journeyman chasing after money for the rest of his career.

It has to be said a lot of these players have had the chance to come back to Saints in the past. Jones/Whitley/Greenwood could have all had opportunity to come back at some point. Was it just down to money or are they not keen on coming back for other reasons? Mike Rush perhaps, he was involved highly during the Cunningham era and the Saints youth system. There has been nothing in particular to say he or the current administration at Saints are to blame but their record at bringing talented players back to the club is poor.
    Jones isn't tall but he's a reyt lump these days and makes a lot of metres after contact.

I don't think Greenwood is worth monitoring. He's just too hit and miss for me - a cracking player when he's on it, but most of the time is just too passive, and we'd likely get more value out of giving game time to Bentley. Binning him for Taia is the one thing KC very much did get right, IMO.

Speaking of Bentley, he strikes me as a workhorse back rower who isn't going to scare anyone with ball in hand. I'd say Whitley and Livett are in the same vein. I don't think you really want more than one of those players in your side, so I'd steer clear.