Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: For next season?

Banned

Default For next season?

Just read this article. https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/super...XQquyIzxp2AalU

Would anyone want Jammer back for a season maybe?

Anyone else you think might be a good fit for us? Nathan Peats maybe?

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post

Definitely. I think it would be great for the likes of Lees to play alongside him. Peacock played until he was 38. If we managed Jammer then he could play that long as well. As long as people aren't expecting the same performances from him as they did 10 years ago. Also I think only 100k will count on the cap because he came through our youth system, or does it not count it he's gone to the NRL and come back?

I posted a while back that Jammer was OOC at the end of the year and that I wouldn’t be surprised if the club went for him for a 1-2 year Indian summer with Thompson leaving. I’d be alright with that. I think reports of his demise have been premature ... he was one of the few GB players that looked good to me in the recent tour, and his leadership and experience wouldn’t hurt. He’s never relied on the explosiveness or athleticism that tends to go with age, so I could imagine him playing to a good level into his late 30s if he stays clear of injury.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I posted a while back that Jammer was OOC at the end of the year and that I wouldn’t be surprised if the club went for him for a 1-2 year Indian summer with Thompson leaving. I’d be alright with that. I think reports of his demise have been premature ... he was one of the few GB players that looked good to me in the recent tour, and his leadership and experience wouldn’t hurt. He’s never relied on the explosiveness or athleticism that tends to go with age, so I could imagine him playing to a good level into his late 30s if he stays clear of injury.
    That's what I thought regarding Thompson.

Definitely worth a year, if only to bed him into a coaching role for the future

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I don't know if it is just sentiment, but I wouldn't mind him back for a year or two. I have posted previously that I thought the NRL had probably taken too much out of him, but one thing is for sure we wouldn't get bullied by Cas with him in the team. I think if we accept that he will not play the minutes he did, then with Tommo off he could really galvanise our pack, physically and mentally. Nathan Peats, it may be a season or two early, with us having both Robes and Smith for at least another year. People on here also rate Eaves though I haven't seen him play.

Banned

Hard to say what petrol he has in the tank but his experience would be invaluable to the young lads. He doesn’t need to play every game or full minutes but I do reckon he has a season or two of value still left. It’ll obviously help with Thompson’s gap. Always a question on salary but that’s for others to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The South Stand

Not seen the nrl for a while,what is Tolman like these days ? Seemed to be doing well when Jammer was at the Bulldogs

Got A Season Ticket

I have asked him the last two xmas's when he's been home is he coming back to saints an he replied laughing "not yet" ,I actually saw his mother today and asked the same , she started laughing and said "who knows"

Nah

Done now Jammer playing wise.

But on the coaching staff, I think he'd be brilliant

Learning All The Songs

Jammer retiring this season isn't he?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Not seen the nrl for a while,what is Tolman like these days ? Seemed to be doing well when Jammer was at the Bulldogs
    Still at the Bulldogs

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Still at the Bulldogs

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    worth signing ?

Learning All The Songs

The only one of those OOC players still performing well (despite his age) is Adam Blair. Wouldn't bother with the rest, even Jammer, his performances have really dropped off over the last few years.
    As for some on here suggesting Kane Evans - have they actually seen him play - Utterly useless, slow, ponderous and hands like flippers. Had 1 good season for the Roosters about 4 years ago and done nothing since.

Interestingly though Corey Harawera-Naera has just been sacked by the Bulldogs and the NRL is unlikely to allow another NRL club to sign him. This guy is all class and would be the perfect replacement for Taia in the 2nd row next year (or even try to get him this year if the season ever starts again)

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Think Jammer will put his feet up in the sun by his pool.I would if I was him.
    Learned comment from The Don

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Can't argue with that.

Certainly be having a spell away from rugby league. Must be physically battered that lad

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I should imagine quite a few overseas players would have second thoughts on coming over here next season, we know that hopefully the virus will be less significant at the end of the year, but the thoughts of a possible situation again being isolated 10 000 miles from immediate family must be a turn off at the moment.

As for Jammer did he not send a tweet that he is staying put in OZ and is looking at better off field options over there.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I should imagine quite a few overseas players would have second thoughts on coming over here next season, we know that hopefully the virus will be less significant at the end of the year, but the thoughts of a possible situation again being isolated 10 000 miles from immediate family must be a turn off at the moment.

As for Jammer did he not send a tweet that he is staying put in OZ and is looking at better off field options over there.
    Stinky Brook Bondi Beach Stinky Brook Bondi Beach Sti Bondi Bondi Bondi
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Got A Season Ticket

First time posting on Red Vee, must be lockdown syndrome.

Anyway, just thinking about older players continuing, given the suspension of the season all the players have a great chance to come back injury free and this could really help the older players, especially those who often have longer seasons due to representative duties and playoffs, finals etc. So maybe a long mid season break can give players like Jammer the ability to go on a season longer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    I get your point but consider this: is Stinky Brook closed to visitors at the moment?* No, sir. No it is not.

* actually, I doubt even Covid-19 could survive long in its murk.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    Think they have called in the Derbysire Police force to put black dye into the stinky brook to stop you going to this particular beauty spot.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post

I see Bevan French went straight back to Australia after the Salford game so I doubt Wigan will be seeing him this season if it does start again, there's bound to be travel restrictions for months after the lock in is lifted particularly in the middle East stop over airports

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    That's exactly what will happen , spoke with someone very dear to him a couple of years ago who Jammer had told he has no intention of coming back to the UK absolutely loves it in Australia and just to add he did sell a house he owned close to me in Moss Bank a couple of years ago , that was obviously not because he's short of a few bob .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    That's exactly what will happen , spoke with someone very dear to him a couple of years ago who Jammer had told he has no intention of coming back to the UK absolutely loves it in Australia and just to add he did sell a house he owned close to me in Moss Bank a couple of years ago , that was obviously not because he's short of a few bob .
    I think he might be tempted if we offered him a year or two, don't know how that would affect residency rules etc if he wanted to stay in Oz but I'm sure he'll retire there and who could blame him.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I get your point but consider this: is Stinky Brook closed to visitors at the moment?* No, sir. No it is not.

* actually, I doubt even Covid-19 could survive long in its murk.
    :

No I don't think it would survive either, glad it's not closed so windsurfers and pleasure craft can still use it social distancing permitted.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.