Jungle Out There Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 37 of 37

Thread: Ashworth

  1. #26
    Got A Replica Shirt
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Needs a semicolonoscopy.
    Im short of one for my collection &@.,?!)(:


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #27
    Learning All The Songs Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,062
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gerry mander View Post
    needs a semicolonoscopy.

  3. #28
    Learning All The Songs Gerry Mander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Around the Ruck. Winning the Collision.
    Posts
    2,085
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    I assume this has been put pack from 1 April , given all that is going on.

  4. #29
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wilts
    Posts
    4,293
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I think Richards a) got lumbered with Cunninghamball and tried to make a living hitting the deck on his front in the tackle for a living and b) wasn't very good. It is a bit unfair to compare him to Luke.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    C) was as vacant as a guesthouse in Milton Keynes during lockdown. Lost count of the brainless penalties he conceded after which sporting an expression of a man struggling to comprehend what year it was. Would probably make Danny Andrews look like Coeus.

  5. #30
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    999
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I wont judge him on what hes gets up to, allegedly, off the field. However, on the field, hes not very good and Id happily see him go.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

  6. #31
    Learning All The Songs Noel Cleal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,246
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Jack is a good player still developing. He has worked well with Lees off the bench but Holbrook seemed to use them at different points of the match which was strange.

    However his isn't good enough to ignore this kind of off the field nonsense. Even if he isn't guilty we have probably seen the last of him.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

  7. #32
    In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,054
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    Jack is a good player still developing. He has worked well with Lees off the bench but Holbrook seemed to use them at different points of the match which was strange.

    However his isn't good enough to ignore this kind of off the field nonsense. Even if he isn't guilty we have probably seen the last of him.
    How/Why?

  8. #33
    Noooobie
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I Think it would be a big Mistake To Let Jack Ashworth go . I think he has Great Potential under the right coach.

  9. #34
    In The South Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    4,128
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by owl saint View Post
    I Think it would be a big Mistake To Let Jack Ashworth go . I think he has Great Potential under the right coach.
    I just get a gut feeling that he has a similar mental struggle to kick on similar to Joe Greenwood, Holbrook gave him game time but his potential is severely handicapped by his inconsistent performance and I think Holbrook because of it had him technically playing a very basic role.

  10. #35
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,649
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I just get a gut feeling that he has a similar mental struggle to kick on similar to Joe Greenwood, Holbrook gave him game time but his potential is severely handicapped by his inconsistent performance and I think Holbrook because of it had him technically playing a very basic role.
    I also think it would be a big mistake. He's got the frame and the aggression and just needs developing. He was superb at times last season, coming on with Lees and the two of them just giving the oppositon pack a hard time when they were hoping for a post-Walmsley breather.

    Whether Wolfy is the right person to be developing players is another question. I think coronavirus has probably given him an extra six months as Saints coach. He'd have been under real pressure by now if the season hadn't ended as we were playing some horrible stuff.

  11. #36
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    405
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Ashworth was awful at Wire and needs to make his mind up. Does he want it or not. Jack is about 25 now and if he is not careful its 250 a game at Hornets in front of 600 speccies next.

  12. #37
    Got A Replica Shirt
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    I also think it would be a big mistake. He's got the frame and the aggression and just needs developing. He was superb at times last season, coming on with Lees and the two of them just giving the oppositon pack a hard time when they were hoping for a post-Walmsley breather.

    Whether Wolfy is the right person to be developing players is another question. I think coronavirus has probably given him an extra six months as Saints coach. He'd have been under real pressure by now if the season hadn't ended as we were playing some horrible stuff.
    To your point Ive not seen much evidence that hes a coach either good at developing players or even interested in it. Of course its early doors but is there any evidence of a single player displaying anything new or different or inventive save for WWF wrestling technique? This being the case where is the route to assist Ashworth with his development as identified as a requirement in this thread.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •