Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ashworth

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Default Ashworth

Learning All The Songs

I think his contract is up at the end of the season, he hasn’t really impressed me so if he went on to pastures new i wouldn’t be disappointed.

Banned

Wire away was a watershed for Jack. We need replacements for Zeb and Louie very soon and it is not Jack at his age and at this stage of his development objectives.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pramtown View Post
    I think his contract is up at the end of the season, he hasn’t really impressed me so if he went on to pastures new i wouldn’t be disappointed.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I agree.
    Ditto.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Theres a reason hes down the pecking order. Off field behaviour has a huge part to play

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Mixed feelings on Ashworth.

Thought on the whole he was poor last season. However he was head and shoulders above others at Leigh and in the reserves and played well for us the year before so there is something there. I feel he bulked up to much and lost acceleration/agility.

In regards to this can’t really comment until the case has been heard, hopefully it’s nothing.

I feel it’s a bit premature for people to say they’d be happy to see him go. Especially with the likes of Amor, Scarsbrook coming to the end of their careers and Thompson leaving. Walmsley isn’t a young pup either.

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post

Thought on the whole he was poor last season. However he was head and shoulders above others at Leigh and in the reserves and played well for us the year before so there is something there. I feel he bulked up to much and lost acceleration/agility.

In regards to this can’t really comment until the case has been heard, hopefully it’s nothing.

I feel it’s a bit premature for people to say they’d be happy to see him go. Especially with the likes of Amor, Scarsbrook coming to the end of their careers and Thompson leaving. Walmsley isn’t a young pup either.
    I think this is just about right. I would give him next year when he is probably going to have to play more games, but if he doesn't improve then bin him/ When I first read the article and said I hoped it was non event, I was thinking more of the club than him personally.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post

Aye, possibly right to be fair. I've heard a few off field things about him but wouldn't want to speculate. I do think there's a good player and as you mentioned, I also feel he's carrying too much weight.

Another thread that would get "busy" under normal circumstances.

If guilty then likelyhood is he is gone especially if other Off field behaviour
    has been issue between him and the club.

If not he has whatever is left of this season to earn another deal.
    Down to him really.

Can't get too excited about this , interest and concern lies elsewhere at the moment.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Is he a prop or is he a 2nd row? At the moment I think he is somewhere in between and needs to go one way or the other. 24 years old now and, in a pack about to go through a transitional period, we need him to start fulfilling his potential.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Is he a prop or is he a 2nd row? At the moment I think he is somewhere in between and needs to go one way or the other. 24 years old now and, in a pack about to go through a transitional period, we need him to start fulfilling his potential.
    I'd like to see him get a run at SR but he needs to run harder than he does now.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    The problem for Ashworth is that Amor is a better prop than him and Bentley is a better second row than him. He needs a big step up similar to how Thompson established himself but I'm not sure if he has that mental toughness to challenge for a place in the 17.

Banned

Mental toughness good point. Richards and Thompson seemed even in ability then one wanted it more he really wanted it more. Thommo is a world beater and I think Richards is at Whitehaven. If you read this Jack decide which path your going down.

Got A Season Ticket

I think Jack could be a cracking player, however if he’s a numpty off the pitch then better to get rid.

Noooobie

Jack Ashworth I don;t Know If you have Played the Game or Not; Bentley Good player but not a second rower;Amore a Good prop well well;I think a Visit to Spec saves is Required.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by owl saint View Post
    Jack Ashworth I don;t Know If you have Played the Game or Not; Bentley Good player but not a second rower;Amore a Good prop well well;I think a Visit to Spec saves is Required.
    Anyone else confused reading this?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Mental toughness good point. Richards and Thompson seemed even in ability then one wanted it more he really wanted it more. Thommo is a world beater and I think Richards is at Whitehaven. If you read this Jack decide which path your going down.
    I think Richards a) got lumbered with Cunninghamball and tried to make a living hitting the deck on his front in the tackle for a living and b) wasn't very good. It is a bit unfair to compare him to Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Anyone else confused reading this?
    Needs a semicolonoscopy.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by owl saint View Post
    Is this your first season watching rugby league!

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I think Richards a) got lumbered with Cunninghamball and tried to make a living hitting the deck on his front in the tackle for a living and b) wasn't very good. It is a bit unfair to compare him to Luke.

2014 I thought Richards was better than Thompson. One just got better and better while the other one?? I don't know what happened with him whether it was the change under KC or something else. He just seems to have gone backwards since then. He was only 19 in that GF, how you go so far backwards from that age is beyond me

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    2014 I thought Richards was better than Thompson. One just got better and better while the other one?? I don't know what happened with him whether it was the change under KC or something else. He just seems to have gone backwards since then. He was only 19 in that GF, how you go so far backwards from that age is beyond me
    With a teenage prop I would expect no more than sold defence and the ability to drive the ball forward while retaining possession. Richards met those requirements but unfortunately his game has never progressed and he has failed to add an offload, a pass before contact or any other facet to his game. On the other hand, Thompson has gained size, pace, aggression and handling skills. I always preferred him anyway as he seemed to run at people as if the contact was 2 metres further down field, similar to Kevin Ward’s approach.

I wont condemn a man before he has had a trial. However, if what probably most of us have seen is true ( and he hasnt even been charged with other serious allegations) then he should be invited to f*** off for me. Irrespective of playing abilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    I wont condemn a man before he has had a trial. However, if what probably most of us have seen is true ( and he hasnt even been charged with other serious allegations) then he should be invited to f*** off for me. Irrespective of playing abilty.
    Ditto.

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

What has he done? people saying it was all over the media i haven't seen anything?