Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This fella should question himself

Starting A Programme Collection Mr.Yat's Avatar

Default This fella should question himself

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/i-do-...-defeat-35299/

For me aggression and physical domination is part of the game of course it is BUT it has to be controlled and if he suggests a lack of control is acceptable because it's a semi then imo he is wholly wrong and he needs to revisit his thought process. Every coach needs to show positiveness but not when it borders on arrogance which I personally thought he was getting close to.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Yat View Post

For me aggression and physical domination is part of the game of course it is BUT it has to be controlled and if he suggests a lack of control is acceptable because it's a semi then imo he is wholly wrong and he needs to revisit his thought process. Every coach needs to show positiveness but not when it borders on arrogance which I personally thought he was getting close to.
    I’ve said before McNamara needs to give up speaking to the media. His interviews fluctuate from casual arrogance to bitter whinging. That's one thing but I find his pseudo-intelligent act total garbage. He seems to think he is one step up on the media and officials when his line of reasoning is akin to a 9 year old.

He’s effectively arguing for the rules of the sport to be changed to allow for ‘pressure of semi final rugby,’ (Ive changed his quote to rugby because the last time I checked the likes of Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal play football). I thought the whole point of pressure in knock out games was self discipline and adherence to the rules not a team having some get out clause because its a big game.

His arguments are basically rubbish and moreso in an era when high tackles are under more scrutiny then ever before.
    He is an absolute cock, that fella.
    Last edited by eddiewaringsflatcap; 21st November 2020 at 13:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Yat View Post

He is right in that Maloney's challenge shouldn't have been a sin bin as he should have been sent off. Futile complaining about the second as the game was over but Moore warned them prior to that incident so Garcia left him with no option.

Bang average coach at best.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket The Meister's Avatar

McBanana has completely lost the plot - what a pr**k ��
    “With great power comes great responsibility”

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

To complain about the 1st one is farcical. The 2nd one was potentially harsh if you look at it as an isolated incident, fact is though there had already been a lot of high shots, a lot of late hits on the kicker and they had been warned. Just cos it’s ‘semi final footy’ doesn’t make it acceptable to endanger the safety of players.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

F?ck him and his cr4p team.

They came with high shots and bullying tactics and got their ar$es handed to them.

Didn’t see Sam Tomkins “at the peak of his powers” according to some members of the commentary...

I didn’t see “Catalan are still in it” after the first 8 mins

I also didn’t see Saints going full on. I think we’ve still got gears in us....
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    To complain about the 1st one is farcical. The 2nd one was potentially harsh if you look at it as an isolated incident, fact is though there had already been a lot of high shots, a lot of late hits on the kicker and they had been warned. Just cos it’s ‘semi final footy’ doesn’t make it acceptable to endanger the safety of players.
    This^
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Congratulations McBanana you've just managed to win a box of dummies beating Powell in your last game of the season. Perhaps you can give a few to Paddy Wack and one fingered Joel Tomkins.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    I’ve said before McNamara needs to give up speaking to the media. His interviews fluctuate from casual arrogance to bitter whinging. That's one thing but I find his pseudo-intelligent act total garbage. He seems to think he is one step up on the media and officials when his line of reasoning is akin to a 9 year old.

He’s effectively arguing for the rules of the sport to be changed to allow for ‘pressure of semi final rugby,’ (Ive changed his quote to rugby because the last time I checked the likes of Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal play football). I thought the whole point of pressure in knock out games was self discipline and adherence to the rules not a team having some get out clause because its a big game.

His arguments are basically rubbish and moreso in an era when high tackles are under more scrutiny then ever before.
    Agree completely FlatCap

The guy is a total helmet

In The South Stand

He didn't think there was anything wrong last week and now he's moaning about this week. He needs to reign his players in and stop the excuses

Got A Season Ticket

He’s borderline disgraceful in my opinion. RL is a tough enough sport without all that. It’s also a game of skill, if you aren’t good enough to beat the opposition then outright thuggery shouldn’t be the answer. Can’t stand the man

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

I remember McNamara defending Terry Newtons style and welcoming him to Bradford with open arms when he was assistant to Noble. Pretty much says it all. What a complete tool.
    Considering Catalans tactics last night you could argue that they warranted red cards, not yellow.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

He's out of touch, years ago they may have just been penalties but the game has moved on

With that squad of players Catalan should be better. Even on here we were concerned about them kicking for Folau to Regan Grace and a rookie centre, so instead of playing to their strengths most kicks went to Makinson's wing.
    By the time they kicked to Grace their defence was non existent and we know what happened then.

Can't recall the name of their chairman but poor fellow must be tearing his hair out after that performance all that money and effort to get mullered

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    He's out of touch, years ago they may have just been penalties but the game has moved on

With that squad of players Catalan should be better. Even on here we were concerned about them kicking for Folau to Regan Grace and a rookie centre, so instead of playing to their strengths most kicks went to Makinson's wing.
    By the time they kicked to Grace their defence was non existent and we know what happened then.

Can't recall the name of their chairman but poor fellow must be tearing his hair out after that performance all that money and effort to get mullered
    Is it Bernard Gauche?

Maybe he's trying to create a smokescreen to his own shortcomings as a coach?

That being he isn't very good

I think that Maloney was fortunate it was only yellow.

The second binning in isolation may have not been bad but it was on the back of a warning from the referee with both captains.

Catalans sailed close to the wind all night so they can have few complaints. Saints did well to keep cool.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post

Before and after the game he was asked about the two thugs from last week. Both times he said something along the lines of having strong feelings on the outcome but it wasn't the time to discuss his thoughts. Which I read as he wasn't happy but had no basis for complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Is it Bernard Gauche?

Maybe he's trying to create a smokescreen to his own shortcomings as a coach?

That being he isn't very good
    I very often think this when he is being interviewed.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post

The second binning in isolation may have not been bad but it was on the back of a warning from the referee with both captains.

Catalans sailed close to the wind all night so they can have few complaints. Saints did well to keep cool.
    What Catalans did was totally sly. They knew they could dish it out all night and our lot couldn’t retaliate and risk being banned for the final. They’ve always been a stubborn, spoiling sort of team but last night they took it to another level. I don’t think i can ever recall even Wigan ever stooping to that level of sh**housery.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post

Admired the ref for that. I get fed up teams being given a warning then carrying on with no sanction. Last night it was as it should be, he warned them then they did it again, then off.

Learning All The Songs

To be fair to McBanana i agree that the first sin bin wasnt a yellow, it should have been a red. As for the second, ot wasnt just for that high shot, it was the latest of a number of them, after they had been warned about it.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

I have no problem with teams being aggressive or in your face. It's the number of head high shots and the number of late hits on the kicker. They went hunting from the off. I believe it was tactical because they knew they can't match us in a game of rugby. Coming through a battle like that shows our class and I for one think we'll go on to win it. We are primed for next week.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

We've sent out a statement I reckon, not with the win necessarily but Catalan could only use thuggery to try and beat us, we took it and still produced a dominant display.
    Wigan have got an attacking threat in French but let's face it all they've got is aggression and thuggery. We play to our potential we'll beat them but we've got to get on top of their forwards first then play our game. It's ours to lose IMO.
    Also the ref needs to make sure those bazzers are back the 10 and square , they defended offside the other night.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Too many head shots by thugs on Lomax this season.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=...52045764927274

Got A Replica Shirt

Catalan played a game of thuggery in several instances. Challenges to the Saints kicker on the last tackle were invariably late and never pulled up by the ref. The Catalan players made head tackling an art form What Saints did to counter this negative approach was to play rugby which they did with great success. Saints will prevail next week with a fast stylish game in order to break down an expected tight Wigan defence. However, there is one thing for sure the pre-match commentary will have the subtitle The Sean OLoughlin Show as I am certain his ex Wigan colleagues employed by Sky or is that Pie TV will be only too quick to put him on the winning side before a ball is kicked. It will be interesting to see if the ref picks him up for his suspect tackling style which is usually aimed for the head of an opponent. Friday night is a great opportunity for Saints to give a true legend of the game i.e. James Graham the perfect send-off and smash Wigan.
    Bringing it all back home.

Banned

Apparently he wants to learn how to count from A-Z in French.