Got A Season Ticket

Default Radford Gone

On the official Facebook Hull FC page that Radford has gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Announced by the Hull chairman on sky in the post match interview slot

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

In The South Stand

He has been on borrowed time for a good while,honestly i am surprised at the time he was given.

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

He had to go tonight’s performance was shocking.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Think he had come to the end of his time at FC. Winning two Challenge Cups was probably peak FC under his management.

But to have the Owner come out and sack him on Live TV is nothing short of Nuclear Level Gobshite antics.

Got A Season Ticket

Default Radford Gone

Quote Originally Posted by banburysaint View Post
    Announced by the Hull chairman on sky in the post match interview slot

Did he just walk or was he pushed? Very strange timing if it was the latter

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    Think he had come to the end of his time at FC. Winning two Challenge Cups was probably peak FC under his management.

But to have the Owner come out and sack him on Live TV is nothing short of Nuclear Level Gobshite antics.
    How he has lasted so long is a miracle. Repeated 60/70 point hammerings over the last few years

That was •••• poor tonight, it was as though the players already knew about it? As.a Captain, Houghton at that play the ball! Was he looking at himself on the big screen? It seemed inevitable for the coach but the players need to look at themselves on that tonight.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

I don’t think many would question the decision but I certainly hope there’s more to the timing of the announcement than meets the eye. He was involved in the NCL for a while and you won’t meet many nicer more honest blokes than him.

Obviously not aware of the in’s and out’s and sometimes it’s just back luck but the fact that they’ve got 9 injuries already this year on the back of the injury runs they’ve had in recent years suggests to me that they need to look at the conditioning side of things as well.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    I don’t think many would question the decision but I certainly hope there’s more to the timing of the announcement than meets the eye. He was involved in the NCL for a while and you won’t meet many nicer more honest blokes than him.

Obviously not aware of the in’s and out’s and sometimes it’s just back luck but the fact that they’ve got 9 injuries already this year on the back of the injury runs they’ve had in recent years suggests to me that they need to look at the conditioning side of things as well.
    Tez, the way that was announced at the end of the match was abhorrent. I worked for a big american based multi national company. I have seen people sacked but always done with respect for their service and contribution. That was horrible to watch for anyone with any bit of humanity in them.
    Can you imagine being one of Radfords family watching on t.v.

I really felt for him.

It could have waited until tomorrow, just as McManus did with Cunningham.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

I had a feeling last nights result could get one of the two coaches closer to being sacked. That was very poor form from the Hull chairman though. Bang out of order.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Something must have happened post match before the announcement. I can't see why Pearson would do that. If nothing has happened and he has then words fail me

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Travelvocation View Post
    Did he just walk or was he pushed? Very strange timing if it was the latter

Pushed although at the start of the interview it seemed to be dressed up as a mutual decision but by the end it was clear he had been dismissed

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Something must have happened post match before the announcement. I can't see why Pearson would do that. If nothing has happened and he has then words fail me
    Theres rumours of a physical altercation with Kelly in the changing rooms hence being sacked on the spot. How true it is I dont know.

Edit: Josh Bowden had put it in a group WhatsApp, someone screen shotted it and posted online. Josh has since said it was a joke. Albert Kelly has denied this on Instagram too. What a story that would have been

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    Theres rumours of a physical altercation with Kelly in the changing rooms hence being sacked on the spot. How true it is I dont know.

Edit: Josh Bowden had put it in a group WhatsApp, someone screen shotted it and posted online. Josh has since said it was a joke. Albert Kelly has denied this on Instagram too. What a story that would have been

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    Thanks mate.

Don't know why Bowden would do that considering the situation. Don't know the full story but that seems a bit daft to say the very least

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Thanks mate.

Don't know why Bowden would do that considering the situation. Don't know the full story but that seems a bit daft to say the very least
    If that happened with Bowden then that's really bad too, snidey grassing behavior, even within a closed group. I could see Radford having a do with a player and Kelly strikes me as the type. I feel a bit sorry for Radford even though he'd clearly never really had the dressing room and whatever happened Pearson shouldn't have done that.

Learning All The Songs

Lets face it he was a donkey 2 CC wins is the only reason he kept his job for so long. Anyone can have a good cup run look at Wire.

Radders in the Cunningham school of Coaches.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    He has been on borrowed time for a good while,honestly i am surprised at the time he was given.
    I don’t think anyone really has an issue with him being sacked. But the manner of it is appalling in my view.

For Pearson to publicly announce it before the players knew and more importantly before Radford had chance to tell his family for example is completely wrong. I think he’s done it impulsively and probably thought at the time it would be seen as some sort of courageous, bold move. However I think having slept on it he’ll think he could and should have done this differently. A statement from the club this morning announcing Radford’s departure would have been received far far better than the current situation.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Lets face it he was a donkey 2 CC wins is the only reason he kept his job for so long. Anyone can have a good cup run look at Wire.

Radders in the Cunningham school of Coaches.
    Oh aye, I don't think anyone's saying he's a good coach or it was unexpected.

I seen Cunningham yesterday actually, he looked well.

Starting A Programme Collection

Turned it off after 65 mins it was that bad. Not surprised he is sacked . warringtons first half performance no doubt would have put pressure on price and briers for the same fate. This was seriously bad .

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Players got him sacked imo.
    Learned comment from The Don

Learning All The Songs

As pointed out considering the money he has spent should have gone two years ago. Last night Hull appeared rudderless and their minds elsewhere. I thought Griffin was excellent for them but regarding game plan, fitness and tactics they are light years away. Sad to see Kelly so poor, I know there have been problems but he use to be such an entertaining player. Regarding the Chairman, well the less said the better, his behaviour was a disgrace.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Players got him sacked imo.
    The highlight of the game was Danny Houghton at acting half looking round at an injured player when the ball was being played and losing possession. The first half was farcical with both teams constantly losing possession and looking like they weren’t trying. If the players got him sacked it was by performing so badly but if Dire’s second half had followed on from the first either coach could have gone.

Being a coach in any professional sport must be one of the most stressful jobs you can have. Players performing so badly must be hard to watch when your jobs on the line and I really feel sorry for Radford even though it’s been coming for a while. One of the most sensible things that the Chairman said was a response to how the players felt. I won’t be watching it back but he said something like after tonight they don’t deserve a say. Pity he had to have his own say on camera. An announcement over the weekend might have been kinder.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    I thought he would have been sacked a while ago and am really surprised he wasn't, But I don't think he should have bee sacked for last night's performance. How does a coach legislate for players dropping the ball on the first pass of the set on two consecutive sets, ot a player of Houghton's experience having his back turned at the PTB.
    For me that is not poor coaching that problem lies at the feet of the players. I turned it off as soon as it finished so didn't see the announcement by Pearson, but from what I have read it was a disgrace the way it was done. Although I thought he would be sacked earlier, I am sorry to see him go because he was always so honest in post match interviews.

Learning All The Songs

Unprofessional from Pearson to do that live on TV, it shows the owners must be taking their examples from the governing body.
    Dunno about the altercation but remember Watts and Taylor doing a Q & A with rugby AM and Watts saying that once when he made a mistake "Radders threatened to put one on him if he did it again", they were both laughing saying how serious he was when saying it.
    I can recall when Watts got sent off or binned in one match when he tried to put a Judas on an opposition, when interviewed afterwards Lee Radford said where Watts comes from he should be embarrassed with his effort at a head butt and lads around that area will be laughing at him.