Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona virus strikes.

In The South Stand

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Apologies, can't even find where I got the 17000 from now?!
    No need to apologise mate, there are so many different websites quoting different things.

Got A Season Ticket

See you all in Castleford who are going for the game, I,m still going if it’s not postponed.

This will probably be the last live game nationally for some time. So I’m going.

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Some RL clubs could end up financially on the brink if this goes on and on, businesses and the economy in general could be in trouble.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Build up from ten on Sky Sports Main Event

Nothing else on all week besides netball on Monday

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Its all b***hit if you ask me. Theirs some political bollocks going on within all of this
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Its all b***hit if you ask me. Theirs some political bollocks going on within all of this
    I don't get this 80% will be effected statistic, the UK population is 66 million so that means 52 million will be effected. China has a population of 1.6 billion but has only 80 000 effected and is slowing down.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I don't get this 80% will be effected statistic, the UK population is 66 million so that means 52 million will be effected. China has a population of 1.6 billion but has only 80 000 effected and is slowing down.
    That 80% figure is pure crap, in reality it will be less than 40%,and i work in the NHS

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Isn't that the 'worst case scenario' figure? I'm not sure what it's based on. If no one is immune, then I would assume that we all could get it. Maybe 20% of the UK live in total isolation?

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    This will probably be the last live game nationally for some time. So I’m going.
    Me too. Full kit

Shirt, shorts, socks pulled up, boots, strapping on right knee

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Me too. Full kit

Shirt, shorts, socks pulled up, boots, strapping on right knee
    Can you play Centre?

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post

I don't think it's bullshit, it's potentially very serious. For my own part as a healthy young man I'm not concerned or worried about getting it as I don't believe I'll be in any serious risk. However For 90% of the population there's very likely little to worry about, the elderly and people with other serious health issues this is a very worrying illness that could be fatal.

My girlfriend has a kidney transplant and so takes immuno suppressants, she has no immune system and this means she's at serious risk.

Irregardless of this it's the strain that it will put onto the already over burdened NHS I can imagines thousands dieing who could have been saved as there's simply not enough space on ICU wards to house everyone who may need treatment. Nevermind acces to life saving equipment, doctors and nurses. Then you have to think about the impact on the economy, loss of earnings from people on sick, or those placed under enforced isolation, lowered tax rates, increased government spending.

This is starting to get very serious and no one knows how it's going to pan out. It's main threat is how easy it transfers to new victims and it could still mutate to something more serious.

So to sum it it should be taken seriously even if your not at immediate risk, cause chances are someone in your family is.

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Can you play Centre?
    I have a distinct lack of pace & would probably get annoyed at Regan not taking the inside line every so often

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgey91 View Post
    I don't think it's bullshit, it's potentially very serious. For my own part as a healthy young man I'm not concerned or worried about getting it as I don't believe I'll be in any serious risk. However For 90% of the population there's very likely little to worry about, the elderly and people with other serious health issues this is a very worrying illness that could be fatal.

My girlfriend has a kidney transplant and so takes immuno suppressants, she has no immune system and this means she's at serious risk.

Irregardless of this it's the strain that it will put onto the already over burdened NHS I can imagines thousands dieing who could have been saved as there's simply not enough space on ICU wards to house everyone who may need treatment. Nevermind acces to life saving equipment, doctors and nurses. Then you have to think about the impact on the economy, loss of earnings from people on sick, or those placed under enforced isolation, lowered tax rates, increased government spending.

This is starting to get very serious and no one knows how it's going to pan out. It's main threat is how easy it transfers to new victims and it could still mutate to something more serious.

So to sum it it should be taken seriously even if your not at immediate risk, cause chances are someone in your family is.
    Best wishes to you & your girlfriend mate. Hope things go as well as they can

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Isn't that the 'worst case scenario' figure? I'm not sure what it's based on. If no one is immune, then I would assume that we all could get it. Maybe 20% of the UK live in total isolation?
    Just doesn't add up if you use the China Model, 1% of their population of 1.6 billion equates to 16 million and they are nowhere near 100,000 yet.

Banned

Can you play Centre?
    If you can play centre how about filling in at full back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noooobie

Best wishes to you & your girlfriend mate. Hope things go as well as they can
    Thank you

Noooobie

Look at how well China has contained it though. There extreme laws and government allows them great leeway
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Just doesn't add up if you use the China Model, 1% of their population of 1.6 billion equates to 16 million and they are nowhere near 100,000 yet.
    Perhaps that's because they locked down both Wuhan city and Hubei province. Just looked on Wiki and even in Hubei with a population of 58 million and they had about 80,000 confirmed cases. So still well off the 1%.
    Where I am we have gone into lockdown today. Just about everything shut down and we are advised not to leave the house unless absolutely necessary. If you do leave the house you are told not to go within 1,5 metres of another person. The Govt have made arrangements to take over beds in private hospitals and to take over hotels to use as quarantine centres. Even the golf courses are closed which is a bit of a pity. At least they are taking some action to halt the spread. No idea what the long term plan is, but if this continues through the summer many tourist based businesses will fold.
    Enjoy the game tomorrow, I will watch it on TV, after that I can see life getting pretty boring for a while.
    On a personal level my daughter has had to postpone her wedding has none of the attendees can get in here.

Some on here remind me of the Black Knight on Pythons Holy Grail. You may not get the full blown, you may not die, it's not about you, it's about controlling the ••••ing virus from those that it will kill.

Come Good Friday upto St. George's day on the 23th this siht will have hit the fan! Don't be so ••••ing naive to think it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    Some on here remind me of the Black Knight on Pythons Holy Grail. You may not get the full blown, you may not die, it's not about you, it's about controlling the ••••ing virus from those that it will kill.

Come Good Friday upto St. George's day on the 23th this siht will have hit the fan! Don't be so ••••ing naive to think it won't.
    Have you read Catching Cold by Pete Davies Jackbit?

It's about pandemics and what's happening now and the people who really know their stuff on microbiology and disease control said this will happen.

Focuses on the hunt for strains of the Spanish flu frozen in the Alaskan ice but touches on why a future pandemic is inevitable. Published in 1999 I think

Have you read Catching Cold by Pete Davies Jackbit?

It's about pandemics and what's happening now and the people who really know their stuff on microbiology and disease control said this will happen.

Focuses on the hunt for strains of the Spanish flu frozen in the Alaskan ice but touches on why a future pandemic is inevitable. Published in 1999 I think
    Hi Ralf, no I've not read the book by R. Davies, but in a previous life have worked within a company producing vaccine for the one they expect to do us all damage, irrispective of age or condition, H5N1, Bird flu. This may be the precursor to that? But we will never be sure, but this Covid-19 is the clear and present danger and everyone should be absolutely aware that we as a nation, are going to lose a lot of our nearest and dearest, especially, if some quarters still think that this is like the Flu? It is not the Flu, follow the guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    Hi Ralf, no I've not read the book by R. Davies, but in a previous life have worked within a company producing vaccine for the one they expect to do us all damage, irrispective of age or condition, H5N1, Bird flu. This may be the precursor to that? But we will never be sure, but this Covid-19 is the clear and present danger and everyone should be absolutely aware that we as a nation, are going to lose a lot of our nearest and dearest, especially, if some quarters still think that this is like the Flu? It is not the Flu, follow the guidelines.
    Yep you're right. Completely different virus

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgey91 View Post
    Look at how well China has contained it though. There extreme laws and government allows them great leeway
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
    They are also largely people who have self discipline. If they are told there is a lockdown they will accept a lockdown and behave as they are told.

If we announced a lockdown from Monday at 6pm, the shops would be completely emptied, there would be rioting and civil unrest over kitkats and half the population would assume it doesn't apply to them as they are rich or drive a BMW or are too young to be affected by it.