Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hull FC Positive CovidTests

Default Hull FC Positive CovidTests

With the breaking news tonight there has to be serious doubts about the season being played out?
    It was always a massive risk.
    I say let's have a top two Wigan v Saints GF this weekend and call it a day until February!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/53746240

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    With the breaking news tonight there has to be serious doubts about the season being played out?
    It was always a massive risk.
    I say let's have a top two Wigan v Saints GF this weekend and call it a day until February!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/53746240
    Yeah , Hull will have difficulty raising a team . But maybe the top 8 could play off for league champions . Playing behind closed doors is not a great idea .

Banned

Isnt this why we have reserves and academys? If they dont have 17 of their first team squad then they should play reserves or academy players. We have done this before as have every other team. Surely other sl teams can send players on loan also

Banned

It was always going to happen at some point, same as it has with football. Hopefully it's been managed well enough that it doesn't become a bigger issue. To be honest, at least it shows the system is working.

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Without wanting to sound to crictical it does make you wonder, what are the players doing in their spare time?

I know they're only human and can't be expected to be just staying in the house/training/staying in the house but on the other hand they also can't be as sociable as they were before the lockdown. Are some of the players not taking that part as seriously as they should?

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Nobody is getting relegated so if they can raise a team they'll have providing everybody is tested and cleared, they may postpone one week but same with PL football they'll have to play for Sky money rightly or wrongly.

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    Without wanting to sound to crictical it does make you wonder, what are the players doing in their spare time?

I know they're only human and can't be expected to be just staying in the house/training/staying in the house but on the other hand they also can't be as sociable as they were before the lockdown. Are some of the players not taking that part as seriously as they should?
    I'm not sure looking to play the blame game is the right way to go. All the measures reduce the risk not eliminate it.

As for the suggestion of loaning players, would a player want to go to club where there has already been an outbreak? Plus it would have to be for the rest of the season, think cross contamination from one playing group to another. An 80 min game isn't the same as day to day training and interaction.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post

You can't point the finger at people not following distance rules as nobody is sure how you pick up this disease. They could have caught it in Tesco's.

My fear now is that Superleague will shut down again and not open up until next season.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    It was always going to happen at some point, same as it has with football. Hopefully it's been managed well enough that it doesn't become a bigger issue. To be honest, at least it shows the system is working.
    Absolutely Spot on, the way the hull journo tried to break it last night there was talk of Toronto collapsing, Hull FC/KR merging, but as it goes 8 tested positive..

It was always going to happen and hopefully they're are plans in place to deal with it.. in all likelihood they're asymptomatic (else they wouldn't have played) so as you say, the system works

And talk of cancelling the season? If we cancel there won't be a season to go back to.. things are changing all the time, we could have a test that gives a result in a couple of hours soon for example

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    My fear now is that Superleague will shut down again and not open up until next season.
    That is the big risk now. with all the games being played at the same venue each weekend at the moment. Each team will have potentially come into contact with areas where the affected players have been and Salford players must be particularly concerned (assuming the affected Hull players were involved in the game last Sunday). I wonder if they will go ahead with this weekend's round and see if there are further cases or play it safe and call it off?

EDIT: apparently five of them did play against Salford.
    I am angry, I am ill and I'm as ugly as sin ...

Banned

You can't point the finger at people not following distance rules as nobody is sure how you pick up this disease. They could have caught it in Tesco's.

Exactly, they can't be expected to stay in their houses all week then just train and play. Although I heard something last night about a Celtic player going to Spain for the day and causing chaos in the SPL. Apparently Aberdeen players now too.

That's what's worrying me. I honestly thought we (RL) were doing the right things but clearly not and you have to question teams all playing in the same ground.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    Isnt this why we have reserves and academys? If they dont have 17 of their first team squad then they should play reserves or academy players. We have done this before as have every other team. Surely other sl teams can send players on loan also
    I wouldn't want anybody from the Hull and Salford clubs at our place this weekend, its just increasing the risk of our stadium being infected and the circumstances that develop afterwards.

According to reports, Leeds/Saints used the main dressing rooms as did the earlier Salford/Hull game, the other clubs used different changing rooms
    Last edited by STIDDY; 12th August 2020 at 09:16.

Starting A Programme Collection

It's a contact sport, all it needed was for one player to be infected then spread to his team mates and possibly to the opposition, it's makes the need for deep cleaning dressing rooms etc even more important, but even then there's a high risk of infection because the players are still in the community, not like the cricket teams who are completely isolated in a "bubble" but who wants to live like that. One more team becoming infected and I fear the worst, rugby union teams are just forfeiting the matches if infected but they are just limping to the end of their season, personally I would be planning an alternative way of finishing the season going straight to some sort of lengthier play offs with higher placed teams being given an advantage, this is a worst case scenario should more teams become infected causing abandonments/postponement it might be a case of a couple of clubs being the last men standing, a doomsday scenario but not too fanciful, I hope I'm completely wrong

Got A Season Ticket

I'm not saying the players are the same but it really ••••es me off when idiots knowingly don't follow the social distancing rules, low lives

Banned

Football's Premier League and Championship completed their seasons without such an incident. It very much is in the hands of players to isolate sufficiently and take this seriously. At stake is the continued full-time status of the game; lose that and the vast majority of players will see their incomes slashed. We've seen stories of mothers working in the NHS or care sector isolating from their families and not seeing their kids for weeks. Vulnerable people similarly isolating themselves for months. It's called self-sacrifice and players have a responsibility to do everything they can to avoid becoming infected.

I half expect to see a story emerge about a group of Hull players having a p*ss-up in a packed pub or something.

This also shows how utterly crap this government's trace & test system is. One would expect all the people these players have been in contact with to be traced and tested, but I doubt it'll happen. An utter farce.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Football's Premier League and Championship completed their seasons without such an incident. It very much is in the hands of players to isolate sufficiently and take this seriously. At stake is the continued full-time status of the game; lose that and the vast majority of players will see their incomes slashed. We've seen stories of mothers working in the NHS or care sector isolating from their families and not seeing their kids for weeks. Vulnerable people similarly isolating themselves for months. It's called self-sacrifice and players have a responsibility to do everything they can to avoid becoming infected.

I half expect to see a story emerge about a group of Hull players having a p*ss-up in a packed pub or something.

This also shows how utterly crap this government's trace & test system is. One would expect all the people these players have been in contact with to be traced and tested, but I doubt it'll happen. An utter farce.
    Surely the track and trace system is failing because when pubs/restaurants etc ask customers for contact details, most customers give false details, the pricks

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

Another problem that could lie ahead is what happens in France.The news have been saying for days that France are on the verge of being put on the governments quarentine list.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Colin View Post
    Surely the track and trace system is failing because when pubs/restaurants etc ask customers for contact details, most customers give false details, the pricks
    Half the pubs don't even bother asking. But yes, there's been arseholes throughout this refusing to follow guidance that benefits everyone. They are, as you say, pricks.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Half the pubs don't even bother asking. But yes, there's been arseholes throughout this refusing to follow guidance that benefits everyone. They are, as you say, pricks.
    I've only been into three different pubs (in the U.K) since lockdown was lifted and all three asked for details, which we provided. As for half of "most of the customers giving false details" where did you get that from?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    I've only been into three different pubs (in the U.K) since lockdown was lifted and all three asked for details, which we provided. As for half of "most of the customers giving false details" where did you get that from?
    Because local media has reported it as so,,,, plus it makes sense, I've sat in pubs since they reopened physically watching people i know giving false details to the staff, i had enough of it and gave the staff their real details. Even neighbours tried giving false details

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

The RFL decision to make 10 clubs play at one stadium over the weekend doesn't seem a good idea now, surely health + safety protocols can be implemented at each "home" club with proper inspections, so that we get isolation to reduce risk.

Learning All The Songs

No use pointing the finger at the ordinary Joe, in my experience most people adhered to the lockdown rules, which was done to protect the under funded health services of every country being overrun.
    It is time to provide support for the elderly and compromised, everyone else should be allowed to carry on.
    The WHO was founded for outbreaks like this yet they did not give definitive measures, being way out with their predicted mortality numbers, leaving every country to decide to take what they want out of it. The experts I have listened to and read have huge conflicting opinions. All this does not fill the man on the street with confidence, a fella not giving their correct name is not the cause or spread of this virus.

Got A Season Ticket

This is spot on. When we are coming out of lockdown the government, any government, has to rely on people doing the right thing and it is not happening. This is partly why there a localised surge of new cases.
    There is a very well known pub in St.Helens with a big reputation for top quality dining which is currently -

Not limiting bookings and the place is packed out.
    No social distancing measures in place.
    No request for track and trace details.
    Staff not wearing any form of PPE.
    Customers told to stand at the bar whilst waiting for a table.

Is it any wonder we still have problems when irresponsible behaviour is still rife.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    No use pointing the finger at the ordinary Joe, in my experience most people adhered to the lockdown rules.
    It is time to provide support for the elderly and compromised, everyone else should be allowed to carry on.
    The WHO was founded for outbreaks like this yet they did not give definitive measures, being way out with their predicted mortality numbers, leaving every country to decide to take what they want out of it. The experts I have listened to and read have huge conflicting opinions. All this does not fill the man on the street with confidence, a fella not giving their correct name is not the cause or spread of this virus.
    But tell me, why would anyone with half a brain give out false details???

Banned

But tell me, why would anyone with half a brain give out false details???
    The answer lies in the wording of your question...

(why would people set fire to 5G phone masts? why would people believe all that QAnon idiocy? why would people support Brexit?)