Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Corona virus strikes.

Learning All The Songs

Oh we do have some people on here who object to people trying to cope with these times. The rules are you can go out and exercise (in fact it is encouraged)as long as you keep your distance what is the issue? Oh yes the issue is other people.

My misses works in Mental Health and the number of people asking for help during this time has increased considerably. Just get over it you people. People need to get out into the green spaces for their mental wellness. Just because they walk past you house provided they don’t spit into you gardens what is your issue. Just live and let live.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Most mornings I bike the 21 locks on the Leeds/Liverpool Canal pre lockdown I would pass about 6 people. The past 4 weeks it’s like the M25 and people are in their hundreds. Young ladies are the worse walking the dog on long leads, they also wear ear plugs and are completely unaware of the surroundings. It would need a low flying jet to get a response out of them.
    Just been to the supermarket and there was a posse of them stood gabbing, ••••ing arseholes. I swear this town has twice the normal number of retards.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Oh we do have some people on here who object to people trying to cope with these times. The rules are you can go out and exercise (in fact it is encouraged)as long as you keep your distance what is the issue? Oh yes the issue is other people.

My misses works in Mental Health and the number of people asking for help during this time has increased considerably. Just get over it you people. People need to get out into the green spaces for their mental wellness. Just because they walk past you house provided they don’t spit into you gardens what is your issue. Just live and let live.
    There is a complete lack of awareness with people of all ages and gender who don't make the effort of thought or show complacency how to social distance. I'm pretty much an outdoor person because most of my hobbies are outside in the natural environment, over the last 4 weeks I have gone out of my way to chat with people (at distance) mostly the elderly to ask how they are coping and to give them some positive vibe whilst we are in these uncertain times. But there are quite a few selfish people who just don't care about anyone else, luckily they are in the minority.

Banned

Seems we're not the only country with idiots. I'm currently in Germany, in between the 2 cities which have seen spikes and we've had our site closed as potentially an infected person has been there. Fortunately I've not actually been there yet so can travel home but that's about it. Stay safe people.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Seems we're not the only country with idiots. I'm currently in Germany, in between the 2 cities which have seen spikes and we've had our site closed as potentially an infected person has been there. Fortunately I've not actually been there yet so can travel home but that's about it. Stay safe people.

Given the blase behaviour of an increasing number of people regarding social distancing, I think it's inevitable there's going to be further spikes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Given the blase behaviour of an increasing number of people regarding social distancing, I think it's inevitable there's going to be further spikes.
    Yep, it surprised me here and it's really worried me for back home as you know we'll manage to make a pigs ear of it.

Learning All The Songs

Is he still out on the loose? That theory re hypoxia is completely discredited. I'd say vaccines are vital. I've not died of measles, whooping cough, tetanus, TB or polio.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by andym View Post
    You can fool some people all of the time, you can fool all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.
    Social distancing is kept by idiots. Viruses DO NOT fly from one person to another like magic, once it leaves the body it's dead, that's DEAD. It is parasitic, it can NOT survive without a host for a second. It has no cell structure, it cannot live on metal, wood, plastic or any other surface. Only a dickhead believes in social distancing. People too stupid to think for themselves. Belief in politicians and their spokesmen is like believing in Father Christmas. Corona viruses are the cause of the common cold, that's IT. It's not the plague, that's why only very sick and very old people have died - old age and cancer! The media lies like any politician, like they did with WMDs, Brexit (the first theresa May when selected to be the Tory head, was to STOP the inquiry into paedophilia at Westminister, not Brexit, that was second), bribery scandals, etc. use your brains for once, better to live one day as a lion than a 100 as a sheep. Masks restrict oxygen, hence HYPOXIA!
    The rainbow is a symbol of monarch Mind Control, what a coincidence.
    Mortality has decreased rapidly since babies have not been vaccined. Coincidence?
    Vaccines, pesticides, pollution, fast food, these are more dangerous, not some lying politicians, and their shills in the media. Wake up o sleepers and rise from the dead.
    Well that's great, you're obviously a really well informed and intelligent guy. I'm clearly a dickhead and I have no understanding other than what I'm told of how a virus is spread.

Can you explain to me why I'm currently self isolating at home instead of being in work in Germany, a country that quickly and efficiently got a grip on the virus although probably made a mistake in relaxing restrictions a bit quickly. Does that confirm me being a dickhead because I don't want to expose my friends and family, or the Germans are dickheads?

I think there's only one dickhead here.

You can fool some people all of the time, you can fool all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.
    Social distancing is kept by idiots. Viruses DO NOT fly from one person to another like magic, once it leaves the body it's dead, that's DEAD. It is parasitic, it can NOT survive without a host for a second. It has no cell structure, it cannot live on metal, wood, plastic or any other surface. Only a dickhead believes in social distancing. People too stupid to think for themselves. Belief in politicians and their spokesmen is like believing in Father Christmas. Corona viruses are the cause of the common cold, that's IT. It's not the plague, that's why only very sick and very old people have died - old age and cancer! The media lies like any politician, like they did with WMDs, Brexit (the first theresa May when selected to be the Tory head, was to STOP the inquiry into paedophilia at Westminister, not Brexit, that was second), bribery scandals, etc. use your brains for once, better to live one day as a lion than a 100 as a sheep. Masks restrict oxygen, hence HYPOXIA!
    Mortality has decreased rapidly since babies have not been vaccined. Coincidence?
    Vaccines, pesticides, pollution, fast food, these are more dangerous, not some lying politicians, and their shills in the media. Wake up o sleepers and rise from the dead.
    It's just that flu & corona viruses CAN survive on surfaces though. I could be wrong but a virus like HIV cannot?

I love the way that these morons who believe literally anything they read on the internet are always telling people to think for themselves.

Starting A Programme Collection

Just been reading that it's come to light that a minority of people who have had Covid but who were unaware of the fact are now showing signs of brain disease, including hallucinations, just wondering.........

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

........................ d'oh

Learning All The Songs

Anyone know how many times you need to bang your head against a wall before this garbage makes sense?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Anyone know how many times you need to bang your head against a wall before this garbage makes sense?
    If I heard him coming out with that crap he'd be lucky not to get a bang on the nose. It's becoming really tiresome now all this conspiracy crap, as are the people going to beaches, having street parties and the like. Pathetic and stupid the lot of them.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Well that's great, you're obviously a really well informed and intelligent guy. I'm clearly a dickhead and I have no understanding other than what I'm told of how a virus is spread.

Can you explain to me why I'm currently self isolating at home instead of being in work in Germany, a country that quickly and efficiently got a grip on the virus although probably made a mistake in relaxing restrictions a bit quickly. Does that confirm me being a dickhead because I don't want to expose my friends and family, or the Germans are dickheads?

I think there's only one dickhead here.
    Don't know why you bother with people of such superior intellect.

Ignored him months ago. No idea why he is still here.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I don't know if anyone has been following, as I have, the daily stats for St Helens and Wigan areas on the Government dash board? But it seems that the number of cases on Wednesday 1st July for the two were, St Helens 768 cases and Wigan 1,235. The stats for yesterday are now showing, St Helens 1,192 and Wigan 2,109! So they have either shot up in the last 24 hours or they have cocked up the stats? Either way, it's worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    I don't know if anyone has been following, as I have, the daily stats for St Helens and Wigan areas on the Government dash board? But it seems that the number of cases on Wednesday 1st July for the two were, St Helens 768 cases and Wigan 1,235. The stats for yesterday are now showing, St Helens 1,192 and Wigan 2,109! So they have either shot up in the last 24 hours or they have cocked up the stats? Either way, it's worrying.
    The statistics have shot up all over the country, but hopefully it is only because there has been such a dramatic rise of testing, pushing towards 300,000 a day capability so obviously the number of recorded cases also increases at such a high rate, there are many parts of the country that are now virtually Covid free, and the famous R rate has not increased proportionately which at the moment must be a hopeful sign. The dramatic rise you write about might just be updating the figures as it must be an almighty task keeping on top of updating all the statistics

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    The statistics have shot up all over the country, but hopefully it is only because there has been such a dramatic rise of testing, pushing towards 300,000 a day capability so obviously the number of recorded cases also increases at such a high rate, there are many parts of the country that are now virtually Covid free, and the famous R rate has not increased proportionately which at the moment must be a hopeful sign. The dramatic rise you write about might just be updating the figures as it must be an almighty task keeping on top of updating all the statistics
    It can't help having a bunch of incompetent, lying shysters as a government.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    That is mental. St Helens was in the mid 700s while Wigan were in low 1200s for several weeks. They haven't just increased by that much due to more testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Surely this is the issue. I'm no expert on how the data has been collected or reported, but surely the more you test the more cases you will get!!! As far as I can tell these are not being reported as number of cases proportional to the amount tested so it seems like a complete nonsense. Also it depends on where the testing is done. If one day lots of care homes are tested then there will be disproportionately large numbers. I believe that the Office for National Statistics report every Friday is the best representation as a load of maths geeks use figures collected more fairly.

Quote Originally Posted by djh1972 View Post
    Surely this is the issue. I'm no expert on how the data has been collected or reported, but surely the more you test the more cases you will get!!! As far as I can tell these are not being reported as number of cases proportional to the amount tested so it seems like a complete nonsense. Also it depends on where the testing is done. If one day lots of care homes are tested then there will be disproportionately large numbers. I believe that the Office for National Statistics report every Friday is the best representation as a load of maths geeks use figures collected more fairly.
    It is because since the 3rd of July the government have started to include the pillar 2 tests. The cases are backdated to April so have effectively been under reported but means the increase isn't current.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk

Banned

I'm hearing that cases in St Helens beginning to spike again.

The NHS '111 Triage' figures seem to back this up - https://digital.nhs.uk/dashboards/nh...ways#dashboard

If we do get a spike significant to have local restrictions imposed, I don't know how that would impact the staging of games at TTWS

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I'm hearing that cases in St Helens beginning to spike again.

The NHS '111 Triage' figures seem to back this up - https://digital.nhs.uk/dashboards/nh...ways#dashboard

If we do get a spike significant to have local restrictions imposed, I don't know how that would impact the staging of games at TTWS
    Now that there is widespread testing available the number of people known to have the infection will increase.

Back in March/April the recorded cases were mainly people who needed hospital treatment, many of those testing positive now will be mild cases who can self isolate and recover at home.

Statistically 1000 cases now will be the same point on a graph as 1000 in April but will result in a lot less deaths

Or maybe I'm just an optimist

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    Now that there is widespread testing available the number of people known to have the infection will increase.

Back in March/April the recorded cases were mainly people who needed hospital treatment, many of those testing positive now will be mild cases who can self isolate and recover at home.

Statistically 1000 cases now will be the same point on a graph as 1000 in April but will result in a lot less deaths

Or maybe I'm just an optimist
    You're quite right, take the Gerard for example, a number of people were traced and tested and have come back positive, however they're asymptomatic, so would be none the wiser had they not been tested, I know that sounds an obvious thing to say

There are 73 people nationally on mechanical ventilators, there were 3,301 in April for comparison.

The disease isn't going anywhere, the plan remember was not to overwhelm the NHS. Deaths are reducing slowly, excess deaths have been below the average for five consecutive weeks now. However seemingly it's either lost its potency, or sadly it's already killed the most vulnerable